Battlerage

Comments

• Sarapis said:
    Gotta be honest...the fact that there is any real discussion at all about bashing tactics makes me happy.

Assuming that was the goal behind the changes, then you definitely succeeded.

There are lots of dynamics to take into account now. How much damage the mob does, how often it does its' big attack, how often they move, what class you're hunting with. Should I afflict now or damage now? My health is 45%, but I've got him at 10%. Stay and kill or leave and heal?

I like it.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • @Sarapis, are there any short term plans for Battlerage artefacts? Need some new toys to spend this 150 credit refund on, after all.

Paladin Battlerage is pretty fun, and I haven't found needing to build rage for things like Regeneration to be a problem. I know when I'm going to be fighting the big groups and will need Regeneration to be available, so I can slow down my rage usage in the fights before so that I'm definitely going to have it available, as well as possibly building a surplus of rage for a high damage burst on the first denizen in a group. I may be killing the smaller groups/single denizens just ahead of them a bit more slowly than I otherwise could, but I'm drastically reducing the amount of hit and run I have to do on the larger groups, so at worst I'm probably breaking even and at best I'm coming out ahead.

The shield change is really nice too. I can switch to a battleaxe for razeslash when they shield, then switch back to scimitar doubleslashes without having to worry about them shielding again usually.

• Antonius said:
    @Sarapis, are there any short term plans for Battlerage artefacts? Need some new toys to spend this 150 credit refund on, after all.

Paladin Battlerage is pretty fun, and I haven't found needing to build rage for things like Regeneration to be a problem. I know when I'm going to be fighting the big groups and will need Regeneration to be available, so I can slow down my rage usage in the fights before so that I'm definitely going to have it available, as well as possibly building a surplus of rage for a high damage burst on the first denizen in a group. I may be killing the smaller groups/single denizens just ahead of them a bit more slowly than I otherwise could, but I'm drastically reducing the amount of hit and run I have to do on the larger groups, so at worst I'm probably breaking even and at best I'm coming out ahead.

The shield change is really nice too. I can switch to a battleaxe for razeslash when they shield, then switch back to scimitar doubleslashes without having to worry about them shielding again usually.

I'm not sure a battlerage arty would be such a good idea. With XP and gold increased, and the ability to attack more, pendants are really useful right now. If you combined pendants with battlerage things, you'd have some really insane hunters.

If anything, I'd give battlerage buffs to druid/alchemist as a tuning thing
    Replies the scorpion: "It's my nature..."
  • I'm torn on whether or not the DoTs are worth using (in black dragon) or if I should just use a color with two straight up damagers. Crit chance on the DoT is nice, especially with sensi, though.

• Gold dragon psiblast is ridiculously handy. I wouldn't use a dot over it. It's roughly the same as a gut, I think. I think big dot crits add up to a gut, but I don't think you're as likely to get back to back WSCs on a dot as you are to get a WSC on a psiblast. It helps that gold dragon's secondaries are really good - deaden and psidaze are both defensive, and help keep deathknights from attacking when you're soloing, so they don't heal 6 times in a row during a crit drought.

i'm a rebel

• Tesha said:
    Gold dragon psiblast is ridiculously handy. I wouldn't use a dot over it. It's roughly the same as a gut, I think. I think big dot crits add up to a gut, but I don't think you're as likely to get back to back WSCs on a dot as you are to get a WSC on a psiblast. It helps that gold dragon's secondaries are really good - deaden and psidaze are both defensive, and help keep deathknights from attacking when you're soloing, so they don't heal 6 times in a row during a crit drought.
    Psiblast is significantly more than a gut (a little more than 3x its damage, I think?), while Overwhelm is noticeably less (about 1/2 the damage, perhaps). I haven't really been paying a huge amount of attention to it, but I did notice that. Psistorm is a bit less than Overwhelm normally, but seems to swing up to maybe a bit higher than Psiblast if you have the right affliction on the mob.

And yeah, the afflictions on Gold are really good. I'd probably say it or Blue are the two best bashing colours.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    edited May 2015
    Charm so good...
    An undead minion leaps up and strikes Dakk, leader of the Migri in the torso, causing him to fall to the ground.
    Dakk vs minion (yes it's spammy, it's in debug mode whilst I test battlerage gui events)

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Antonius said:
    @Sarapis, are there any short term plans for Battlerage artefacts? Need some new toys to spend this 150 credit refund on, after all.

No plans currently, nope!
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    @Sarapis how about raising the essence required to raise/drop shrines with a rough average value with which the essence value of mobs was raised?
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Sarapis said:
    Nope, I have another solution in mind for shrines.
    Delete all the things!

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • I like the new hunting stuff

• Hmm, thinking of the charm would a racial battlerage ability be something to consider? In theory dragons have overwhelm.
    Only Sarapis manages to make vague announcements sound scary and exciting at the same time.

