What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• Puxi said:
    We paid people from other IRE games to join us. We will be Bigdor someday!

I thought only Targ did this. Damn it.
  • Hashan did it first. 

• These things are why I love Proficy.
  • Minifie said:
                           [HOUSE LEADERSHIP]
                   Government Form: Oligarchy

Subjugator: Taryius
                          Executor: Hataru, Proficy
                            Patron: Sartan
                 Head of Newcomers: Minifie

Really stoked for the opportunity to help improve the Legates, already going full steam ahead!

j/k <3 gj
  • I feel like making things completely unreadable is not a good way of adding style. ;)
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Have Alrena's all pretty but not mine. Bias. :angry:
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Melodie said:
    Have Alrena's all pretty but not mine. Bias. :angry:

ARE YOU HAPPY NOW
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    I am here for the pretty font I could never achieve in real life.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • yass i get my long overdue screen time yassss
     <3 
  • Today was awesome, I need to have Friday's off more often, so I can hang out with what I am assuming is just the non-east coast Hashani crowd. I got to hunt cores, I designed items, I made furniture, I felt generally useful.

I am so confused on the designs though, I submitted two this month, and they were both returned quickly, but I have like 10 that were sent out earlier in the week, and last weekend. I would have figured first in first out?

• Ozmatiah said:
    Today was awesome, I need to have Friday's off more often, so I can hang out with what I am assuming is just the non-east coast Hashani crowd. I got to hunt cores, I designed items, I made furniture, I felt generally useful.

I am so confused on the designs though, I submitted two this month, and they were both returned quickly, but I have like 10 that were sent out earlier in the week, and last weekend. I would have figured first in first out?

Garbage in garbage out?

• Liked for your fun. 

Dislike I missed out on that juicy honors line! Too old to be sacred :disappointed:

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • It was, but events status yo!

That said, I do hope Targ gets an accolade or something. Like Kriex said, he just kind of was in the right spot at the right time. Would be kind of crappy to have no reward for all the work others did! @Kriex ur never allowed to leave Targ! 

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • At this point I never will. I fear if I do anything but stand still and say "Praise Earth elementals!" I might get it taken away. And I would hate to see me getting all the benefits of everyone's work. And @Nicola I am surprised no one said anything to begin with. I just sat there and was like "Ok guess I am doing this". Was fun though, and I am happy to have something of a RP background for Kriex now!!!!
  • edited December 2017
    I think only the first or unusual awakenings got accolades, but I might be wrong. Also, I'd assume Alrena "traded in" the possible honours line for the city accolade. Personally I like that the cities are getting different rewards/results.

• mhmm  

• edited December 2017
    I'm just relieved you weren't some "lolalt" or something :D  Was super fun from my perspective.
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • edited December 2017
    Atalkez said:
    It was, but events status yo!

That said, I do hope Targ gets an accolade or something. Like Kriex said, he just kind of was in the right spot at the right time. Would be kind of crappy to have no reward for all the work others did! @Kriex ur never allowed to leave Targ! 
    @Nicola

Yeah, I kind of feel screwed on this, too. I mean, it's nice that Kriex got a cool honors and everything, but let's be honest here: The city did all the work. Kriex did nothing. He just happened to be logged on at the right moment with a character who was under the Emissary's arbitrary age limit. Targossan dragons led him to the emissary and defended him from rats, then led him out of the tree, then led him to the giant, then carried him to the top of the giant.

None of that is his fault, by the way. He did a great job with this part of the event, and there was no way he could have done more. This event was actively designed in a way that made it all but impossible for a lowbie to have a meaningful contribution. Most all the work had to be done by dragons because only dragons could survive the work environment, which is why it is extremely frustrating to be learn that our brand new delivery boy gets a nice new qhonors while nobody else receives a mark of recognition.

If we're getting qhonors instead of accolades, that's fine, but everybody who contributed should get one of them. After all, the "you guys didn't do as much work" thing kind of falls flat when the guy who gets the only mark of recognition did no work at all.
  • Yeah, ngl. As much as I try not to be annoyed by this, I am totally annoyed by this.

I hate bashing, and now I'm just thinking about each time I decided to go die to elementals instead of doing something actually fun, and each time I persuaded others to go bash elementals when they didn't want to either - all because I thought Targossas would get something out of it like Mhaldor and Ashtan did - and I wish I had just not bothered from the get-go.

It'd be one thing if honours went to people who actually did the work, but essentially picking a random person who did nothing and rewarding them rubs a lot of people the wrong way.

I'm happy for Kriex, but it's a bit meh for all of us who did all the bashing and dying.