Quick Questions

Comments

• Penwize said:
    You can't change keywords through customisation. Although I could swear books were available somewhere, I just don't remember where.
    You can to a degree, if it's less specific and not more specific, i.e rapier -> blade. Journal -> book might work. Give it a try!

i'm a rebel

• edited July 2020
    Tesha said:
    Penwize said:
    You can't change keywords through customisation. Although I could swear books were available somewhere, I just don't remember where.
    You can to a degree, if it's less specific and not more specific, i.e rapier -> blade. Journal -> book might work. Give it a try!

...Occasionally. If yo don't get an approver who will vehemently argue with you that you can't do that, despite precedent already existing where you can, in fact, simplify like that. And the very helpfiles they try to reference, stating that you can do that...

I'll take, "What is consistency?" for 500, Alex.

Disappearing from Achaea for now. See you, space cowboy.

smileyface#8048 if you wanna chat.

• @MerietThere are absolutely journals that specifically have the keyword ‘book’ in both their title and item name/number: I’ve got one in my pack that I designed! 
  • Eoka said:
    @MerietThere are absolutely journals that specifically have the keyword ‘book’ in both their title and item name/number: I’ve got one in my pack that I designed! 
    How much did it cost to design it? And was it through the customisations email?
  • Is it possible for a reaction to change something in the appearance of an item?
    In short, I want to make scalemail I can TURN to change it from looking black to looking gold. Is that possible under the games code, regardless of how much it might cost to get the customisation done?
  • Should be possible. You’ll need to email customisations@achaea.com to do that though. I’ve made items that have reactions to syntax that revert after a moment, so this isn’t outside the realm of possibility. 

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Meriet said:
    Is it possible for a reaction to change something in the appearance of an item?
    In short, I want to make scalemail I can TURN to change it from looking black to looking gold. Is that possible under the games code, regardless of how much it might cost to get the customisation done?

Changing items should definitely be possible. Mathonwy's crow, I believe, changes its desc when it's slain. Transmogrifies into a chaos crow, then back if it's slain again. Can't see why they couldn't do the same with ordinary items.

Disappearing from Achaea for now. See you, space cowboy.

smileyface#8048 if you wanna chat.

• edited July 2020
    Meriet said:
    Is it possible for a reaction to change something in the appearance of an item?
    Yes this is possible (I have done it with an item), but not using a single command. You can have TURN change from desc A to desc B, but you would need to use something else to go from desc B back to desc A.

In terms of cost, will be at least 150 credits. 50 for desc A, 50 for desc B, 25 for the TURN reaction, 25 for the other reaction.
  • Aha, thank you! That's much less than I worried it'd be (I worried I'd have to embrasure+rondel a secondary scalemail... I'm still hoping I'll be able to just convert my current ringmail to scalemail once the change goes over).
  • So, I know that gold bought mounts can only be customised if collared and ONLY in description, but, if one were to buy an arte pet, but want it to apply to the existing mount, would that be possible? IE, have a mount, buy an arte pet that is mountable, make that arte pet take the place of the mount. Does this make sense?
  • Its also possible to have the appearance change triggered on external sources so that's a way you could go. Example : my figurehead changes appearance depending on time of day.
  • edited July 2020
    You can probably ask them to do something like delete your mount at the same time they deliver your pet.  That'd wind up being functionally the same as replacing, the only real difference there is your pet won't have the same id as your mount did, and will be missing whatever idle messages your mount has unless you pay to add those to the artie pet.  Your best bet is to just e-mail them at pets@achaea.com and ask.  They're pretty great about helping out with little personal story jumps like that if it's not too much work on their end.
  • Meriet said:
    Aha, thank you! That's much less than I worried it'd be (I worried I'd have to embrasure+rondel a secondary scalemail... I'm still hoping I'll be able to just convert my current ringmail to scalemail once the change goes over).
    I'd personally think they'd allow this change, since the change to armour is one on their end and not yours. But you just never know these days. Hoping they let you though, cause it'd suck  hard if you had to buy another set due to something outside your control.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    edited July 2020
    My sylvan has a plinth that changes appearance based on the time of day. It’s set to change at morning and night with a little ambient message responding to the sky.

My wings have three different appearances and each of those have two separate ambient messages. Changing the appearance is triggered manually and I think from memory, because it’s a while ago now, it might have cost me around 800cr all up for my wings. Plus they cannot be removed at all, so my chenubian wings are now my character’s actual wings.

If you have the ideas for things that like, it’s definitely doable. My biggest issue was getting the actual descriptions perfect and thankfully customisations can assist with that if you email them, it’s a service that is part of what you’re paying to get the work done. Not a lot of people are aware they can ask for help before submitting the request IG.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Kyrra said:
    My sylvan has a plinth that changes appearance based on the time of day. It’s set to change at morning and night with a little ambient message responding to the sky.

My wings have three different appearances and each of those have two separate ambient messages. Changing the appearance is triggered manually and I think from memory, because it’s a while ago now, it might have cost me around 800cr all up for my wings. Plus they cannot be removed at all, so my chenubian wings are now my character’s actual wings.

