Quick Questions

Comments

• Vaile said:
    Eld said:
    Vaile said:
    Does anyone know what the movement bonus is for wild walker? 
    Halves the delay for moving through difficult terrain (hills, mountains, tundra) on the wilderness map, I believe.
    That's what I was told as well. It doesn't feel like a change though. How would I test this? 
    Time the delay walking through some terrain, and have someone without the trait do the same. If I remember next time I'm online, I'll check delays for various terrain types.
  • If you were cityless and houseless, can you still RP?
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Madrax said:
    If you were cityless and houseless, can you still RP?
    Yes.

Taken just now off qw, you'll see there are more rogues than any individual city has people around.

rogue     (24): Aesinn, Atl, Bluef, Boosteya, Corina, Emmie, Gardenia, Jeld, Jovaras, Lithorin, 
    Mariel, Muldab, Narsina, Naruio, Nullis, Reccin, Renly, Sabata, Saker, Sillias, Tamera, Tisana, Zain 
    and Zenui
      Cyrene    (15): Accidaente, Baldazar, Cecee, Daklore, Galos, Giulia, Halestok, Judd, Kii, Machete, 
    Maryse, Naomh, Prysala, Serendi and Sunny
      Eleusis   (13): Alrena, Baatti, Draymar, Lala, Naisar, Nyrax, Roedyn, Scad, Socratix, Starla, 
    Swadryt, Yae and Zeon
      Targossas (13): Achilles, Aisling, Ayo, Dulcinia, Echald, Extrum, Halos, Kaiu, Nexas, Shunsui, 
    Sothantos, Tesha and Zuko
      Ashtan    (13): Aerindyl, Crythril, Darqiss, Dunn, Hiroma, Hrolfgar, Jonesey, Mammon, Morro, 
    Nimala, Sohl, Sybilla and Taraus
      Hashan    (11): Achimrst, Arkius, Ennylese, Lacertix, Limri, Oroqen, Pathers, Payne, Tzond, Verily 
    and Vexus
      Mhaldor   (6): Azor, Cahin, Droglas, Keres, Saibel and Vicious
      unknown   (1): Torbalt
      Immortal  (1): Romeo
  • Hmm.. alright thanks for the info :)
  • Achilles said:
    Madrax said:
    Yes.

Taken just now off qw, you'll see there are more rogues than any individual city has people around.

rogue     (24): Aesinn, Atl, Bluef, Boosteya, Corina, Emmie, Gardenia, Jeld, Jovaras, Lithorin, 
    Mariel, Muldab, Narsina, Naruio, Nullis, Reccin, Renly, Sabata, Saker, Sillias, Tamera, Tisana, Zain 
    and Zenui
      Cyrene    (15): Accidaente, Baldazar, Cecee, Daklore, Galos, Giulia, Halestok, Judd, Kii, Machete, 
      Eleusis   (13): Alrena, Baatti, Draymar, Lala, Naisar, Nyrax, Roedyn, Scad, Socratix, Starla, 
    Swadryt, Yae and Zeon
      Targossas (13): Achilles, Aisling, Ayo, Dulcinia, Echald, Extrum, Halos, Kaiu, Nexas, Shunsui, 
      Ashtan    (13): Aerindyl, Crythril, Darqiss, Dunn, Hiroma, Hrolfgar, Jonesey, Mammon, Morro, 
      Hashan    (11): Achimrst, Arkius, Ennylese, Lacertix, Limri, Oroqen, Pathers, Payne, Tzond, Verily 
    and Vexus

Just a question, how do you get a list so organized like that? I'm slightly jealous. Which command is that?
  • Alcinae said:
    Achilles said:
    Madrax said:
    Yes.

and Zenui
    Swadryt, Yae and Zeon
    and Vexus

Just a question, how do you get a list so organized like that? I'm slightly jealous. Which command is that?
    It's scripted externally, probably using svo's people tracker.
  • Looks like a good time for targ to raid ashtan to me
  • Just out of curiosity, is there any way to hit the level three limit for mana regen? All I've been able to think of that counts toward that limit is regen rings, which only go up to level two. The only other thing mentioned in HELP REGEN is racial regeneration, but I don't remember any races having mana regen even before traits.
  • The mana regen mutation (can be up to level 2) from transmogrification counts towards the limit.
  • I never use it, you might if you don't have a level 1 mana regen ring though.

I wouldn't use it in raids though.
  • Now that you don't need to stance in every room, monk hunting, especially of little stuff, is significantly more economical in time and especially endurance. The question being, is it still better to hunt in scorpion, which is faster and somewhat weaker, or dragon which is stronger but somewhat slower, in term of raw D-P-S and/or killing most stuff faster

(Paging Sena)

• Echald said:

Now that you don't need to stance in every room, monk hunting, especially of little stuff, is significantly more economical in time and especially endurance. The question being, is it still better to hunt in scorpion, which is faster and somewhat weaker, or dragon which is stronger but somewhat slower, in term of raw D-P-S and/or killing most stuff faster

(Paging Sena)

Long time since I played a monk, but I would put money on scs still being better. DRS didn't used to have the 2-per-day thing when I was a monk that I only JUST found out about like.. this week, and back then scs was still better for pve.
  • edited May 2013
    Rispok said:
    Echald said:

Now that you don't need to stance in every room, monk hunting, especially of little stuff, is significantly more economical in time and especially endurance. The question being, is it still better to hunt in scorpion, which is faster and somewhat weaker, or dragon which is stronger but somewhat slower, in term of raw D-P-S and/or killing most stuff faster

(Paging Sena)

Long time since I played a monk, but I would put money on scs still being better. DRS didn't used to have the 2-per-day thing when I was a monk that I only JUST found out about like.. this week, and back then scs was still better for pve.

