Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

PKing - Improvements

Comments

• CooperCooper Member Posts: 5,324 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Maybe you should try not being a douche.

ShirszaeHasarSherazad
  • ErnamErnam Member Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    edited April 2014
    ^ edit:  @Proficy - Bring it, ho.

"Our lives are not our own. We are bound to others, past and present. And by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future."

Manda  |  Godzilla  |  SLC
      1. JovoloJovolo EnglandMember Posts: 3,246 @@ - Legendary Achaean
        So how is that "Monk is the easiest 100% winnable kill situation" working out for you?
        AustereDecanWessux
      2. ErnamErnam Member Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
        edited April 2014
        Completely.  ...I mean it.   (63 to 81 in four days)

"Our lives are not our own. We are bound to others, past and present. And by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future."

1. JarrodJarrod Member, Seafaring Liason Posts: 3,060 @@ - Legendary Achaean
            And only a mere 7000cr invested?
            Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

>>>>>Jarrod<<<<< said:
            And only a mere 7000cr invested?

;))

I mean, you could say the two years I bought my credits over is comparable to the one day you bought yours on.

You could say that, but you'd sound dumb.
                Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

Decan
                How'd you change the picture in your banner?

Everyone in the A-Team got special permission from Tecton to change those pictures.

Some other people too, but they're less important.

KyrraDecan
                  2. SarapisSarapis Member, Administrator Posts: 3,398 Achaean staff
                    @Ernam Log into the achaea.com website, click on My Accout, click on Edit, then scroll down to the portion where you can edit your picture.

Alternately, log into the HTML5 client (client.achaea.com) and just click on the avatar picture in the lower right-ish, and you can change it there.
                    Ernam
                  3. ErnamErnam Member Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
                    Thanks @Sarapis.

1. JinsunJinsun TN, USAMember Posts: 2,928 @@ - Legendary Achaean
                        edited April 2014
                        Ok, all I'm going to say is why the fuck am I tagged in this suggesting that I start an alt? And the person who tagged me immediately bought a veil the moment they started pk. Haters can go fuck themselves after they give @Ernam‌ a toss on their way home.
                        JhuiStrata
                      2. JinsunJinsun TN, USAMember Posts: 2,928 @@ - Legendary Achaean
                        Also, while I'm flattered that you considered me a team I doubt I'm even 5k in Arties :( I'm poor guyz. You're mad because you're horrible at monk and people destroyed you when you tried to gank them with Ada and Achilles, yes we put it to you, yes you got owned. 1. Because you started shit. 2. Because you can't back it up .
                        ErnamJhuiStrata
                      3. WynedereWynedere Member Posts: 305 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
                        I defended and raided Ashtan/Mhaldor while in Targ, and never experienced any griefing. Sure, I was jumped a few times, but I saw it as a learning experience and it never got any worse. Your reactions to being jumped often dictate whether you're targeted more or less in the future.

JhuiJinsunDecan
                      4. JinsunJinsun TN, USAMember Posts: 2,928 @@ - Legendary Achaean
                        ^this^ acting like a twat won't make me avoid you. It will just make me care less about the consequences for you. I wouldn't want to kill most people back to back. Mouthy people, I have no pity for. #Respek
                      5. ErnamErnam Member Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
                        edited April 2014
                        Server curing seems to be completely face-planting against occultists.  Mostly because it is completely terrible at dealing with masked afflictions.  The days of client-side systems are far from over.

Edit: Sorry, this was completely off-topic...

Decan
                          1. AlexandreAlexandre Raleigh, North CarolinaMember Posts: 89 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished

Well... That's certainly one way to derail a constructive topic about PK.

I get the impression some players would be best off taking a break from the game and realizing it isn't THAT serious.

(hint hint, I was trying to de-rail.  It was not constructive.)

Jinsun said:
                            twat

Jinsun said:
                            I'm poor guyz.

Cooper said:
                            Maybe you should try not being a douche.

