Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Svof

12930313234

Comments

  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, NorwayMember Posts: 5,378 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    yes. As soon as i fix this damned diag loop, or until Vadi or DK just fix it because they are smarter than me

    -

    One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

    As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • AccipiterAccipiter Member Posts: 800 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Does anyone know why it tries to sip frost and do something else hidden when I first connect in serpent which makes the login fail? Hitting reconnect doesn't have the same problem.
  • WessuxWessux ChattanoogaMember Posts: 517 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    I cannot fathom the meaning of "showselfclasswho".  This keeps popping up and I have no idea what the hell it is.

    Also lifevision doesn't seem to work in the vdefup, vkeepup, or def list.




    Invest in a 9mm retirement plan.
  • MinifieMinifie Member Posts: 3,209 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Wessux said:
    I cannot fathom the meaning of "showselfclasswho".  This keeps popping up and I have no idea what the hell it is.

    Also lifevision doesn't seem to work in the vdefup, vkeepup, or def list.




    you have to set your command separator within SVOF, so I think it is "vconfig separator (or commandseparator) <separator>", that should fix it IIRC.
    MishgulJovoloWessux
  • WessuxWessux ChattanoogaMember Posts: 517 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    "torntendons (1)"

    "clumsiness"

    Narrowing your gaze upon Ilmakiur, you take stock of his current injuries.
    He does not seem to be parrying anything.
    Channeling the fury of battle, you prepare to unleash a brutally swift stroke against your foe.
    Taking hold of a Dawnrender bastard sword with a firm two-handed grip, you hew savagely at
    Ilmakiur's left leg.
    The attack rebounds back onto you!***MISSED***
    As the blade bites into your lower left leg, it traces a line of agonising pain.
    You gasp as your fine-tuned reflexes disappear into a haze of confusion. (0.215s)
    Failed to connect.

    Everytime I get an affliction is pops big like that in the top. I can't find a setting in config or vconfig. Any ideas, how to make it go away?


    Invest in a 9mm retirement plan.
  • CailinCailin Member Posts: 359 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Minifie said:
    Wessux said:
    I cannot fathom the meaning of "showselfclasswho".  This keeps popping up and I have no idea what the hell it is.

    Also lifevision doesn't seem to work in the vdefup, vkeepup, or def list.




    you have to set your command separator within SVOF, so I think it is "vconfig separator (or commandseparator) <separator>", that should fix it IIRC.
    I'm not sure, but I think you may have to re-config your Nexus command separator too (or instead?) with the config command
  • JovoloJovolo Member Posts: 3,339 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited August 2019
    Wessux said:
    "torntendons (1)"

    "clumsiness"

    Narrowing your gaze upon Ilmakiur, you take stock of his current injuries.
    He does not seem to be parrying anything.
    Channeling the fury of battle, you prepare to unleash a brutally swift stroke against your foe.
    Taking hold of a Dawnrender bastard sword with a firm two-handed grip, you hew savagely at
    Ilmakiur's left leg.
    The attack rebounds back onto you!***MISSED***
    As the blade bites into your lower left leg, it traces a line of agonising pain.
    You gasp as your fine-tuned reflexes disappear into a haze of confusion. (0.215s)
    Failed to connect.

    Everytime I get an affliction is pops big like that in the top. I can't find a setting in config or vconfig. Any ideas, how to make it go away?


    I don't recognise anything like that from Svo, it looks like a test script if anything? Maybe something running an echo or display with an affliction variable on svo got aff event. Maybe search against that event? 
    Wessux
  • WessuxWessux ChattanoogaMember Posts: 517 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Jovolo said:
    Wessux said:
    "torntendons (1)"

    "clumsiness"

    Narrowing your gaze upon Ilmakiur, you take stock of his current injuries.
    He does not seem to be parrying anything.
    Channeling the fury of battle, you prepare to unleash a brutally swift stroke against your foe.
    Taking hold of a Dawnrender bastard sword with a firm two-handed grip, you hew savagely at
    Ilmakiur's left leg.
    The attack rebounds back onto you!***MISSED***
    As the blade bites into your lower left leg, it traces a line of agonising pain.
    You gasp as your fine-tuned reflexes disappear into a haze of confusion. (0.215s)
    Failed to connect.

    Everytime I get an affliction is pops big like that in the top. I can't find a setting in config or vconfig. Any ideas, how to make it go away?


    I don't recognise anything like that from Svo, it looks like a test script if anything? Maybe something running an echo or display with an affliction variable on svo got aff event. Maybe search against that event? 
    So I went digging deep and found this random script I don't remember making that echoed GMCP. SO i killed it. Thank you for the help.
    Invest in a 9mm retirement plan.
    Jovolo
  • DochithaDochitha Member Posts: 1,475 @ - Epic Achaean
    Try svof client side, it is working very well for me, despite some expectable glitches. 
  • TorinnTorinn Member Posts: 1,350 @ - Epic Achaean
    Hey guys, I've been using clientside for a few sessions and it seems pretty great.  For some reason though, whenever I connect the first time, it always says my password is incorrect.  That particular one may be a mudlet issue.  Additionally, SVO is always paused when I first start.  Also, it seems to hang up on defs sometimes when I defup into a particular defense list.  Deathsight is a popular one that it hangs on, and I'm not sure why.  It's awesome though guys great work!
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • DragonknightDragonknight MhaldorMember Posts: 286 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Torinn said:
    Hey guys, I've been using clientside for a few sessions and it seems pretty great. 

