Quick Questions

Comments

• Iocun said:
    Random room emotes are fine as long as you keep them at about 10 words or so and make them generally unobtrusive.
    How will people know about your pet's cute cool personality without a huge emote textblasting them every 15 minutes after you log out and leave it at the most popular room in the city?
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    @Melodie, if you want to help my customise the rest if my wardrobe... ;)
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Brb commissions ahhhh!
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Speaking of commissions, I submitted a design for an earring that's been showing as 5 days left for about that long now.

Should I be bugging that or am I just getting impatient?
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    edited April 2013

I find no utility in the lyre for hunting. The lyre is a big help for exploring, if you can't tank. Certainly I've used the nightingale equivalent many times to do room-by-room exploration of ultra-aggro areas.

Throw in a wand of reflection, and that makes me the only individual, whom I know of, who explored all the rooms unphased on Krenindala without dying a single time.

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    I explored it all without dying. Or any barrier D:

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Was there some public philosophical justification for the banning of shamans from the Good/Light faction that I missed, or was that new rule just imposed out of thin air in the switch from Shallam to Targossas?
  • Talonia said:
    Was there some public philosophical justification for the banning of shamans from the Good/Light faction that I missed, or was that new rule just imposed out of thin air in the switch from Shallam to Targossas?
    Shamans have always leaned towards the 'dark side' in terms of ethos, though most consider them 'unaligned.'
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Talonia said:
    Was there some public philosophical justification for the banning of shamans from the Good/Light faction that I missed, or was that new rule just imposed out of thin air in the switch from Shallam to Targossas?
    It was always kind of a uneasy class for Shallam and lately their has been a focus on how it draws power from dark magic.

Jacked from HELP CLASS SHAMANS

However, they tend to draw those who embrace the secrets of the shadows more readily than the light.
  • @Kyrra I'm not sure what the time-frame should be for getting design returns, but I put in an 11 piece commission last weekend and still nothing. I was going to give them another week since it was so much >.>
    meh

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    @Trilliana, it was about a five day wait. It got approved yesterday and I just waited it out.

Also, I mean the customisation system IG, not the UUC crafting submissions. Just to clarify.

• I have three tailoring designs that have been around a week now.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • Achilles said:
    Talonia said:
    It was always kind of a uneasy class for Shallam and lately their has been a focus on how it draws power from dark magic.

Jacked from HELP CLASS SHAMANS

However, they tend to draw those who embrace the secrets of the shadows more readily than the light.
    This has always been a pet peeve of mine. Twilight changed that for his whole lolspiritwalkers bullshit. 
  • Is it possible to fish out an area? I've heard from others that you can, but I've never done it. Is it just really difficult?
  • For normal fishing, you can fish out a room, and it doesn't take all that long. You can get an idea of how many fish are left by surveying in the room (the water room that you're casting into, not the room you're standing in while fishing).

With deep sea fishing, you can't completely fish out an area. An area can be overfished though, after which you'll catch a lot less fish in that area. There's no way to check for this.
  • Syri said:
    Is it possible to fish out an area? I've heard from others that you can, but I've never done it. Is it just really difficult?
    It's not very difficult at all with a mostly-automated fishing program. You can completely fish out rivers/lakes and then when you enter the room and survey, it'll say there's no fish. Oceans are a lot harder to tell, but it's possible to outfish them as well
  • Rispok said:
    Oceans are a lot harder to tell, but it's possible to outfish them as well
    Not completely. It will never get to a point where you can't catch any more fish in a location, you'll just have a reduced chance of catching fish there.
  • Do quests profit from not being done often, similar to how bashing does?

Does quest experience go up? Is this the norm for most quests, or rare?

Does the quest gold go up? Is this rare or not? (I think at least a few do that I've noticed, I could just be wrong)

Also, does the gold dropped from hunting odd things go up, or just the xp?
  • edited April 2013
    1) No. 

2) No.

3) No. 

4) Don't know. 

In my experience quest gold/exp is not adjusted unless the quest has been re-worked. I haven't found a quest with static numbers to it yet unless it was a corpse giving scenario. Which even then the amount per corpse is dynamic.  
  • I've been doing the same two corpse-turn-in quests for about two years, and on a full clear the amount of gold has been the same every time...
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • Generally, quests with higher payouts were randomised, while quests with lower payouts were kept static.
  • How significant is strength in Blademaster PvP and PvE? 
  • Tekk said:
    How significant is strength in Blademaster PvP and PvE? 
    For pvp, basically insignificant. It'll increase the damage of your slashes, and maybe the bleeding by a small amount, but not sure about that. Straight damage kills are usually not your best strategy, and any extra bleeding is going to be a small effect.
    For pve, strength will increase your dps somewhat, letting you kill more things in a given amount of time, but probably ultimately not as beneficial as extra con for staying alive. If you want numbers for drawslash damage versus strength, I posted some in the Miscellaneous Math/Testing thread a while back.
  • RuthRuth Singapore
    What's the difference between the apprentice positions and normal positions in UUC? Just induction privs, ya?
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    Ruth said:
    What's the difference between the apprentice positions and normal positions in UUC? Just induction privs, ya?
    Pretty much. Only Bambi / Lord Phaestus can appoint positions though. I think.

And I guess if someone is looking to learn from someone else, anyone that's a master of their trade is transcended.

• Ruth said:
    Pretty much? It just shows whether you're trans that craft or not.

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• XliXli
    edited April 2013
    Here's a couple of sentinel questions (@Rangor, I think you'd be best placed to answer):

Can a sentinel (or druid) be metamorphed and mounted at the same time? Does this have an impact on speed for physical attacks?

Are sentinels strength or intelligence based? (I guess strength for maul)

Nimble or Quick Witted?

For PvP, artefact axe, spear / trident, knuckles or dirk? If one, which? If two, which?

If summoned in lesserform, do class summoned loyals (wolf, lemming, etc) stay when dragonformed?

edit for another question
    Hiroma tells you, "I just got to listen to someone complain about your deadly axekick being the bane of their existence."
    Archdragon Mizik Corten, Herald of Ruin says, "Man, that was a big axk."
    Hellrazor Cain de Soulis, Sartan's Hammer says, "Your [sic] a beast."
  • edited April 2013
    morph/mount have no effect on each other (some attacks you will have to be unmounted for, i think)

strength based

never get an artie axe/spear/trident

you will never regret getting a dirk.  if you get a dirk it needs to be level 2 at least, although it's supposed to be downgraded soon so watch out for that

I'm not sure if I would get knuckles before diadem though...Dirk maybe

you lose animals when you dform.  Only requirement for summoning loyals is that you are in the forest when you summon them, though.

• edited April 2013
    ETA: Misread! Disregard; sorry if I spun you out @Jhui
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.