Quick Questions

Comments

• I gotta say I disagree with the idea that Cyrene isn't strict. The couple times I tried alting there I felt like I had to triple check before I hunted anywhere to make sure it wasn't banned or heavily discouraged. I mean, yea it's lenient in that you don't have to join a House but beyond that it seems like there's rules governing everything.
  • Man I always want to reply to these questions with thoughtful answers, but then i realize that everyone’s just trying to sell their org so we can have new blood.

Come to Hashan. We have Darkness.

And Binward. No one can compare to Binward.
  • @Eryl I'd love to hear the thoughtful answer regardless, if you feel like writing it out. I'm sure many newbies find this kind of conversation useful when they're on the fence about what to join.

It's natural to interpret every response as being biased toward its own organization. But depending on what is highlighted and the suggestions people make, it's still informative and helps us make a better choice.
  • Honestly just find people worth playing with over orgs, you absolutely do not need them comparative to what players offer instead. If you find the org okay but the people suck it's not better than a shit org but good people.
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    I should talk to you more.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Ietre said:
    I gotta say I disagree with the idea that Cyrene isn't strict. The couple times I tried alting there I felt like I had to triple check before I hunted anywhere to make sure it wasn't banned or heavily discouraged. I mean, yea it's lenient in that you don't have to join a House but beyond that it seems like there's rules governing everything.
    Honestly, I can't remember the last time I bothered checking what areas were 'off limits', so I couldn't even tell you what they are. Only one I could perhaps think of is places like the Dwarven Camp and Inhbir Ness, or any of the Dwarven places. No one has ever said anything to me about hunting places.

• You'd only get grunts like the rest of us.. 

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • I swear the last time I played Runes (Laguz, Lagua, and Lagul) affected weapon stats. Is this no longer the case? When did it get removed? Thanks!
  • Eolin said:
    I swear the last time I played Runes (Laguz, Lagua, and Lagul) affected weapon stats. Is this no longer the case? When did it get removed? Thanks!

Got changed when the weaponmastery rework happened.
    Extra bleeding on it (I think this is the one that also occasionally numbs arms for blunt weapons).
    Extra disembowel damage.
    Extra limb damage.

I forget which is which, but yah that's what they do now.

Disappearing from Achaea for now. See you, space cowboy.

smileyface#8048 if you wanna chat.

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    edited September 2020
    Got a card sleeve that says it's for Achaean Legends, but when I go to unwrap it, says that set doesn't exist. I'm not too familiar with the card sets. Is this a bug?

EDIT: Nvm, figured it out after reading the help scroll.

• Does anyone happen to know about Seasone's pocketflasks, and what they do specifically? I did try to snoop around IG, but no one seems to know. 
    I could be just completely missing it, but I could find anything in the news or wiki, either.  :confused:

Oh, this is what happened when I drank it:

"You feel your temper sharpen."

I don't see any increase in stats, no new defences that I can tell. By the word of temper, kind of assume battlerage increase?
  • Iohanna said:
    Does anyone happen to know about Seasone's pocketflasks, and what they do specifically? I did try to snoop around IG, but no one seems to know. 
    I could be just completely missing it, but I could find anything in the news or wiki, either.  :confused:

Oh, this is what happened when I drank it:

"You feel your temper sharpen."

I don't see any increase in stats, no new defences that I can tell. By the word of temper, kind of assume battlerage increase?
    Enjoy not having battlerage for 1 irl hour.
  • Thank you for letting me know. Yeah. I'm not gaining more than 13 rage before it drops.

That feels pretty bad knowing I spent 10k on a debuff, but that leads me to believe not all flasks are debuffs?

Otherwise I suppose it's a gag purchase to 'perform force drink flask' on a victim? Rip.
  • Iohanna said:
    Thank you for letting me know. Yeah. I'm not gaining more than 13 rage before it drops.

That feels pretty bad knowing I spent 10k on a debuff, but that leads me to believe not all flasks are debuffs?

Otherwise I suppose it's a gag purchase to 'perform force drink flask' on a victim? Rip.
    One turns you into an actual hypochondriac. You can DIAG for free, but each time you do you gain a random affliction (That is shown on that diag, and that actually afflicts you).

One turns all says/whispers/etc into YELLs (blocks usage of raido/duanathar, etc)

One teleports you into a greathunt cave, which can potentially insta-gib you.

One removes the ability to gain battlerage beyond 13ish. (It's 'working as intended'.)

