Svof

Comments

• Antonius said:
    Based on the error, there's likely a call to the addaff function that doesn't actually specify an affliction.
    Perfect. I’ll look into it! 
  • Ok, so it seems like something like this is happening.

svo.addaffdict(svo.dict.illness)

where illness is a table not a string. (example code of svo.dict.illness)

svo.dict = {
     illness = {
        gamename = 'nausea',
        herb = {
          aspriority = 0,
          spriority = 0,

isadvisable = function ()
            -- curing illness before hypochondria will make it get re-applied
            return (affs.illness and not affs.madness and not affs.hypochondria) or false
          end,

oncompleted = function ()
            svo.rmaff('illness')
            svo.lostbal_herb()
          end,

eatcure = {'ginseng', 'ferrum'},
          onstart = function ()
            svo.eat(svo.dict.illness.herb)
          end,

empty = function()
            empty.eat_ginseng()
          end
        },
        aff = {
            if not svo.find_until_last_paragraph("Your enhanced constitution allows you to shrug off the nausea.", 'exact') then
              svo.addaffdict(svo.dict.illness)
            end
          end,
        },
        gone = {
            svo.rmaff('illness')
          end,
        }
      },
    }

Any idea how to fix this issue?
    The function svo.addaffdict() is the same as old_public_addaff()

local old_public_addaff = function (new_aff)
    	cecho("<red>\n this shit is the problem !!! - "..new_aff)
      svo.assert(type(new_aff.name) == "string", "svo.addaff: what aff would you like to add? name must be a string")
      svo.assert(svo.dict[new_aff] and svo.dict[new_aff].aff, "svo.addaff: "..new_aff.." isn't a known aff name")

if affs[new_aff] then
        return false
      else
        if svo.dict[new_aff].aff and svo.dict[new_aff].aff.forced then
          svo.dict[new_aff].aff.forced()
        elseif svo.dict[new_aff].aff then
          svo.dict[new_aff].aff.oncompleted()
        else
          old_internal_addaff(svo.dict[new_aff])
        end

signals.after_lifevision_processing:unblock(cnrl.checkwarning)
        sk.checkaeony()
        signals.aeony:emit()
        svo.codepaste.badaeon()

return true
      end
    end
    svo.addaff = function(aff_string_or_table)
      if type(aff_string_or_table) == 'table' then
        old_internal_addaff(aff_string_or_table)
      elseif type(aff_string_or_table) == 'string' then
        old_public_addaff(aff_string_or_table)
    	else 
    		cecho("<blue> Unknown type: "..aff_string_or_table)
      end
    end
    svo.addaffdict = old_public_addaff

• Those two asserts at the start seem contradictory. The first expects new_aff to be a table with a "name" property, the second seems to expect new_aff to be a string (because the keys in svo.dict are strings). It obviously can't satisfy both situations at the same time, so at least one of them is always going to complain. To confuse things further, svo.dict.illness doesn't have a "name" property; it does have a "gamename" property, though.
  • Blocking spams me out if I block a direction, preblock another before movement, then try to move. I have to leave the room before it will stop. Any fixes for this anywhere?
    Give us -real- shop logs! Not another misinterpretation of features we ask for, turned into something that either doesn't help at all, or doesn't remotely resemble what we wanted to begin with.

Thanks!

Current position of some of the playerbase, instead of expressing a desire to fix problems:

Vhaynna: "Honest question - if you don't like Achaea or the current admin, why do you even bother playing?"

• Huh I thought I'd sent a pull request to fix that aff thing awhile ago. Maybe I missed a spot. I'm not gonna have time to look at anything for another 3 weeks though. 

Dunn tells you, "I hate you."
    (Party): You say, "Bad plan coming right up."
  • Ismay said:
    Blocking spams me out if I block a direction, preblock another before movement, then try to move. I have to leave the room before it will stop. Any fixes for this anywhere?
    Vignore blocking and manually block with the rest of us. :)
  • Cyr said:
    Huh I thought I'd sent a pull request to fix that aff thing awhile ago. Maybe I missed a spot. I'm not gonna have time to look at anything for another 3 weeks though. 
    Mind giving me a breakdown of the fix? I’ll try to figure out the rest and request a fix through github
  • @Antonius those properties are autogenerated later in the setup file along with a few others. Saves on mistakes and typing!
  • Okay....came back from being dormant and found out the prompt changes are appearing on the left side and not the right side? Any clues?

so this
    8314[100] 6928[ 99] (-20m, 0.3%)</code>(-20m, 0.3%) 8314[100] 6928[ 99]</pre><br></div><div>but I want it to go back to being</div><div><pre class="CodeBlock"><code>

• Heyo! So, I have a lot of downtime at work today, and was thinking about setting up Nexus so I can play on the fly.  I've found Jhui's Nexsys system, and would love to give it a try.  However, I'm worried that playing with serverside settings and the like might mess up my SVO setup at home.  Is this something I should worry about?  I don't want to get home to find all my prios and the like are screwy :(
  • It won't, as Svof will reset the serverside prios when it runs
  • edited December 2018

I got a bunch of errors, so I clicked on them and this is what I got.
    When I QQ:

qq
    "...ti/.config/mudlet/profiles/Zeris Psion/Psion svo/svo:39285: attempt to concatenate field 'charname' (a nil value)"

I did try it on a new and completely empty profile.

• So something in svof/serverside just broke for me.

Precaching attempts do this:

You have no bloodrootnone stored in the Rift.