    For some reason though, whenever I connect the first time, it always says my password is incorrect.  That particular one may be a mudlet issue. 

    Try double checking the saved User/Pass in the profile selection screen, if that is wrong it would explain it. If that isn't it, then it is possible it is somehow sending something to the mud before you log in and interrupting the login process.

    Additionally, SVO is always paused when I first start.  Also, it seems to hang up on defs sometimes when I defup into a particular defense list.  Deathsight is a popular one that it hangs on, and I'm not sure why.

    This would require a little more information, are you certain you're using the most recent version of clientside. More specifically, the one where we fixed the hang ups on deffing after class switching (and dragonforming)?

    It's awesome though guys great work!

    We appreciate it.

    Mishgul
  • TorinnTorinn Member Posts: 1,350 @ - Epic Achaean
    edited August 2019
    I have verified the saved username and password were correct because I noticed this odd behavior.  It does it every time I attempt to connect initially, but once it fails the first time if I connect again it'll work oddly enough.

    I got the versoin from https://github.com/svof/svof/tree/in-client-svof on the 22nd.  Seeing what it says at the top of mudlet at the start, it is version 33.4
    It doesn't seem to matter if I class switch, what it does is gets hung up on deffing the first time.  After that it seems to work fine if I switch def modes, switch classes, dragonform, etc.  It's weird behavior.

    Edit: Except it worked just fine today.  No idea dudes.
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • TorinnTorinn Member Posts: 1,350 @ - Epic Achaean
    It seems sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.  Deathsight is the one it hitches on.  Additionally, when lesserforming from dragon to priest it kept putting up benediction for some reason.  Hmm!!
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • JovoloJovolo Member Posts: 3,339 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    I'm having a few issues that I wanted to run past you guys and see if you had any solutions?

    So firstly I have this code to call my own echoes on afflictions and defences: 
    https://pastebin.com/9d7Ck8dt

    Sometimes one of the echoes will be called and I'm not entirely sure why. For example when I check my defences, a few prompts further I will get an echo for starburst? 

    5098h|(96%) 4449m|(94%) 21367e 17466w ex|cdbk- (e|n|s)-[21:32:16.872]
    [Guardian]: Starburst Gained!+
    You swing a simple, lightweight scimitar at a mhun labourer with all your might.
    You have scored a CRITICAL hit!
    A mhun demolitionist springs to a mhun labourer's defence.
    A mhun miner springs to a mhun labourer's defence.
    You slash into a mhun labourer with a spiked, etched scimitar.
    You have scored a CRITICAL hit!
    5098h|(96%) 4449m|(94%) 21353e 17466w e|cdbk- (e|n|s)-[21:32:17.357]

    I also have problems with svo constantly echoing back and forth between me having and not having balanceless vaulting. Can anyone shed some light on how to prevent this happening every time I vault?

    5271h|(100%) 3792m|(80%) 22418e 16959w ex|cdbk- (e|w)-[21:21:17.437]
    (vault 490982) *
    You stand up.
    [Guardian]: Prone Cured!-
    5271h|(100%) 3792m|(80%) 22418e 16959w ex|cdbk- (e|w)-[21:21:17.615]
    You easily vault onto the back of a massive dire wolf.
    [Guardian]: Riding Gained!+
    (svof): Do have balanceless vaulting.
    Issuing a tiny grunt, a mhun miner gouges into your arm with his mining pick.
    4725h|(89%) 4449m|(94%) 21353e 17466w e|cdbk- (e|n|s)-[21:32:17.743](-373h, 7.1%) 

    *also curious if there's a way to stop svo sending commands in a new line after my prompt, so it instead would look like this in an ideal world: 

    5271h|(100%) 3792m|(80%) 22418e 16959w ex|cdbk- (e|w)-[21:21:17.437] (vault 490982) 
    You stand up.
    [Guardian]: Prone Cured!-
    5271h|(100%) 3792m|(80%) 22418e 16959w ex|cdbk- (e|w)-[21:21:17.615]
    You easily vault onto the back of a massive dire wolf.
    [Guardian]: Riding Gained!+
    (svof): Do have balanceless vaulting.
    Issuing a tiny grunt, a mhun miner gouges into your arm with his mining pick.
    4725h|(89%) 4449m|(94%) 21353e 17466w e|cdbk- (e|n|s)-[21:32:17.743](-373h, 7.1%) 

    I know there's a bunch of questions in there. Any and all help is appreciated.
  • AntoniusAntonius Member Posts: 5,040 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    The balanceless vaulting thing will be due to using other abilities that take balance in addition to vaulting using command separator and/or queueing. The use of balance makes it think you don't have balanceless vault. If you then vault by itself (not using balance) it will think you do again.
  • JovoloJovolo Member Posts: 3,339 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Any way to stop it echoing every time I vault though, or no solution atm?
  • CaelanCaelan Member Posts: 2,810 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited August 2019

    Torinn said:
    It seems sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.  Deathsight is the one it hitches on.  Additionally, when lesserforming from dragon to priest it kept putting up benediction for some reason.  Hmm!!
    I wonder if it has something to do with them changing the balance/eq requirements for putting deathsight up (iirc... could be way off but I seem to remember having to change it on my homemade defup lists).