If you have the ideas for things that like, it’s definitely doable. My biggest issue was getting the actual descriptions perfect and thankfully customisations can assist with that if you email them, it’s a service that is part of what you’re paying to get the work done. Not a lot of people are aware they can ask for help before submitting the request IG.
    You think they'd allow this with normal wings? If you were willing to pay for it? (And if you're not an Atavian)
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Vhaynna said:
    Kyrra said:

You think they'd allow this with normal wings? If you were willing to pay for it? (And if you're not an Atavian)
    You’d have to ask them. It made sense in my request because of racial seasons. They’d have to make that call for a non-atavian. I don’t see Kyrra ever race changing to something else, but I suppose if I did in future, the wings would still be a part of her physique.

Or unless Hecate decides to cut them off in a jealous rage which should no longer be an issue since her husband left her. The fact that was even a threat so horrified me.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• edited July 2020
    Wrong thread!
  • Kyrra said:
    Plus they cannot be removed at all, so my chenubian wings are now my character’s actual wings.

Tempted to somehow get Pandora to curse Meriet like 'you wanna show off magpie wings so much? Fine, show them off' and make her wings unremovable now... 😂
  • what are the empty vats at the entrance of the cities used for?
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    So I've been playing this gemshorn for....seems like at least a RL year now, and just wondering if I"m missing something because each time I get the same message.

Raising a sun-bleached bone gemshorn to your lips, you masterfully play a complex but gentle tune,
    the soft lilt of the pastoral instrument pleasantly muted.
    With each note you play, you feel just a little bit more comfortable with the particulars of the
    instrument.

Are there aspects to this I just haven't discovered yet, I'm wondering?

• Kresslack said:
    So I've been playing this gemshorn for....seems like at least a RL year now, and just wondering if I"m missing something because each time I get the same message.

Raising a sun-bleached bone gemshorn to your lips, you masterfully play a complex but gentle tune,
    With each note you play, you feel just a little bit more comfortable with the particulars of the
    instrument.

You gain experience by playing it. Toot it enough to become a master blower of horns!
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Adrik said:
    Kresslack said:

instrument.

You gain experience by playing it. Toot it enough to become a master blower of horns!
    I think mine must be broken because it's been stuck on that particular message since I've gotten it, and I play it at least one an Achaean month when I can remember. 

• Meriet said:
    what are the empty vats at the entrance of the cities used for?
    They were from the second black wave (before the one where Cyrene got ganked)
    Cities had to dip cloaks in the vats in order for us to enter the underrealm and mount an invasion. That’s what the anzari-tarin honours line is from on some players.
  • edited July 2020
    Can any democratic clan have housing transferred to them, or only highclans? Also, are family clans democratic/can they be?
  • edited July 2020
    Are the places listed in Announce news #3931 still the only places that drop Dragon talisman pieces or has there been additions over the past few years?
  • Question to those with arte pets/mounts:
    Do you have a special reaction for calling it into your inventory? Especially with large arte pets that, logically, shouldn't be able to be stuffed in to a backpack? ie, a horse or wolf?
  • Ryssa said:
    Question to those with arte pets/mounts:
    Do you have a special reaction for calling it into your inventory? Especially with large arte pets that, logically, shouldn't be able to be stuffed in to a backpack? ie, a horse or wolf?
    Hi Ryssa! It's not a special reaction actually. If you simply tell your pet (meaning you can send TELLs to it, so no Yggdrasil, off plane, etc) "Come here" it will appear in your inventory.

From there, you can make reactions for certain people to be able to do this in a similar fashion.  Petunia, for instance, comes to my allies who tell her "Petunia, c'mere."

You can also direct it's movements from afar with tells with "Go <Direction>" and can cause it to EMOTE pre-motes or EMOTE EMOTE (custom emote).
  • @Adrik awesomeness! that's pretty helpful.
    I mainly just don't want it to be like 'Ryssa drops horse' when i take it out from my inventory, lol

allies summoning it though is a cool idea
  • My pets never go to my inventory.  They reset to my clouds room, and I can tell them to come to me so they teleport to my room instead of to my inventory.  I find the notion of me just randomly dropping 5 giant eagles to be a bit silly, so I avoid that as much as possible!  Besides, they're big eagles, they can get around just fine on their own.

@Dunn's dog Naram is the same if I recall correctly.  He can call Naram to his room, and Naram resets to the bog of Ashtan.  Don't think I've ever seen him drop him.
  • Penwize said:
     I find the notion of me just randomly dropping 5 giant eagles to be a bit silly, so I avoid that as much as possible!  Besides, they're big eagles, they can get around just fine on their own.

@Dunn's dog Naram is the same if I recall correctly.  He can call Naram to his room, and Naram resets to the bog of Ashtan.  Don't think I've ever seen him drop him.
    Exactly! It's just illogical, and silly, to drop a half ton quadruped. 

There's only one room I'd want it to reset to, one of Ryssa favorite places in a forest, which is the same room Spyrna was killed in... I heard that cost a lot though? And since it's in a forest, and claimable by a druid, it may conflict with things.