Quick Questions

Comments

• Cologne and perfume are the same unreasonable price, right? I really need to make my letters smell like stale farts and bergamot.
  • Was there reason given for why Blademaster blades can't be customized? I imagine that would be easy money for the administration.
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    they don't want your stinking money.

That and the customisations would end up being abhorrent

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Well, sure, most entries would be straight from some middle-schooler's notebook scribbles, but I can't imagine how that would be different from descriptions of staves or artifact weapons.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Probably to keep them special. They're the only weapons to solely have names now and there's only so much you can alter before you move away from the katana design.

I wouldn't mind having the option to select what materials I preferred on the sword though, as an option for customising. My BM had a sword with a brilliant name ( first one I banded ) but it always really bothered me that the sword itself looked so horrible.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Kyrra said:
    Probably to keep them special. They're the only weapons to solely have names now and there's only so much you can alter before you move away from the katana design. I wouldn't mind having the option to select what materials I preferred on the sword though, as an option for customising. My BM had a sword with a brilliant name ( first one I banded ) but it always really bothered me that the sword itself looked so horrible.
    I got so lucky on that. Name fits the sword fits the wielder. First try!
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • edited April 2013
    Well, if nothing else, you can make your enemy run in terror.  Or drop it on them from a building like some horrible piano.

And I don't think my gif has ever been a more appropriate reaction.
  • I don't know what kind of inferior sword you have, @Synbios, but mine's already a partner to me in the touchest of battles. Unfortunately, a sword isn't usually what I want in a touch battle...
  • @Eld: I don't know about you, but I weild Eternal Mercy with the power of the elemental and non-elemental. It was forged from the will of my heart.

Fun thought: the author is probably a fine example of what an unholy matrimony of an overly-obsessed anime fanperson and an artist who absolutely hates any form of art critique looks like. To quote her deviantart profile description:

"I don't tolerate people telling me how to draw my character (Sapphirus) or bashing my page so if that happens I'll either block you or ignore you. Don't mind Critique, just know the difference between insulting a person and actual critique. Ty"

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    What's an LM Outlet on a metre box that's associated with electricity to power points? And is it supposed to zap me when I try to put it on?
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• I don't know what any of those things are. But you brought up the terms "electricity" and "will it zap me", so I'm going to say "yes".
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    It's already zapped me, and I don't think that normal but neither is having electricity running through the water in the shower at home.

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    My dad would know, he's an electrician. It's too bad he went to bed already.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    This office is bad juju.

Will there be new items in the shop of wonders along with the promo?

• Q: Was BM lore (i.e. the stuff on Lucaine) present in the game before the introduction of Blademasters as a playable class?
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • edited May 2013
    @Sylvance: Yes. The History section on the Seleucarian Wars of Succession was there ever since the Guild days. 

• edited May 2013
    Thanks to you both for answering...

...and a 'thumbs-up' to the game's writers; gotta be some kudos for linking that all in together.

ETA: Almost makes me want to start reading the lore to get some clues as to the next classes ;)
  • @Tecton

Couple of questions on the auctions: 1) Are they a mixture of gold and credits? 2) Will there be the option of bidding credits on gold auctions? 3) Why do auctions on the same month as credit sale? Not that I'm complaining about a credit sale!
  • I imagine the answer to 2 is going to be a resounding no. It's not that difficult to turn credits into gold if you want to bid in those auctions.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    People will want to buy credits for the auction so it's a bonus. It stacks on top of the iron elite bonus for buying credits as well.

• Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • HaldonHaldon I forgot...
    edited May 2013
    To reactivate an Iron Elite would I reorder from the website as I would if I were getting it for the first time?
    Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead.
  • Haldon said:
    To reactivate an Iron Elite would I reorder from the website as I would if I were getting it for the first time?
    Yes
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Sylvance said:
    @Tecton

Couple of questions on the auctions: 1) Are they a mixture of gold and credits? 2) Will there be the option of bidding credits on gold auctions? 3) Why do auctions on the same month as credit sale? Not that I'm complaining about a credit sale!
    1) On some of them, yes.
    2) No.
    3) Why not?
  • Tecton said:
    Sylvance said:
    @Tecton

1) On some of them, yes.
    2) No.
    3) Why not?

@tecton

Will the Pauldrons of Shrugging, or the Bushcage/Greenwind Artefacts be on the list?  I need to know how many thousands of credits to buy.....

• Antonius said:
    I imagine the answer to 2 is going to be a resounding no. It's not that difficult to turn credits into gold if you want to bid in those auctions.
    @Antonius - Whilst I fully concur with your statement, the problem in the last gold auction was with people selling 500cr @5.5k to get money for the auction, losing the auction, then having to buy their credits back at 6.2k*

*yes, I pulled those figures out of my ass, but hopefully it demonstrates the problem

@Tecton - Well, my original thought on q3 was that auction + credit sale kinda bitchslaps people who have been hording credits for the sale. But having thought about it, that's a good thing. So woop woop.
  • Sylvance said:
    Antonius said:
    I imagine the answer to 2 is going to be a resounding no. It's not that difficult to turn credits into gold if you want to bid in those auctions.
    @Antonius - Whilst I fully concur with your statement, the problem in the last gold auction was with people selling 500cr @5.5k to get money for the auction, losing the auction, then having to buy their credits back at 6.2k*
    But isn't that part of the risk of betting in auctions?
  • Celiana said:

Sylvance said:

Antonius said:

But isn't that part of the risk of betting in auctions?

Cooper can answer any questions relating to risks in auctions.