Decan
                              1. StrataStrata United States of DerpMember Posts: 1,753 @ - Epic Achaean
                                This was a pretty interesting thread discussion about PK. But 90% of people don't like PK. Close this thread so we can all drink text-tea and mudsex until we pass out from the cheap malt liquor and forget that we just impregnated ugly chicks who are going to become state-sponsored reapers of our bank balance.... or something.
                                AlcinaePayneEthoas
                              2. AlexandreAlexandre Raleigh, North CarolinaMember Posts: 89 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
                                Ah, the Achaean forum community...
                                RipAlcinaeShirszae
                              3. RipRip Member Posts: 231 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
                                To me, PK is knowing my opponent is "human"...

It has nothing to do with "KILLING or DEATH"

It's a type of GAME...Achaea is advertised as a "player killing game", because the term suggests you are going to play against a human.

That's all.

This topic is how to better the HUMAN vs. HUMAN experience here.  Not complain about IG  scenarios that went bad, this isn't to rant.

@Sarapis took a poll.
                                -----------------
                                First place, New Player Experience. (this doesn't exactly mean just Loom Island to me.)

and when I voted...

Second place, PvP...

Things that have made the experience better for new and old.
                                1. Server Side Queues
                                2. Server Side Curing
                                3. Server Side Multi-Aliases
                                4. Fun Moods for all!
                                (New Classleads!)

Now...maybe things to work on.
                                5. Server Side Gags?
                                6. Meaningful Issues
                                7. Better sportsmanship

I have already posted some ideas, I am very interested in more. 

Again, what could we do as players and what could the Admin do to help the Human vs. Human experience around here?

Bluef
                              4. DaeirDaeir AustraliaMember Posts: 6,288 @@ - Legendary Achaean
                                5. AB VISION TUNNELVISION
                                6. Not something that can be addressed in code - removing issues would be akin to removing "GM" support from the game in a sense, since that is their primary purpose
                                7. Not something that can be addressed in code

You know what improves PK? Classleads. Classleads improve PK. We should all just classlead more.
                                Rip
                              5. DaeirDaeir AustraliaMember Posts: 6,288 @@ - Legendary Achaean
                                Yes. More.

Give everyone 50 CLASSLEADS EACH.

There is no getting off the Classleads Wild Ride.
                              6. SynbiosSynbios Member Posts: 4,623 @@ - Legendary Achaean
                                Makarios said:

More?

MORE?

@Makarios

Alexandre
                              7. StrataStrata United States of DerpMember Posts: 1,753 @ - Epic Achaean
                                Serpent so screwed this round of classleads. It's going to be a fun few IRL years playing serpenapostamonkbard. Maybe we can get balanceless force instead of hypnosis so we can guardstack grief like the best of them.
                              8. DaeirDaeir AustraliaMember Posts: 6,288 @@ - Legendary Achaean
                                Maybe they'll add my ghost classlead so I can float around Cyrene and scare novices or something.
                              9. StrataStrata United States of DerpMember Posts: 1,753 @ - Epic Achaean
                                Daeir said:
                                Maybe they'll add my ghost classlead so I can float around Cyrene and scare novices or something.
                                Yeah that's definitely being added since it doesn't do anything for combat. Serpent only needs phase and snipe. Can delete everything else and replace with tea&rainbow abilities.
                                Bluef
                              10. DaeirDaeir AustraliaMember Posts: 6,288 @@ - Legendary Achaean
                                I think I'll classlead automatic sniping next round. I don't like that I have to actually hold my sniping alias down in fights, it's too tiring.
                                StrataBluef
                              11. StrataStrata United States of DerpMember Posts: 1,753 @ - Epic Achaean
                                Daeir said:
                                I think I'll classlead automatic sniping next round. I don't like that I have to actually hold my sniping alias down in fights, it's too tiring.
                                Yeah. Actually we should ask for something called Snipaclysm. If you get at least 3 serpents together in a room, you can do SUMMON NAGA and everyone auto-snipes whoever is in your enemy list at the exact same time.
                                DartegaErnamBonkoAlexandre
                              Sign In to Comment.