Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Memorable quotes

Comments

• AchillesAchilles Los AngelesMember Posts: 2,579 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    There's also Aelios.  We got ASs
    ZackeryHalosUtianima
    Archaeon said:
    (Targossas): Nicola says, "The x-wing series was the only star wars thing I ever enjoyed."
    Can't wait to raid with @Nicola
    Nicola
  • KinilanKinilan Member, Seafaring Liason Posts: 1,298 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    You call out "Fire!" and release the mechanism on an Arcanian arm thrower.
    A roped hookshot blasts out from "Lorielan's Icebox" and slams into a colossal kraken, but seemingly
    does nothing more but anger it further.

SUCK  ON MY CUTTER!

RackhamEllrynUtianima
  • AstarodAstarod Member Posts: 736 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean

(Clan) Ada says, "I just wanted shin!"
    (Clan) Astarod says, "What do I look like."
    (Clan) Astarod says, "A shin dealer?"
    (Clan) Ada says, "LOL."

Just a funny snippet I lol'd at. 

The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."

Aegis, God of War says, "You are dismissed from My demense, Astarod. Go forth and fight well. Bleed fiercely, and climb the purpose you have sought to chase for."
    Utianima
  • PrythePrythe Member Posts: 518 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    edited April 22
    Best tell in ages:

Bann tells you, "Probably because you just rubbed your testicles on their foreheads in public. Needed to be done though. That's fucked up."

P.S. Then ensued a discussion as to whether testicles could be metaphorical given my lack of same.

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it

Zbaco
  • IsmayIsmay Member Posts: 806 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    I'm confused about the 100k thing. How much did you pay for the shop?
    Give us -real- shop logs! Not another misinterpretation of features we ask for, turned into something that either doesn't help at all, or doesn't remotely resemble what we wanted to begin with.

Thanks!

Current position of some of the playerbase, instead of expressing a desire to fix problems:

Vhaynna: "Honest question - if you don't like Achaea or the current admin, why do you even bother playing?"

• ThaisenThaisen Member Posts: 294 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Don’t shops go for like 2000 credits? I seriously don’t know, just what I’ve heard.
  • VhaithVhaith Member Posts: 254 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Thaisen said:
    Don’t shops go for like 2000 credits? I seriously don’t know, just what I’ve heard.
    It's also a transplant from Shallam, isn't it? This could mean it's potentially worth more. 

We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.

edited April 22
    Vhaith said:
    Thaisen said:
    It's also a transplant from Shallam, isn't it? This could mean it's potentially worth more. 
    Oh wow, well... quite the racket they got going on over in Targossas then I guess.

I thought credit scams were illegal?
  • ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lolMember Posts: 814 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Thaisen said:

Caelan
    Ismay said:
    I'm confused about the 100k thing. How much did you pay for the shop?
    Suffice it to say, even 500 years ago (I was about 30ish I think when I bought it) I paid more than 100,000 gold.

Did you pay 2000 credits to IRE or Shallam?  
    Thaisen said:

It's your inheritance son, you should know the value of Mommy's estate.

P.S. Yes indeed, they do. Sometimes more. Sometimes less. But not, uh, 100,000 divided by 14,000 per credit is how much? less.

• AdrikAdrik Member Posts: 449 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Prythe said:
    Thaisen said:

It's your inheritance son, you should know the value of Mommy's estate.

P.S. Yes indeed, they do. Sometimes more. Sometimes less. But not, uh, 100,000 divided by 14,000 per credit is how much? less.
    Credit prices ages ago were less than 14k. You also have to factor in how much money you've saved by... Long term leasing, paid up front. By you know. Not paying a lease. Lemme tell you. I'm doing some math. Its a lot over here in hashan (10 mil for 500 years). Not to mention owning and running a shop and the profits that provides.
    Archaeon said:
    Thaisen said:

Bann
    Keorin said:
    By the game's rules, it's only fraud if you make a deal involving credits with another player. If you make a deal with a -city-, they can screw you out of whatever you want just fine (and frequently do).

Ahh I see, typical corporate bullshit, what is this Citizens United 2.0?  :p
  • AntoniusAntonius Member Posts: 4,991 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Vhaith said:
    Thaisen said:
    Of course it isn't a transplant from Shallam. The destruction of the city was pretty quick, we didn't have time to take any of the shops with us...
    Caelan
  • CaelanCaelan Member Posts: 2,320 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Adrik said:
    You also have to factor in how much money you've saved by... Long term leasing, paid up front. By you know. Not paying a lease. Lemme tell you. I'm doing some math. 

Long term leasing is still leasing </The More You Know>
    Keorin said:
    By the game's rules, it's only fraud if you make a deal involving credits with another player. If you make a deal with a -city-, they can screw you out of whatever you want just fine (and frequently do).
    Curious if the argument could be made that the city was just the beneficiary and the verbal agreement made with at least one player?

Bann
  • AntoniusAntonius Member Posts: 4,991 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Antonius said:
    Vhaith said:
    Thaisen said:
    Of course it isn't a transplant from Shallam. The destruction of the city was pretty quick, we didn't have time to take any of the shops with us...
    Also unclear to me why that would affect the price anyway. Do shopkeepers in Achaea care about the history of the shop they're replacing? "There used to be one of these in Shallam" doesn't seem like a massive selling point, but I also don't understand paying 2000 credits for a shop.
  • AdrikAdrik Member Posts: 449 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Vhaith said:
    Are people really going to try and justify giving someone 100k gold, in place of the potential 2000 credits she could have gotten, if Targossas wasn't having a childish temper tantrum? 
    I mean. Except the part where she had 500 years of no lease payments... Which, following Hashan's structure of something like 15k / year to lease.. issss 7,500,000.. when 2000credits back then were something like 5.5k cr per (at least the earliest accounts from 505 were that much)... Is she getting less? Yeah. 

Wanna see if Hashan can do better? ;)
  • CaelanCaelan Member Posts: 2,320 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited April 23
    Adrik said:
    Vhaith said:
    Are people really going to try and justify giving someone 100k gold, in place of the potential 2000 credits she could have gotten, if Targossas wasn't having a childish temper tantrum? 
    I mean. Except the part where she had 500 years of no lease payments... Which, following Hashan's structure of something like 15k / year to lease.. issss 7,500,000.. when 2000credits back then were something like 5.5k cr per (at least the earliest accounts from 505 were that much)... Is she getting less? Yeah. 

Wanna see if Hashan can do better? ;)
    Wait..  5500gp/cr x 2000cr = 11,000,000gp

11,000,000gp / 500yrs = 22,000gp per year lease.  

Just so Im clear, are we arguing it is better or worse that even at market rates from 500 years ago, she/he still paid more technically?

Or that owning the shop today would value it somewhere close to 28,000,000gp?

Bann
  • LennLenn Member Posts: 811 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    They do have that power, though. It's the same hidden cost for factional classes, player housing, and even paying to be unenemied.
  • TreyTrey Member Posts: 4,819 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    I'm not trying to say that anyone deserves to get hoed out of an investment, but on the same token, if you are a member of a faction and have involvement in another faction (whether that's membership in a potentially conflicting order, a subdivision house or shop in a city you are not a part of, etc) the onus is on you to keep an eye on how the wind is blowing and act accordingly. I had three shops for the longest time (one in Hashan, one in Mhaldor, one in Delos). Regardless of me not participating in the offense, I sold my Hashani shop when Mhaldor started to regularly shit on/raid Hashan again because I knew what was likely to happen. 

Sign In to Comment.