Another causes you to gain 2~3 celerity, at the cost of taking 1~15% of your health every room you move (on a sliding scale of how much celerity you've used already).

One will make you gain/lose health/mana at random. In reality, I think it might just be 'lose' and my regen is outpacing it.

Should you ever by Seasone flasks from her for 10k per? Absolutely not. Just spend 500k~ish gold to get a Bakios card. Infinitely just as useful. (I know I've used my bakios card more than 200 times at this point)
  • edited September 2020
    Adrik said:
    Iohanna said:
    Thank you for letting me know. Yeah. I'm not gaining more than 13 rage before it drops.

One turns you into an actual hypochondriac. You can DIAG for free, but each time you do you gain a random affliction (That is shown on that diag, and that actually afflicts you).

One turns all says/whispers/etc into YELLs (blocks usage of raido/duanathar, etc)

One removes the ability to gain battlerage beyond 13ish. (It's 'working as intended'.)

Another causes you to gain 2~3 celerity, at the cost of taking 1~15% of your health every room you move (on a sliding scale of how much celerity you've used already).

One will make you gain/lose health/mana at random. In reality, I think it might just be 'lose' and my regen is outpacing it.

Should you ever by Seasone flasks from her for 10k per? Absolutely not. Just spend 500k~ish gold to get a Bakios card. Infinitely just as useful. (I know I've used my bakios card more than 200 times at this point)
    They apparently all have an upside and a downside. Not all upsides have been found.

The rage one increases rage gain by 50% or so but the rage timer is down to 1-1.5s. Might be useful in groups if you stagger everyones attacks so you're always gaining, I could also keep it up with shaman swiftcurse.

The health loss one also gives you health regen. So it will tick tick slowly down and then bump up 5-10% or so.

There is one that makes you fly (consumes no balance and is instant) but then you cannot land manually until it wears off.
  • These are super funky and interesting! As a long time player, I've been making a real effort lately to experience/see brand new things that remind me of what it feels like to be a novice. You guys are the unsung heroes of Achaea, as far as I'm concerned, and I really appreciate you taking the time to help. I'll see about buying a Bakios card! Meeting my demise at a GH cave for a chance to discover some more upsides and downsides sounds like a blast. Thank you again guys.
  • Taryius said:
    Adrik said:
    Iohanna said:

They apparently all have an upside and a downside. Not all upsides have been found.

The rage one increases rage gain by 50% or so but the rage timer is down to 1-1.5s. Might be useful in groups if you stagger everyones attacks so you're always gaining, I could also keep it up with shaman swiftcurse.

The health loss one also gives you health regen. So it will tick tick slowly down and then bump up 5-10% or so.

There is one that makes you fly (consumes no balance and is instant) but then you cannot land manually until it wears off.
    For the float one... Just DIVE.
  • The celerity one isn't 2-3 celerity, either. It's infinite celerity. You just have to not kill yourself. I love it.
  • Is it worth spending the rage on your attack that receives a damage boost from an affliction without the mob having it? 
  • No.       

• On the other hand, it is absolutely worth spending the rage on that attack if they DO have the afflictions. It's some really weird super scaling bullshit that does like at least 3% damage even to the beefiest of super mobs.
  • Any blademasters had any luck having their arte armours turned into scalemail? Starting to think i might have to just get the 50% refund trade-in and save up with forays for a new rondel or smth
  • Atalkez did, after messaging Makarios directly instead of waiting for an issue.

• But that requires confrontation 😱

Glad to hear it though
  • No need to call Mak names in the message, just ask nice  :)
  • I knoooow, but talking to anyone in any position of power about anything terrifies the living daylights out of me. 😓

How my brain thinks the conversation will go:

To Makarios: Hi, might I please have a refund on my rondel so I can place it in some scalemail? Thank you.

To Meriet: No, and just for asking you're now permanently banned you selfish somethingorother, etc etc.

Which I know is entirely silly, but brains be fearing what they fear. 😅

I'll try and steel myself and send something in in a little bit though.
  • General policy in cases like this is usually that they will either give you a full refund or exchange it for the replacement. I guess they are still a little slow cause issues are supposed to be the avenue for this as well.
  • Can just confirm admin are amazing with artefacts. I've had one swapped when I bought the wrong paragon, another straight up refunded when I'd used it for about an hour and realised it wasn't what I thought it was. No complaints, no fuss, just a timely resolution :)

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."