• Tharvis said:
    Only Sarapis manages to make vague announcements sound scary and exciting at the same time.
    Don't get too excited. It's not a shrine overhaul or anything approaching that.
  • Multiclass: solution to all problems. Battlerage affliction combos weird? Multiclass. Shrine conflict suck? Multiclass. You want to play one class but keep the class you have? Multiclass. That one guy that had a J in his name that you can't remember the rest of made a snarky remark to you three RL years ago and  you just now thought of an awesome comeback? Multiclass.
  • I love Black dragon. Sensitivity for a 33% boost, an affliction that Infernals, my most common hunting partners, can use and awesome flavour on the two damage attacks.

• edited May 2015
    Daeir said:
    I think I'd cry with tears of joy if they refunded pass class changes for multiclass. I'd probably have like 4000 credits or something.
    I'm not a pro, but I think that'd be difficult to do. They'd need to have tracked all class drops/gains and also how many lessons were invested into each class skill per class. As an example: they'd have to know if you didn't learn forging as a knight, et cetera. I don't know if they keep that stuff on record.

Also Mizik next Ottis.
  • Uhh... isn't "Noogie" already an emote? What if I just wanted to give a denizen a friendly noogie, only to completely turn them to dust with it?
    tyvm 2 bill gates & the gamecube paint 4 my profile pic
    EMOTE gives $thing a friendly noogie.

• Black dragon feels a bit iffy to me. The DoT is...okay if it crits heavily, but worthless if it does not. Even on stuff like zombies in lower Azdun mine was doing less than 1% damage per tick.

I had the idea of making bigger crits now, too. 2x/4x/8x/16x/32x/64x/128x. That would be fun. I really miss WSC being an auto one shot of anything in dform.

• See the latest announce post (#4355) for relevant details regarding tracking Battlerage using the html5 client. The Rage abilities, when assigned to the fkeys, will light up when the the ability can be used, and your Rage is displayed by default in the new 'you' window.
  • AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    Tibitha said:
    Tesha said:
    Does using an ability that gets buffed by the presence of an affliction consume the affliction?
    Yup! I've tested this.
    I've heard this confirmed by multiple people, but I still see this:

You must regain balance first.
      H:4854, M:4359, ecdbk- 1%    0 ( 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0,)
    Tahquil psychically slams her mind into a practice dummy's, deadening a practice dummy's reactions.
    You have recovered balance on all limbs. (2.244s)
      H:4854, M:4359, excdbk- 1%    0 ( 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0,) doublewhirl Dummy
    You whip a balanced morning star toward a practice dummy.
    You have scored a CRUSHING CRITICAL hit!
    You whip a balanced morning star toward a practice dummy.
    [Rage]: +5.4. Total: 26.4 Now Available: Etch
      H:4854, M:4359, ecdbk- 1%    0 ( 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0,) doublewhirl Dummy
    You must regain balance first.
      H:4854, M:4359, ecdbk- 1%    0 ( 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0,) etch rune at Dummy
    You trace the outline of a rune in the air with a balanced morning star. The edges catch fire as it
    hurtles towards a practice dummy and he is unable to dodge the explosive blast.
    You have recovered balance on all limbs. (2.457s)
      H:4854, M:4359, excdbk- 1%    0 ( 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0,)
    You can use another Battlerage ability again, but none of your abilities are currently available.
      H:4854, M:4359, excdbk- 1%    0 ( 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0,)
    A practice dummy returns to normal speed as he throws off a mental intrusion.

So is the affliction actually removed, and it's just a bug that we see it wear off anyway?

-- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
    looks like a bug, if the admin have said it's consumed by those attacks

• Have they said that? I can only recall players saying that from their testing they were consumed, but that doesn't mean it's intended.
    @Antonius said:
    Have they said that? I can only recall players saying that from their testing they were consumed, but that doesn't mean it's intended.

Sarapis said:
    Tael said:
    There's absolutely a point.

Consume the affliction just before it goes away. Consuming a stun as soon as it goes on is a waste. Consuming a stun after 3.9 seconds means you got almost all of the utility of the stun and the extra damage.

Using the consume abilities just requires slightly more coordination than people assumed when they first saw them. They're absolutely still useful.
    Yeah, that's the idea. It adds another layer of efficiency that's possible for groups.

unless I misinterpreted his reply

• Ah, I either missed that post or forgot about reading it.
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    edited May 2015
    Aerek said:
    Tibitha said:
    Tesha said:
    Does using an ability that gets buffed by the presence of an affliction consume the affliction?
    Yup! I've tested this.
    I've heard this confirmed by multiple people, but I still see this:
    A practice dummy returns to normal speed as he throws off a mental intrusion.

So is the affliction actually removed, and it's just a bug that we see it wear off anyway?

Yeah, I was equally confused to see the wear-off messages on practice dummies after "affliction-consuming" attacks are used, while reading @Sarapis basically confirm that affliction consumption does happen.

Is this just a result of practice dummy mechanics (i.e., they aren't really damaged by attacks)? Do all other "normal" denizens not present wear-off messages after an affliction-consuming attack is used?