Memorable quotes

Comments

• Thaumas said:
    Peak, you've been auto-retrieving bodies while auto-forging for so long that you should accept some consequences.

Edit: Corrected, I always confuse you and Salik.
    I've seen autoforging. You got the wrong guy.
    Miin-aan baash kimini-sij-i-gan bitooyin sij-i-gan-i bukwayszhiigan = blueberry π
  • You pick up a beautiful Keresis doll.
    4288h, 4026m cexkb-01:07:03:329
    This doll is super beautiful and is made to mimic the awesome Goddess Keresis.
    You think she is pretty like sunshine! Except she kills puppies. In fact, she's
    wearing a t-shirt that says KILLS PUPPIES across her boobs. She is awesome and
    you love her.
    It weighs 5 ounce(s).

-----
    What the hell?

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Peak said:
    I get a body maybe 1/35 times I try and out of that, 7/10 are Ashtani bodies. I've been ganked -at least- 6 times (more than 6 deaths, just 6 separate occasions). P.S. Tanris's body doesn't belong to you and never did, sorry.
    Jumping me with 4 of your closest friends is still jumping me, ganking too, but jumping first.
    That was for uprooting totems and is what we call a group fight/skirmish.  This is the first time I've done anything to you directly for falconing bodies when you aren't even part of the defending or raiding parties whilst doing it inside Ashtan on a guard stack.  I got a dozen messages since this thread starting from Mhaldorians, rogues, Eleusians saying finally.  
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Jiraishin said:

You pick up a beautiful Keresis doll.
    you love her.
    It weighs 5 ounce(s).

-----
    What the hell?

I can't tell if you're trolling me or not. :-S

If that is a real item, I think I just died a little on the inside.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • If someone kills someone else, and you grab their corpse, you are getting involved. There's no "don't mind me boys, I'm just cleaning the place up." You're stepping into the fight, and the consequences of that involve potentially being killed for it.
    I agree with Blujixapug here.  Once upon a time, during one of my many, many returns to the serpent class, Relos got slain in the middle of a gate raid on Shallam.  He was just strolling in and picking up corpses, said he, in an issue submission that was so long that it required two instances of submitting the issue to simply explain all that he had to say.  My own was, uh, considerably shorter than that.  Long story short, there are consequences for one's actions even if they are not explicitly stated in HELP PK.  In that particular example, HELP COMMON SENSE held a little more sway. 

I am steadfastly ignoring the fact that common sense is anything but, of course.  
  • @Melodie it's real. Picked it up at the Gates of Ashtan, it's still in my inventory.
    ----
    You are wielding:
          whip324915: an iron-tipped whip in your left hand.

You are holding:
          doll25767           a beautiful Keresis doll

4288h, 4026m cexkb-01:59:56:736
    you love her.
    It weighs 5 ounce(s).
    ---
    Believe me, I wish it weren't real. The dropped description had it sitting next to a pile of dead puppies.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
    Heartstop. :(
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • VayneVayne Rhode Island
    Jiraishin said:

you love her.
    It weighs 5 ounce(s).

-----
    What the hell?

Hot.
  • Extremely.
  • Vayne said:
    you love her.
    It weighs 5 ounce(s).

-----
    What the hell?
    Humgii it like it's hot.
    Fixed.
  • @Chord see, humgii'd things sometimes turn up on the ocean floor. And then get salvaged.
    Miin-aan baash kimini-sij-i-gan bitooyin sij-i-gan-i bukwayszhiigan = blueberry π
  • @Boosteya: Maybe fluffy will take a liking to her instead.

• Jiraishin said:
    @Melodie it's real. Picked it up at the Gates of Ashtan, it's still in my inventory.
    ----
    You are wielding:
          whip324915: an iron-tipped whip in your left hand.

You are holding:
          doll25767           a beautiful Keresis doll

4288h, 4026m cexkb-01:59:56:736
    you love her.
    It weighs 5 ounce(s).
    ---
    Believe me, I wish it weren't real. The dropped description had it sitting next to a pile of dead puppies.
    Yeha I think I just died a little inside too. How'd that thing get approved...
    "Faded away like the stars in the morning,
     Losing their light in the glorious sun,
     Thus would we pass from this earth and its toiling,
     Only remembered for what we have done."

