Comments

• Babel said:
    Little of this is memorable, or quotes.

Do better.

• Antonius said:
    Rangor said:
    Dupre said:
    quantity ≠ quality
    quality at the cost of quantity leads to houses dying. You can have quality within quantity.
    Houses can also die if all of the quality leaves, even if they still have a large population remaining. People who are there just to make up numbers don't tend to actually do much of anything, even within the House, and therefore aren't capable of keeping a House alive by making it attractive to new, other quality members.
    I agree. Quantity without any quality doesn't work either. Just trying to say they aren't mutually exclusive. :D
  • Just like the Force there must be balance.
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Torinn said:
    Just like the Force there must be balance.
    Force requires equilibrium, you can always change the arc with balance.  #dadjokes
  • Doesn't Eleusis only have one house though? That may as well be cwho.
  • Mindshell said:
    Doesn't Eleusis only have one house though? That may as well be cwho.

Not sure if snide remark...or general confusion...
  • Mindshell said:
    Doesn't Eleusis only have one house though? That may as well be cwho.
    HOUSE / FOREST ENEMY MINDSHELL He hurt my goddamned feelings on the forums.

• Chissa said:
    Who said the houses are dying? Just an ordinary day in the heartwood kin!

Goooood, Goooodddd.

That way when we raid it's:

All kidding aside it's good to see a house/city growing, even if it's not mine. I would be lying if I said Achaea's dwindling pop hasn't worried me lately.
  • Lanre said:

Except Eleusis is more like

• Pyori said:
    Lanre said:

Do you have some pent-up hate for Eleusis that you'd like to get all off your chest?
  • Puxi said:
    Pyori said:
    Lanre said:

Do you have some pent-up hate for Eleusis that you'd like to get all off your chest?
    Naw I only hate you. Hopefully I never have you on my chest. :(

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    08:52:01 (Svof): [redacted] says, "Ello."
    08:52:05 (Svof): [redacted] says, "Mis."
    08:52:17 (Svof): [redacted] says, "Switch 1."
    08:52:27 (Svof): [redacted] says, "I need to go to bed."

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Plak said:
    I am predicting new Mhaldorian offspring in 9 months...
     :o:(

• Speaking of Mhaldor studs..

(Cyrene): Rilinstra says, "I know a good vote, whos a bigger jerk, proficy or kiet. Lets run a poll for that."

(Cyrene): Lisbethae says, "That's a toughie."

(Cyrene): Lisbethae says, "I've had more good conversations with Proficy."

(Cyrene): Rilinstra says, "Isnt it though?"

(Cyrene): Lisbethae says, "Kiet was just a bunghole the whole time."

(Cyrene): Rilinstra says, "Hes a complete ass, yeah."

(Cyrene): Lisbethae says, "Proficy seems like there is intelligence, even though he doggedly pursues his goals, stomping over everyone else in the process."

(Cyrene): Rilinstra says, "Kiet does come across as more of spiteful little man."

(Cyrene): Lisbethae says, "There seems to be a bit of a lack of animus with Proficy."

(Cyrene): Rilinstra says, "Because he doesnt have to feel like people are testing his ego, hes already a household name."

(Cyrene): Lisbethae says, "But yeah, Kiet. Should be the sound one makes when one clears one's throat of a particularly attached bit of mucous."

(Cyrene): Rilinstra says, "His momma was a glubber and this dad was a tapir, i hear."

(Cyrene): Phaestus says, "I recommend that the two of you take this inane conversation elsewhere."

Are you #TeamProficy or #TeamKiet?
  • So that's what Cyrene CT is like...
  • Don't look, Farrah. It's not worth it. Save yourself.

#TeamAegoth
  • Nick said:
    Speaking of Mhaldor studs..

(Cyrene): Rilinstra says, "I know a good vote, whos a bigger jerk, proficy or kiet. Lets run a poll for that."

(Cyrene): Lisbethae says, "That's a toughie."

(Cyrene): Lisbethae says, "I've had more good conversations with Proficy."

(Cyrene): Rilinstra says, "Isnt it though?"

(Cyrene): Lisbethae says, "Kiet was just a bunghole the whole time."

(Cyrene): Rilinstra says, "Hes a complete ass, yeah."

(Cyrene): Lisbethae says, "Proficy seems like there is intelligence, even though he doggedly pursues his goals, stomping over everyone else in the process."

(Cyrene): Rilinstra says, "Kiet does come across as more of spiteful little man."

(Cyrene): Lisbethae says, "There seems to be a bit of a lack of animus with Proficy."

(Cyrene): Rilinstra says, "Because he doesnt have to feel like people are testing his ego, hes already a household name."

(Cyrene): Lisbethae says, "But yeah, Kiet. Should be the sound one makes when one clears one's throat of a particularly attached bit of mucous."

(Cyrene): Rilinstra says, "His momma was a glubber and this dad was a tapir, i hear."

(Cyrene): Phaestus says, "I recommend that the two of you take this inane conversation elsewhere."

Are you #TeamProficy or #TeamKiet?
    This is my baby daddy and my future baby daddy. You guys get out of here. They are both so nice.

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Even I try not to look too much  :'(

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Saeva draws her baalzadeen close and buries her daegger casually into his side as she whispers, "I missed you, you ugly fiend, you."

There's no place like home.

Give us -real- shop logs! Not another misinterpretation of features we ask for, turned into something that either doesn't help at all, or doesn't remotely resemble what we wanted to begin with.

Thanks!

Current position of some of the playerbase, instead of expressing a desire to fix problems:

Vhaynna: "Honest question - if you don't like Achaea or the current admin, why do you even bother playing?"

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Oof, that was a hefty dose of PTSD.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Hence why I will never make a character in Cyrene...

Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
  • I'm more curious to see what their response to Phaestus was.

• edited August 2018
    Penwize said:
    Pyori said:
    I'm more curious to see what their response to Phaestus was.
    If it was Eleusis, their response would be to tell them to stop trying to govern them, followed by a heated debate, an election, and several news posts about how Eleusis is a democracy and not a theocracy.
    Followed by 20 forum posts about "Why we never have divine?!"

• It is a bit cringy seeing an all-powerful god stoop to playing hall monitor for a community advertised as being virtually completely player-run.
  • Yea, the Cyrenian playerbase is indeed cringeworthy. Props to Phaestus for putting up with the idiocy
  • That was a general statement. I don't really know all the details of Cyrene's city channel anymore, or what motivations lead to those exact things being said, and I also don't strongly care.

I just think it's cringy seeing an all-powerful god play hall monitor for a player-run community.
  • Unfortunately, Cyrene tends to be a very good example of what can happen when players have too much power.