Memorable quotes

Comments

• edited September 2016
    Now I'm even more disappointed Proficy ignored my proposal. Independence AND title. Pah!

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    Dunn said:
    Where does one purchase equine companions of such heights?
    It took me 2 days to figure out what this meant.
    God I am so slow sometimes.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • Jonathin said:
    Dunn said:
    Where does one purchase equine companions of such heights?
    It took me 2 days to figure out what this meant.
    God I am so slow sometimes.
    Would you explain it to my friend?
  • High horse

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Ohhh. Thanks.
  • @Rangor, stealing my idea. I said I wanted a bone throne the moment they announced Furniture *shakefist*
  • Aerek said:
    Is that a euphemism? I feel like that should be a euphemism.

"Good evening, ladies. Would any of you like to come sit one my bone throne?"
    The term Bone Throne/Bone Zone got coined on Twitch after Until Dawn came out when people started joking about two of the character who were sleeping together "Going to the Bone Zone" or her "Sitting on his Bone Throne"
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    edited September 2016
    "Bone zone" was a thing long before Until Dawn

ETA: Long before twitch, even.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Ahmet said:
    "Bone zone" was a thing long before Until Dawn

ETA: Long before twitch, even.
    Well that's where I saw it start popping up. Maybe I'm just not old enough to remember other places, lol.
  • Akrile, War Priest of Aegis tells you, "A job well done upon the seas, Ashtani 
    Jinsun. I expect the same dogged persistence within a ship race also claims you 
    victory in naval combat."

placed second for the first time in a shiprace today. I know I sail a lot, but I've only raced in one before and forgot how hard it was!
  • That is madness :( 
  • A male voice resonates with the clarity of Severian himself, "In the name of Lord Aegis, The Commander. I've rejoined the Dauntless whether I am ready or not... Have at me, for the entire Hunt and beyond. Let there be blood."

When did Aegis become Khorne? Oh right Chaos war god.
  • Drinks are allowed?
    DRINKS ARE ALLOWED?!
    When did this happen?
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    What the bloody hell is this madness and how does this happen when you can't even draw words on cakes.

I'm so confused, help.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • You are just jealous that @Laniara figured out how first.
    No I'm actually pretty annoyed because it flies in the face of a lot of things. Not annoyed at Laniara, mind, she's just doing her thing and that's fine.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • The King o' Bling has spoken.

But also, can someone explain to me why people got their panties in a bunch?

I'm not a designer and it confuses me.
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• Prospero said:
    Sometimes, even Amarisse can make a mistake. It was not meant to be approved at any time and the offending item has been removed. You can put away the pitchforks, go back to what you were doing before, and give the crafting guild a break - they work really hard to turn around stuff to the crafters in a timely fashion. 
    First post... welcome!

Xaden said:
    The King o' Bling has spoken.

But also, can someone explain to me why people got their panties in a bunch?

I'm not a designer and it confuses me.
    It's complicated, but basically when the crafting union shifts whoever is in charge of it from admin to admin, the rules tend to shift with it - which is understandable, this is a different person with different standards and ideas. But depending how the system shifts, it can become fairly frustrating for crafters who feel (whether rightfully or not) their creative vision is being limited by the rules. In some cases those "visions" are outrageous and don't really have a place in Achaea, but many many more are in a grey area of "whatever the admin opinion of the time is". It's not a single incident, but rather a large collection of smaller ones that tend to frustrate designers.

That said, Prospero, there was no pitchforks, just genuine confusion and a mild annoyance. I don't think anyone was insulting the (very thankless) job of the particular admin behind the curtain. It was meant only as an opinion of some frustration.
  • @Prospero Sorry. I didn't mean to forum yell. I was attempting to express shock, not rage.

@Xaden Drinks have never been allowed in cooking so seeing one is a bit stunning.
  • Kez said:
    @Prospero Sorry. I didn't mean to forum yell. I was attempting to express shock, not rage.

@Xaden Drinks have never been allowed in cooking so seeing one is a bit stunning.
    Ok... Total n00b question then... Where do all the existing drinks come from? The admin/garden/game itself?

• Drinks are purchased from denizens.

A drink comes in a container and has a number of sips (sometimes 1, but still) and leaves the container when emptied. Drinks do not provide nourishment, but can provide alcoholic content. You use them with drink, sip, or quaff.

Food can be cooked through crafting. It does not leave a dish when eaten. It can provide nourishment but not alcoholic content. You use it with eat.
  • Xaden said:
    Kez said:
    @Prospero Sorry. I didn't mean to forum yell. I was attempting to express shock, not rage.

Ok... Total n00b question then... Where do all the existing drinks come from? The admin/garden/game itself?
    Yes, as far as I know. Garden (Gods, Celani, maybe mortal builders as well?) designs them or works with requests for them (for example, you can do a House item request to the patron with a drink design).
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• Thanks! Everything is clear now. Y'all are very helpful and shit.

• SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    Another explanation would be that whatever you craft has to make sense with the appropriate command. Because cooking only allows food, you can only make things that can be consumed with the 'eat' command, not the 'drink' command. You could make an iced tea sure, but you'd have to turn it into a granita or sorbet to be consumed with a spoon.

Having said that I am slightly disappointed the item was removed, if only because then I could finally finally open an Achaean Starbucks. Frappucinos for everyone!