• Achilles said:
    Peak said:
    I get a body maybe 1/35 times I try and out of that, 7/10 are Ashtani bodies. I've been ganked -at least- 6 times (more than 6 deaths, just 6 separate occasions). P.S. Tanris's body doesn't belong to you and never did, sorry.
    Jumping me with 4 of your closest friends is still jumping me, ganking too, but jumping first.
    That was for uprooting totems and is what we call a group fight/skirmish.  This is the first time I've done anything to you directly for falconing bodies when you aren't even part of the defending or raiding parties whilst doing it inside Ashtan on a guard stack.  I got a dozen messages since this thread starting from Mhaldorians, rogues, Eleusians saying finally.  
    lol b.s. I immolate most corpses I get if it's not during a raid. Eleusians get grove rezzed so I falcon deliver one of them their decapped bodies. Not my fault if they're not the one that gets it.I bet you got all of two messages, if that. Besides, others actually do something about it instead of cry. You are the only one that gets this upset.
    [spoiler] Stay mad. [/spoiler]
  • Welp, time to start megaganking Peak.

^agreed

I won't say who but it was definitely more than 2.  Hell look at this thread alone.
  • Gank him during the raid, not after if you really want to do something about it.

That's like waiting until after a raid to gank a monk for choking you from a distance.  Else you're just taking cause for something done during a raid and consequently a massive loser.

• Achilles, buy a veil.
    "Rightful place" is a crater in the moon, amirite?
    Cahin said:
    Gank him during the raid, not after if you really want to do something about it.

That's like waiting until after a raid to gank a monk for choking you from a distance.  Else you're just taking cause for something done during a raid and consequently a massive loser.
    You miss the point.  Peak is standing inside Ashtan, never steps foot outside and is just using his falcon to get bodies.  There's no way to target him during the raid/defense.
  • I hate to be the advocate here, but can you explain to me how this differs from someone laying rites then going to sit on a ship/in Nirvana/on a guard stack in their city. By your logic, I should kill those people post raid.

Still think you're just throwing a tantrum.

edited September 2012
    Pretty substantial difference.  For one those rites might not even effect you unless you pick that room out of the hundreds of rooms inside Shallam to pick from.  Peak's taking a body is substantial for both the essence cost, defiling/sanctifying, truename farming.

Edit: too late to elaborate but if this was happening inside Ashtan while we were raiding (which never happens of course) then sure.  Peak is just trying to circumvent the common sense/cause rules by obviously interfering in the fights.  He wants to get involved, pick up some of those forged weapons he spends so much time forging and stand guard.
  • Are you even talking about the same thing as me?

1. You come and border raid Ashtan.
    2. Ashtani retrieve bodies from Ashtan (the city you are border raiding, let's establish this beyond any shadow of a doubt).
    3. You hire because Ashtani were helping the group actively engaging you in melee? While (emphasis), you are border raiding Ashtan.

Do you not see how this is somewhat strange?

Let me draw some comparrisons.

1. Ashtan border raids Shallam.
    2. Random noncomm priest lays piety/warding/whatever other random irritating rite in all rooms through southern wilderness.
    3. Priest goes and sits on guards in a closed room shielded with guards adjacent (let's forestall the "you can go in and kill them because you have infiltration" argument).
    4. Tagg (you're the only nonmark that sprang to mind, sry) hires me on priest because they're not in the fight and playing unfairly by not exposing them self to a level of danger he deems appropriate.

Sounds legit.

• edited September 2012
    I body snatch from all melee situations, not just when they border raid. (just being honest)

IMO, he's just still mad from when I nabbed a body he was decapitating (outside, obviously). He made a mistake, so he projects his problems on me :( I am to Achilles what an abused child is to an alcoholic father. Don't hurt me anymore dad :( I won't act up anymore.
  • edited September 2012
    I agree with Tanris that hiring over this seems quite wrong. Attacking during the same raid? Sure! But it's his right, as is every defender's, to try to stay safe and unharmed. You can't really expect people to open themselves up to being killed voluntarily.
  • Pretty sure Peak was taking bodies from both sides which Eleusis was raiding Mhaldor the other month... in that situation, I think going out of the way to kill him is pretty fair. When he's on one of the sides in the fight, not so much.

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• Don't see how he's untouchable during a raid. 

Oh, border raid.