The 2-per-day thing?

What the hell quotes stop screwing with me.

• Dorn said:
    The 2-per-day thing?
    Yeah.. Um... Somebody posted something about how only Ashura can use drs more than in 2 different rooms per hour? No clue if that's accurate or a bunch of bologna.
  • NemutaurNemutaur Germany
    Rispok said:
    Dorn said:
    The 2-per-day thing?
    Yeah.. Um... Somebody posted something about how only Ashura can use drs more than in 2 different rooms per hour? No clue if that's accurate or a bunch of bologna.
    Totally true, that's why all monks should be Ashura.

...seriously though what is that bullshit, you can stance when you like unless you're in Mhaldor and a slave and get told to use rts only by a cruel Troni on a powertrip. I'd still use scs for hunting though, speed = more crits and scs increases kick damage by a -lot-.
  • I believe it was in response to the limits placed upon jesters who aren't in the CIJ having access to fewer mice at a time.  Another example was serpents having transecretion on a 2s balance, unless they serpent is in the Naga.

• Adet said:

I believe it was in response to the limits placed upon jesters who aren't in the CIJ having access to fewer mice at a time.  Another example was serpents having transecretion on a 2s balance, unless they serpent is in the Naga.

Listed!

• I did a bit of testing with monk damage against denizens, but it seems that the damage is random in dragon stance but static in other stances, so dragon can be somewhat unpredictable. With 14 strength, scorpion did 361 for sdk and 148 for ucp, dragon did 276-334 for sdk and 148-179 for ucp. So dragon can be stronger, and it can also be weaker. I'd expect scorpion to have a higher average damage.

I didn't test it thoroughly at all though, and I don't remember exact balance times.
  • edited June 2013
    That's about right.  Didn't notice dragon doing random damage, but didn't test it enough to see and assumed it didn't.  For balance times, scorpion is faster than dragon by about 0.3s, for around 2.1s vs 2.4s roughly.  That puts scorpion better for bashing still, even with the stance change.
  • Which does more damage at comparable stats, and at what ratios - the jab of a rapier, or the Accentato that follows it?
  • I think the rapier damage is 350 or so and the accentato is 200 or so, vs denizens at least, with a 54 damage rapier and 11 strength. It has been quite a while since I have tested it. In pvp, accentato can do way more damage than the jab, especially if you figure out how to use it extremely effectively. Just make sure you get a pretty rapier.

i'm a rebel

• Tesha said:
    I think the rapier damage is 350 or so and the accentato is 200 or so, vs denizens at least, with a 54 damage rapier and 11 strength. It has been quite a while since I have tested it. In pvp, accentato can do way more damage than the jab, especially if you figure out how to use it extremely effectively. Just make sure you get a pretty rapier.
    Your rapier is really fancy, can you paste the full desc here or in a letter or something? It took me ages to run from one of your tremolo things a few times back because I was scrolled up reading your rapiers short desc >.>
    -
    (Whiners Anonymous): Alcaro says, "If I overdose on anything, though, it'll be a lack of anything."
    (Whiners Anonymous): Alcaro says, "Isn't Morimbuul that Arab that was banished to beneath Mhaldor or something."
  • What is the difference in level you need to be at before a village/town/etc will view you as fearful rather then hatred in village feelings?
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my hounds!
    Krenim: Hounds? How cliche.
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my rape gorilla!
    Krenim: ...We'll show ourselves out.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Berenene said:

What is the difference in level you need to be at before a village/town/etc will view you as fearful rather then hatred in village feelings?

Depends on the frequency you kill them.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• So will it then go from hateful to fearful or do you have to wait for it to drop one level and then kill them again?
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    They go from fearful to hatred, and I think it gradually goes backwards after X amount of time. I think village feelings might reset after so long as well.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• The difference between hatred and fear has nothing to do with time or how much you kill them. They're the same "rank" of village feelings, your level compared to the denizen's determines whether a denizen hates or fears you when you're at "Hatred". Also, it's different for each individual denizen, so village feelings will never show Fear instead of Hatred. But once you're at Hatred, weak enough denizens will run from you instead of attacking you.

I'm not sure how much of a level difference that requires. It seems like most denizens will never fear anyone.
  • Plucky little ducks aren't they?
  • Q: What does the Promote tag do on the forums? I was reading through the <redacted> thread, and it kinda looked like @Sarapis was giving @Santar the middle finger. Turns out he wasn't. So, what does it do?
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.