    Truax
  • DragonknightDragonknight MhaldorMember Posts: 286 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    edited August 2019
    Caelan said:
    Torinn said:
    It seems sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.  Deathsight is the one it hitches on.  Additionally, when lesserforming from dragon to priest it kept putting up benediction for some reason.  Hmm!!
    I wonder if it has something to do with them changing the balance/eq requirements for putting deathsight up (iirc... could be way off but I seem to remember having to change it on my homemade defup lists).
    Just checked the in-client svof. Deathsight is balanceless in the dictionary. That is an issue. Not sure if it is the cause, though.

    Edit: Then I checked in game, it is balanceless. What kinda game you playin' at, @Caelan?
  • DragonknightDragonknight MhaldorMember Posts: 286 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Jovolo said:
    Any way to stop it echoing every time I vault though, or no solution atm?
    You can search for ( assuming your in the in-client one): 

    svo.config.set('freevault', 'yep', true)
    svo.config.set('freevault', 'nope', true)

    and change the trues to falses and it won't do it anymore.
  • CaelanCaelan Member Posts: 2,810 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Caelan said:
    Torinn said:
    It seems sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.  Deathsight is the one it hitches on.  Additionally, when lesserforming from dragon to priest it kept putting up benediction for some reason.  Hmm!!
    I wonder if it has something to do with them changing the balance/eq requirements for putting deathsight up (iirc... could be way off but I seem to remember having to change it on my homemade defup lists).
    Just checked the in-client svof. Deathsight is balanceless in the dictionary. That is an issue. Not sure if it is the cause, though.

    Edit: Then I checked in game, it is balanceless. What kinda game you playin' at, @Caelan?
    I don't use svo but remember when they changed it, mine hung on deathsight.  Took until I read the announce to figure it out. 

  • HolsteinHolstein Member Posts: 115 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Hey so I keep running into an issue where the NDB quits working right. It still highlights all known names but QW doesn't check new people, and QWC doesn't do anything but give me the regular QW list. Then all of a sudden it will work for a few minutes then stop working again. I'm not getting any errors in the debugger, anyone else have this happen?
    (Holocaust Inc): Taryius says, "Waait *hic* .. Quaff drInks *hic*  everything in a bott *hic* lee, I tHouGhf It was just 5
    sipSh.."
    Ismay
  • IsmayIsmay Member Posts: 806 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Yes exactly. That is the very same problem I'm having and it's driving me insane, haha.
    Give us -real- shop logs! Not another misinterpretation of features we ask for, turned into something that either doesn't help at all, or doesn't remotely resemble what we wanted to begin with.

    Thanks!

    Current position of some of the playerbase, instead of expressing a desire to fix problems:

    Vhaynna: "Honest question - if you don't like Achaea or the current admin, why do you even bother playing?"


  • DominiusDominius Member Posts: 180 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Hello,

    I tried installing the in client beta of SVOF and it totally bombed everything. I was strict in following the installation steps and svof no longer loads, giving me multiple red lines saying it did not install and that my mudlet was too old. I am running Mudlet 4.1.0, latest version on Lubuntu. @Kriex said he might have an idea, anyone else? Thanks in advance!
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, NorwayMember Posts: 5,378 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Damnit mudlet. I will write a fix and post it here in a few hours if no one else has. Just wandering in town

    -

    One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

    As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, NorwayMember Posts: 5,378 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    @Dominius

    try searching for mudletOlderThan(3,2) and change it to mudletOlderThan(4,0) in the scripts that it is in

    -

    One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

    As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • DominiusDominius Member Posts: 180 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    tried it, no change. It just got back to 3,2 once restarting Mudlet too, even though I save it. Same issue still.
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, NorwayMember Posts: 5,378 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    tried uninstalling you rmudlet entirely then reinstalling your mudlet

    -

    One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

    As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • CaelanCaelan Member Posts: 2,810 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Mishgul said:
    tried uninstalling you rmudlet entirely then reinstalling your mudlet


    Mishgul
  • DominiusDominius Member Posts: 180 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    tried that. only thing that changes is that I keep having to reinstall all my old settings. a real bother. is there a way to fix blackout in older versions? them squids are giving me a hard time
  • CooperCooper Member Posts: 5,812 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Type "tn ss" and then Achaea will cure for you. Errors will still pop up, but doesn't matter for bashing.

Sign In to Comment.