Svof

Comments

• I've done the reset on the new curing set, doesn't seem to have made any difference.

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • I don't think a custom curingset is going to play nicely with Svof. There are two that it uses, manipulates and switches between (as per my understanding and perusing the source trying to figure things out.)
    The system also makes use of 2 curingsets - normal and slowcuring. These do not correspond to your defence modes, but instead to the normal and slowcuring (aeon/retardation) priorities - the idea is that when you enter aeon or retardation, all of your priorities can be switched over instantly with a single command for fast curing without the burden of changing many priorities that’ll slow you down.
    Just to clarify, did you try manually resetting the defence while on the normal curingset? I assume you also installed the Jester Svof instead of the Runewarden one (just to make sure)?
  • edited December 2017
    Everyone's off plane due to the event so I'm getting no response on svof clan, but..
    https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/IxXrJ77f
    Anyone able to help me fix this? Svof's appending "none" at the end of a lot of commands, I tried reinstalling svof and restarting mudlet, neither fixed it. Am on svof 33 and mudlet 3.5.

ETA: More info.. is doing it for all minerals, mounting, and lighting pipes, from what I can tell. Maybe more, but going through and manually "outr <mineral>|eat <mineral>" is annoying and I can't be bothered to do that for every mineral def. My DW defs are loading fine.
  • Sobriquet suggested searching for "none", only found the "last command entered" variable trying to do things with "none" at the end. I haven't created any new scripts or whatever recently, so no idea why this started.
  • Maybe you added an in-game alias for this. What svo shows is what it sends
  • I haven't added anything for a week or so, and also tried rolling back to the known-good profile, a profile from a week ago, and the oldest profile on my mudlet and it still did this.
  • That's what I mean, it could be an in-game change then?
  • edited December 2017
    Unless you updated svof right before it happened, it seems unlikely it's an issue with svof. I think svof creates some in-game aliases (e.g. multicmd); I don't know if they're used for the outrifting, but it could be an issue with the alias system.
  • I'll check in game alias list when I'm home from work.
  • Solnir said:
    I'll check in game alias list when I'm home from work.

I took a look as I was having the same issue this morning.  Here was my solution.

You currently have no separator set. Use CONFIG SEPARATOR <separator> to set one.
    config commandseparator |
    Your command separator is now: |

For those curious, and thanks to Vadi for the tip that SVO sends what it says.

(outr magnesium|eat magnesium)
    You have no magnesiumnone stored in the Rift.
    (svof): Don't have magnesium, will try bloodroot next time.

I just tried the command SVO was sending it and tanked, and then looked at it and realized that the pipe was probably not working correctly. 

Cheers

• Ozmatiah for the win! Thank you!
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Elemental Lord update plz.
    Svof spazzing hard.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Kyrra said:
    Elemental Lord update plz.
    Svof spazzing hard.
    Was easy to add to wundersys. :3

Glory be to wsys. Amen.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    I still miss Nemutaur.

Klendathu’s helping me patch something together to stop the onslaught of runic defenses that doesn’t require me to manually toggle stuff on and off.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• How do we make a new class in SVO like dragon but for Elemental Lord? @Vadimuses

• Look up how dragon is done!
  • That is the problem. I can't find any documentation in mudlet or elsewhere that show how dragon is done...
  • Using something like Sublime Text you can search for dragon and see everywhere it's used and copy that around
  • After talking to a few individuals yesterday (including Keneanung) there seems to be a lack of people that still play to update this community sourced curing system. How many people are actually have the ability and time to update this system? With the new Elemental Lord update, it seems vital we get those updates (and fix some outstanding bugs) into production. I wish I could be more helpful from the coding side (and I'm currently trying to look at the low effort bugs to see if I can help fix), but I'm just simply not a coder. I would be able to contribute to a pool of credits to the individual(s) who contribute to updating the system so they are actually getting benefit out of it. Any interested parties in either donating to a pool or stepping up and taking on updating?
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    If it were all coded within Mudlet, I'd be happier to work on it, but it's a whole series of external files. I just code up extra bits I need separate to Svof :(

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    I am in the same boat as Klen. If it was all incorporated into Mudlet I'd be happy to help as much as my capacity as messy coder allowed.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• It wouldn't be an issue to change things if you could access the inner bits in mudlet.

Unfortunately you can't. Vadi did mention something about changing that a while back. 

