What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• Driden said:

I will now spend all of my time making sure you and I never have cause to ever fight. mwahahahahahahahahahah!
    Wouldn't be opposed ;)

Caelan said:

[ ] Kill Caelan in Thera ? :D:D 
    Too soon, man- Also, I'm adding:

[x] Defeated Riell

'cause she totally left us for mhaldor

The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."
  • edited November 2018
    Ygia said:
    Done this game month: Got to level 93 and did some RP-sided goal stuff I've wanted to do for a while. Got a step closer to more goals too, both rp-sided and gameplay-sided. Got my nice custom cloak all spruced up and fancy.

Starting to get relatively happy with where I am as both a character and player, but got a long-ass way to go on both fronts. (For starters, getting to the point of being able to beat someone who isn't 20 levels below me / isn't in a raid...)

Never was a fan of PVP in Achaea whatsoever, but it's such a necessary part of maintaining order that it becomes irrevocably bonded with later stages of RP-heavy houses and clans. As long as I can beat a level 70 player in a fair fight by level 95, I'll at least feel comfortable enough to just go 'meh' and continue on my merry way with my later goals that aren't gameplay-oriented.

though accessing a lot of the neater RP stuff tends to lean on you being badass in combat too which, heck.
    Also, levels really don't have much to do with combat anymore. There's a lot of retirees floating around and sometimes you got people who've been fighting PVP since they were lvl 70. If you're not into it, I would just not worry about it. Enjoy what you do that makes you like the game!
    The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."
  • Khel said:
    Ismay said:
    Led my first ever group fight, and failed spectacularly, twice.

Hail, Mhaldor!
    Oh it was YOU calling me first. >:[

I thought Waayen was leading so I was trying to kill him first.

Good fights for sure, I got out at 13 hp once and had some extra backup show up unexpectedly or it would have been a lot closer. Like I said to a few people IC too, the numbers definitely didn't tell the story. Between the lag and chaos of our groups getting split all over, it felt pretty close the whole time and I had a blast. Thanks for showing!
    If I have my way about it, we'll always show up. We may not provide much interesting fighting, but we'll be there!
    Give us -real- shop logs! Not another misinterpretation of features we ask for, turned into something that either doesn't help at all, or doesn't remotely resemble what we wanted to begin with.

Thanks!

Current position of some of the playerbase, instead of expressing a desire to fix problems:

Vhaynna: "Honest question - if you don't like Achaea or the current admin, why do you even bother playing?"

• @Rangor is such a griefer! Was attempting to write a harvesting script based on one of his scripts, by changing around some of the variables and such. Damn thing literally made me heartstop! How is that even possible... 
    Give us -real- shop logs! Not another misinterpretation of features we ask for, turned into something that either doesn't help at all, or doesn't remotely resemble what we wanted to begin with.

Thanks!

Current position of some of the playerbase, instead of expressing a desire to fix problems:

Vhaynna: "Honest question - if you don't like Achaea or the current admin, why do you even bother playing?"

• Talamond always classy
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • Ismay said:
    @Rangor is such a griefer! Was attempting to write a harvesting script based on one of his scripts, by changing around some of the variables and such. Damn thing literally made me heartstop! How is that even possible... 
    A few people do that on their systems, they use a verification by looking for a name. "Ismay", "Vika", "Etc"
    And if the name doesnt line up with GMCP then it heartstops you.

Just search up heartstop and backtrack the line to see where to edit it out.
  • That is... really crappy of someone to do on something that is given to others.

• why would you alias that how often are you using it lol
  • Yeah, bad decision. I was just going through ab files and aliasing everything when I first started.

Thanks!

• my aliasing strategy is to alias it after I have to actually use it more than once, which also means I have to manually type in things mid combat sometimes but it's a small cost to pay for not spending effort making extra aliases
  • edited November 2018
    Vika said:
    Ismay said:
    @Rangor is such a griefer! Was attempting to write a harvesting script based on one of his scripts, by changing around some of the variables and such. Damn thing literally made me heartstop! How is that even possible... 
    A few people do that on their systems, they use a verification by looking for a name. "Ismay", "Vika", "Etc"
    And if the name doesnt line up with GMCP then it heartstops you.

Just search up heartstop and backtrack the line to see where to edit it out.
    I don't think Ismay was even a character back when this script was put together... it's literally hundreds of years old! It must be the frustrations of trying to figure out my old terrible coding that causes the heart to stop. 
  • The luck gods smiled at me in the wrong way. All I need now to complete islandwings is a right piece after the straps I refined, and I've had people help me rip through refines so I don't have to wait for the cooldown so much....

Minifie tells you, "Fuck, damn it."

Minifie has traded the level 1 piece 'the left wing of a scintillating pair of cascading wings' to you.