Using the "ts" alias does this:

(svof): Won't keep shield up anymore.
    You have no such set.

(svof): Will keep shield up.
    You have no such set.

Tried to do vinstall and get this:

(svof): Do you want to show changes about your health/mana in the prompt?
    (svof): Use vconfig showchanges yep/nope to answer.
    "...REDACTED/.config/mudlet/profiles/Achaea/Magi svo/svo:42484: attempt to concatenate field 
    'mosshealth' (a nil value)"

Halp. D:
  • Kaden said:
    So something in svof/serverside just broke for me.

Precaching attempts do this:

You have no bloodrootnone stored in the Rift.

Using the "ts" alias does this:

(svof): Won't keep shield up anymore.
    You have no such set.

(svof): Will keep shield up.
    You have no such set.

Tried to do vinstall and get this:

(svof): Do you want to show changes about your health/mana in the prompt?
    (svof): Use vconfig showchanges yep/nope to answer.
    "...REDACTED/.config/mudlet/profiles/Achaea/Magi svo/svo:42484: attempt to concatenate field 
    'mosshealth' (a nil value)"

Halp. D:
    Reset your commandseparator in both svof and serverside config. This seems to have fixed a number of issues (the none next to bloodroot should be a separator)
  • SVOF limb counter worked like a charm. Until I upgraded to level one arte morningstars! Now it's reading off assess as if I didn't have them, so limbs break earlier than the limb counter expects. I suspect I have to change something, but where does I go?
  • YsabelA said:
    SVOF limb counter worked like a charm. Until I upgraded to level one arte morningstars! Now it's reading off assess as if I didn't have them, so limbs break earlier than the limb counter expects. I suspect I have to change something, but where does I go?
    SVO limb counter is pretty terrible, imo.  Try Antonius'!  It's great!

https://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4480/knight-limb-counter-v2/p1
  • Riell said
    SVO limb counter is pretty terrible, imo.  Try Antonius'!  It's great!

https://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4480/knight-limb-counter-v2/p1
    Do you know if it supports 2h with bastard swords and Warhammer?
  • I just installed SVOF, for Priest, and some parts of it seem to be working alright, however when I try to defup, using "vdefs basic", even after doing "vshow defup" and adding the things I want in my basic defup, it does nothing. All I get is "Deffing up in basic defence mode." and nothing else. 

Also, when I try the basher, with the F2 kill command, (though I changed "Kill" to "Smite" in the script) it also does nothing. All I get is "Do-Repeat enabled; will repeat smite rat forever." but it does nothing. 

Am I missing something? I'm somewhat new to the game, and I don't have a lot of the skills that svof could use, but that shouldn't prevent me from deffing with the few skills I have, right?
  • The priest class has changed since svof was last released. I suspect that is why.

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Thanks for the response! Does anyone know if there are any efforts to update it for the new changes? Or is there anything I can do to help with the updates...in spite of my lack of coding experience?
  • What's the toggle for SVOF to play nice with server side curing?
  • VeldrinVeldrin Denmark
    tn ss
    tf ss
    ?

• SophiSophi Rally Point
    Also vshow server to enable/disable handling of certain things by svo with serverside enabled 
  • My NDB doesn't seem to be working at all. I've made sure to download the latest version of Svof. Is there a fix or something?
    Give us -real- shop logs! Not another misinterpretation of features we ask for, turned into something that either doesn't help at all, or doesn't remotely resemble what we wanted to begin with.

Thanks!

Current position of some of the playerbase, instead of expressing a desire to fix problems:

Vhaynna: "Honest question - if you don't like Achaea or the current admin, why do you even bother playing?"

• Ismay said:
    My NDB doesn't seem to be working at all. I've made sure to download the latest version of Svof. Is there a fix or something?
    Is it just the stuff like qwc or all name colouring and Whois that’s not working?
  • I'm having issues with it too. I noticed that it wasn't coloring new names, so I tried doing qw update and that didn't work, so I did ndb update all, which worked until it got to Nicator, which apparently confused it, and it won't update any farther. 
  • @Cailin So I think I figured out the issue with the Nicator honours. When I tried to honours him, NDB doesn't detect the honours attempt and just loops trying to do so. Your update all probably had him in NDB if his honours lines were changed at some point and his previous lines were detected properly. If you want NDB to check his properly you can add to the Honors trigger in the NDB/Data Capture/Honours on a person/ folder the line 
    His birth was foretold in legend.
    Can be substring or exact, worked for me either way putting it on line 6, not that any of his details get captured as they're quite different from adventurer stats, but then NDB won't screw up if you happen to honours him in the future. Alternatively you can just do ndb delete Nicator to not have him checked on update all, but it will still mess up just honoursing him in the future.

Last, some changes to the qwho trigger were discussed over here--> https://forums.achaea.com/discussion/6768/issue-with-svof   where dragonknight pointed out the change to the pattern and to comment out a section of its code to make it work again. If you still have the old matching pattern (and lines) that's likely the cause of ndb issues as many features of ndb qwho (qwc, ect..) work through this.

Hope those solve each of your issues you were having and if you have any questions on this or things still don't work, just let me know and I'll try to help. 
  • QwindorQwindor Fort Riley
    will be solved in the next update. I already fixed it for the clientside update

• WessuxWessux Chattanooga
    So when I last played Svof was pretty rough and didn't function, or functioned poorly for several classes. Is it worth trying to use or is there another curing system out there I could try out?
    Invest in a 9mm retirement plan.