• I'll be holding you guys to the word
  • VeldrinVeldrin Denmark
    edited January 2018
    for water lord if you open the svo file in notepad++ (it's in the .config/mudlet/profiles/<name of your profile> folder for windows) 

search for -- Dragoncraft: everyone gets it, then you can add this in after that block

<div>-- Elemental Lord
    <br></div><div>defs_data:set("ElementalLord", { type = "Elemental",</div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp; offline_defence = true,</div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp; invisibledef = true,</div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp; stays_on_death = true,</div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp; on = {"With a cursory thought, you still your clamorous heart and arise whole, gazing out from within your titanic waters. All around you, above and below, life surges. Every pulse and beat, you feel as your own. By the will of Sllshya, Water is yours to command!","Your elemental might has already overtaken your form."},</div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp; off = "Primal water abandons you, your flawed physicality reasserting itself once more as you forsake your primordial form." })</div><div>&nbsp; defs_data:set("cohesion", { type = "Elemental",</div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp; specialskip = function() return not defc.ElementalLord end,</div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp; def = "You have altered the cohesion of your form.",</div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp; on = {"You alter the cohesion of your fluid form.", "You have already altered the cohesiveness of your form."}})</div>

then search for defences.lost("dragonarmour") and after the 
    <div>&nbsp; &nbsp; oncompleted = function()</div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; defences.lost("dragonarmour")</div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; end</div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp; }</div><div>&nbsp; },

</div>
    bit you insert

<div>cohesion = {</div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp; physical = {</div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; balanceful_act = true,</div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; aspriority = 0,</div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; spriority = 0,</div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; def = true,</div><div><br></div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; isadvisable = function ()</div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; return (((sys.deffing and defdefup[defs.mode].cohesion and not defc.cohesion) or (conf.keepup and defkeepup[defs.mode].cohesion and not defc.cohesion)) and not codepaste.balanceful_defs_codepaste() and defc.ElementalLord) or false</div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; end,</div><div><br></div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; oncompleted = function ()</div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; defences.got("cohesion")</div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; end,</div><div><br></div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; action = "manifest cohesion",</div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; onstart = function ()</div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; send("manifest cohesion", conf.commandecho)</div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; end</div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp; },</div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp; gone = {</div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; oncompleted = function()</div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; defences.lost("cohesion")</div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; end</div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp; }</div><div>&nbsp; }</div>
    after that find me.skills and insert after your class skills 

</code>&nbsp; Elemental = true</pre><br><br>mine looks like this due to also being an alchemist<br><br><div></div><pre class="CodeBlock"><code><div>me.skills = {</div><div>&nbsp; elementalism = true,</div><div>&nbsp; crystalism = true,</div><div>&nbsp; artificing = true,</div><div>&nbsp; physiology = true,</div><div>&nbsp; transmutation = true,</div><div>&nbsp; alchemy = true,</div><div>&nbsp; Elemental = true</div><div>}</div>

I also got in mudlet itself a script that does

if gmcp.Char.Status.race == "Elemental Lord" then svo.defc.ElementalLord&nbsp; = true else svo.defc.ElementalLord&nbsp; = false end

That'll make you able to add 'cohesion' to a defup method and have it show in DEF (along with Elemental Lord as Dragons do), it's not as fancy as the Dragon one cause I haven't entirely figured out how that was done yet :tongue:

It also doesn't do squat for curing, it just makes you able to def up easier via vdefs <mode>

• I'm creating a testing todo list. This is where I'll need people to help - haven't got the time to test it all extensively: https://github.com/svof/svof/pull/329

Also need people who are interested in maintaining / growing the system to join https://github.com/orgs/svof/people @Klendathu @Cooper @Veldrin @Shirszae. Messy coders welcome

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    DM'd you on Discord :)

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Great, invited.

Progress so far - after many hours, all of the preprocessing is gone. This is an important step in making the system importable into Mudlet for editing. Incidentally, it also makes the code easier to work with. The testing list has grown to be huge though - I will not have time for this, will need volunteers.
  • I will test whatever I can.
  • System moved into Mudlet, seems to be working OK at a glance. As a side-effect of the move, it'll automatically detect class changes and reload without needing any restarts or reinstalls.

There is no elemental support, you guys will need to add that in. Submit your changes to https://github.com/svof/svof/ so they'll stay through updates & everyone can benefit.

There will be a beta this Sunday CET morning - this is a ton of stuff to test: https://github.com/svof/svof/pull/329