SO CLOSE YET SO FAR

• edited November 2018
    Trey said:
    The luck gods smiled at me in the wrong way. All I need now to complete islandwings is a right piece after the straps I refined, and I've had people help me rip through refines so I don't have to wait for the cooldown so much....

Minifie tells you, "Fuck, damn it."

Minifie has traded the level 1 piece 'the left wing of a scintillating pair of cascading wings' to you.

SO CLOSE YET SO FAR
    There goes Minifie's reputation as a refined lady :D

In b4 "Lol she never was".
  • Cooper said:
    The pieces come together, forming into a cloak of the Blood Maiden.

I decided not to buy one of those for fear of breaking the game. :(
  • I bought it so you couldn't have it. 

• Are you getting married now

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Went somewhere I shouldn't, off the back of someone else's effort, which lead to a little unexpected denizen interaction :)

An elegant sitting room. (indoors)
    You say to Magistrate Gaulth in a gravelly, reptilian voice, "Much obliged.".
    Two blue velvet sofas flank a finely crafted coffee table covered with a white lace doily and set with a fluted vase bursting with fragrant mountain flowers. A stiff-backed armchair of similar design provides a pleasant view from the large picture window overlooking a small corner courtyard in the Imperial Gardens. A diversion from the profusion of heavy tomes that doubtless crowds the offices and libraries of the rest of the building, a small collection of light reading materials fills the bookshelves. Aged sketch pads, yellowing songbooks, and poetry scrawled in a flowing hand lie beneath a pair of watercolour landscapes on the southern wall, and wooden benches provide additional seating nearby. An abundance of large potted trees and ivy plants scattered about the room give it a wide, airy feel. A runic totem is planted solidly in the ground. The portly figure of Magistrate 
    Gaulth reclines comfortably in a lavishly upholstered armchair. This spectral mule is hunched, throwing his weight forward to ever pull an invisible cart. [REDACTED] is here, hidden. His features are obscured by an eerie featureless mask with slitted eyes beneath the raised hood of a hooded black cloak. He wields Thoth's fang in his left hand and a Shield of Absorption in his right.
    You see a single exit leading east.

Wearing the official robes of his station, Magistrate Gaulth presents an impressive figure. He is a tall man, with a thick, well-kept beard and dark curly hair framing a rather red face. His eyes are stony grey and seem to peer into your very soul.
    Magistrate Gaulth is quite powerful.
    He has 100% health remaining.
    He weighs about 170 pounds.
    He is loyal to The City of Cyrene.
    You see nothing in it.
    Magistrate Gaulth has not felt the embrace of Death for many months.

You smile and say in a gravelly, reptilian voice, "If i were of the mind, I'd kill the Magistrate. However, I'm not."

[TOME]: Cyrene: 77%

You say in a gravelly, reptilian voice, "2% on the explorer ranking now."

[REDACTED] says, "I thought the same..."

You pet an Explorer's Tome very nicely.

"Niiice!" [REDACTED] says to you enthusiastically.

[REDACTED] takes a drink from an oaken vial.

Magistrate Gaulth raises an eyebrow questioningly.

Raising your hand in greeting, you say "Hello!"

[REDACTED] raises his hand in greeting to Magistrate Gaulth and says "Hi!"

Magistrate Gaulth says, "Not polite to speak of one's likely demise to their face."

[REDACTED] says to Magistrate Gaulth, "True. We are sorry."

With a flourish of his arm, [REDACTED] bows deeply.

You say to Magistrate Gaulth in a gravelly, reptilian voice, "Apologies, but we're uncouth interlopers."

Magistrate Gaulth says, "Carry on then."

"Shoo! Shoo!" Magistrate Gaulth says as he waves all those around him away.

My companion then had the bright idea of asking the Magistrate about an ongoing event in Ashtan too, kudos to him for that.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Dunn said:
    - 2018/11/17 20:48:53 - Taryius has been eliminated.
    - 2018/11/17 20:48:54 - Syndra has been eliminated.
    - 2018/11/17 20:48:54 - Jaybles has been eliminated.
    - 2018/11/17 20:48:55 - Lylith has been eliminated.
    - 2018/11/17 20:48:55 - Davok has been eliminated.
    - 2018/11/17 20:48:55 - Davok has been eliminated.
    - 2018/11/17 20:48:55 - Riell has been eliminated.
    - 2018/11/17 20:48:56 - Jaybles has been eliminated.
    - 2018/11/17 20:48:56 - Khadafi has been eliminated.
    - 2018/11/17 20:48:57 - Syndra has been eliminated.
    - 2018/11/17 20:48:57 - Taryius has been eliminated.

I actually played monk.
    :O Stick or Tek? Goals
  • Evil, evil deliverance :(
  • Syndra said:
    Evil, evil deliverance :(
    Consider it Holo-Revenge. Monk Style. 

Would have been funnier if you guys were in ret tho.