What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• Accipiter said:
    I backstabbed @Miriew and killed him, and then backstabbed a few more times until I misspelled evade and died. So I feel pretty good.
    Poor Miriew. Why's everyone hating on him?
  • Miriew's a dude?!
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• Oh god it's @Ehene all over again
  • Solnir said:
    Oh god it's @Ehene all over again
    What's wrong with her?
  • I had an extended break and came back completely forgetting what i was doing and how to do it so just went hunting.

2946h, 3906m, 14808e, 14894w excdbk 69- 10:30:54.576
    A large, prismatic Wheel of Fortune slows down to a halt, rewarding you with Experience Gain.
    2946h, 3906m, 14808e, 14894w excdbk 96- 10:30:55.773 

You are not fallen or kneeling.
    You point an elemental staff at a cyclops guard, and a stream of bile-like acid streams out, 
    covering him, who screams in agony.
    Wild looks of pain cross a cyclops guard's face as the acid eats visible holes in his skull. His 
    body convulses rigidly, and then he is dead.
    You have slain a cyclops guard, retrieving the corpse.
    Your soul cries out in ecstasy as it reaches new heights of power. You have advanced to level 79.
    You have reached the illustrious level of Metamortal.
    A small pile of sovereigns spills from the corpse.
  • https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/9AgsTusH

Doing my best Jango Fett impersonation.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Atalkez said:
    https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/9AgsTusH

You guys give out so much for a bounty.
  • Atalkez said:

Cheap raid kill! I beat you up in that duel. 
  • Chubbs said:
    Atalkez said:

You guys give out so much for a bounty.
    Eleusis gives about the same, 'cept it's in credits (1cr per 10k gold roughly)... We never have more than 2cr for bounties though :< and like 80% of our bounties have gems :<
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    this is how we convert people, join targ for the juicy bounties.
  • Morthif said:
    Atalkez said:

Cheap raid kill! I beat you up in that duel. 
    Semantics!

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Minifie said:
    Nyneve said:

You trickle the sovereigns into the horn and are granted the ability to use the Ram's Horn to project your voice across the land once, within the next two minutes.

You shout, "Sol Invictus set me on this path, Her light ever burns in me. But now is the time of the Bloodsworn, all glory be unto Them! May my path of Growth continue in Fire and Light!"

Carefully, you ignite the swirling vapour captured in a beacon of sizzling black glass. Eerie hisses resonate from its surface as inky tendrils erupt and release a putrid column of gas that seethes and rises toward the heavens.

<stuff>

Black dragon!

Praised fire and light yet chose black.

When can I expect you in Mhaldor, fellow Blackie?
    Former Dawnstrider. Light in the darkness and all that. I called dibs on black 15 rl years ago. 
  • The gold uptick was my first change during my stint as MoS. Cities are sitting on millions of gold that they largely don’t do much with. It won’t hurt anyone to pay out higher gold for your bounties.

If gold ever does get low, they also have thousands of credits to fall back on too. Targossas is a new city, you can’t tell me we are insanely more rich than anyone else, even counting the Shallam influx that we got.

• Shallam had four houses, several orders, Church gold, and was one of the oldest cities. You are definitely under estimating what Targ's wealth is. Comparing Mhaldor + houses currently to what Shallam + houses had when I was a Vizier, Shallam had 4-5 times what Mhaldor has now. The Dawnstriders alone had more than Mhaldor does.

• Targossas also didn't have revenue from house credit purchases for a very long time due to the lack of houses, though. Definitely had a huge impact.

i'm a rebel

• Atalkez said:
    insanely more rich
    Cooper said:
    Shallam had four houses, several orders, Church gold, and was one of the oldest cities. You are definitely under estimating what Targ's wealth is. Comparing Mhaldor + houses currently to what Shallam + houses had when I was a Vizier, Shallam had 4-5 times what Mhaldor has now. The Dawnstriders alone had more than Mhaldor does.
    Yes, I am aware that Targossas likely is more rich than Mhaldor/Hashan/Eleusis and MAYBE Ashtan. You can't tell me that we're so much more rich that we can afford this and you can't, though. I don't think Mhaldor skimps on bounties, though, do they?

I hear Ashtan maxes at like 2000 gold. That's just ridiculous.

• AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Hey I bumped up the bounties during my brief stint as MoS.  Even for scrubs so our scrubs could participate.
  • Atalkez said:

1k!  It's 1k the whole way down.
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Penwize said:
    Atalkez said:

Better rates than the Ratman pays for killing vermin though.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • You know, I think you'd actually earn more ratting for the duration of a fight for a bounty.
  • Penwize said:
    Atalkez said:

Morthif is your MoS, why are they so shitty?

I know for a fact Ashtan can afford the same valuations on bounties that’s Targossas uses, unless Grandue did some shady shit after I left.

• Atalkez said:
    Penwize said:
    Atalkez said:

Morthif is your MoS, why are they so shitty?

I know for a fact Ashtan can afford the same valuations on bounties that’s Targossas uses, unless Grandue did some shady shit after I left.
    Ashtan's stance was the bounties were just free pk, no need to give gold too. We are working on making it better.
  • Klendathu said:
    Finally!

<><><><><><><><><   BALANCE   ><><><><><><><//====o
    You swing a crude-looking rapier at a shambling zombie with all your might.
    The songblessing upon the rapier sings out with a piercing high note. - ANNIHILATING
    You have slain a shambling zombie, retrieving the corpse.
    Your soul cries out in ecstasy as it reaches new heights of power. You have advanced to level 126.
    You have reached the illustrious level of 9th Level of Penwizian Fortitude.

Been sat at 99.5% for nearly a week, doing other stuff.
    Enjoy the next three levels. Savour them. Really take the time to appreciate them. Because they're the last time you'll see real, noticeable XP gain.

• Ellaer has traded the level 1 piece 'a Blue Dragon's scale' to you.

Ellaer has traded the level 1 piece 'a Blue Dragon's scale' to you.

Thus the quest for Elder Dragon begins.
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

• Only got her killed once, too. -struts-

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    Only :D  
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Xaden said:
    Only got her killed once, too. -struts-
    That's impressive, my kid barely sits still for anything, how did you keep ara from touching all the bad things?