Quick Questions

Comments

• How does one set up an auto target trigger for when you're attacked by another player? I'm an absolute fumble fingers when attacked and not expecting it, and all combat training flies out the window.
  • That's impossible without harvesting every possible attack line in the game. If you do want to do that, though, just make that line the trigger, replace the aggressor with a wildcard, and have the trigger execute whatever your target setting alias is with the aggressor as the argument. 

As I said though, that'll work for that one attack. You want more, you'll need to grab more and more lines.
  • Armali said:
    That's impossible without harvesting every possible attack line in the game. 
    Oof... Welp, gonna have to find a different fast way to set players as targets then...
  • What are you typing right now to set your targets? And what client/system do you use? You can write an alias and take advantage of tab completion to more smoothly target, but a lot of this is just going to come down to with practice and experience. 
  • st <target> is the fastest, or tab button, and I use Nexus. I always get lost in the lists of names, and fumble fingers to where I can't even type ts for touch shield..
  • edited December 2020
    Yeah, I'm afraid that's just something that'll come with time. I have over 15 years PK experience in IRE games, and I'll still stumble every so often when I'm in a fight and stuff will get misspelled. If you can, ask someone in your city to help you maybe set up an alias to reduce 'st <target>' to just 't <target>', and then put yourself out there with your citymates and get involved in arena stuff or practice so you become more comfortable with the situations where you have to do that kind of thing.

Another thing you can do is go back over your logs and see how exactly you're misspelling things - and then make those aliases for what you intended to do too. So if you constantly misspell 'ts' as like, 'ta' or 'rs' or something, then just make those aliases for 'touch shield' as well. 
  • edited December 2020
    Can you not do a clickable list of WHO HERE in Nexus (not familiar with the coding abilities of folks or what is possible on Nexus)?

Just set it to OnClick("<alias to set target>")  or even a seperate window of who is in the room using GMCP that is clickable?

• I don't know about you, but taking my hands off the keyboard, grabbing the mouse, visually searching for the button in question, then clicking on it, then moving my hands back to my keyboard and situating them correctly, is a lot slower than typing out a one letter alias and a name.
  • Use defensive actions and/or disengage. Use any time you're off balance or equilibrium to then target since you can't do anything. Commence the beat down or flailing as applicable. @Ryssa
  • edited December 2020
    I'm trying to remember but does pressing the up key in nexus also show previously inputted commands? What I do in mudlet before engaging is target all likely enemies and just use the up autofill function to go back to them when I need to swap.

@Ryssa
  • Armali said:
    I don't know about you, but taking my hands off the keyboard, grabbing the mouse, visually searching for the button in question, then clicking on it, then moving my hands back to my keyboard and situating them correctly, is a lot slower than typing out a one letter alias and a name.

I don't use the mouse either.. I was just suggesting it because trying to see who hit you in 'screen spam' can be difficult.  So having everyone's name in a seperate window is handy, but then you need a way to take advantage quickly... was just thinking if you type slow, clicking may be better.  Results may vary I suppose

• A GUI element to track people in room is a good idea.
  • @Caelan @Armali In Nexus, there is a little corner window showing who and what's in a room, from player, then mobs, then items. But yeah, pinning down a name in attack spam and then clicking the name would take longer. And there is the up arrow see last command, @Kaden , but tab will go through the possible mob targets, not players. Smacked my aklan accidentally cuz of that before.
    @Mindshell Agreed, with the defensive or disengage. I just need to get through the initial brain freeze when attacked @_@
  • Space + Tab cycles targets through players in room on Nexus, @Ryssa
  • What exactly is a darkbow? Is it like the Achaean equivalent of a recurve bow? Would I be penalized in describing a darkbow in having similar build and design as a recurve bow? What is the tactical or RP difference in an Achaean longbow and darkbow?
  • @Nicola @Ictinus hiya achaea team, we will get back the ability to use the forums search function with more than just 10 results? Is that a feature that can return? Thank you very much
  • Jovolo said:
    @Nicola @Ictinus hiya achaea team, we will get back the ability to use the forums search function with more than just 10 results? Is that a feature that can return? Thank you very much

Unlikely, we don't control the folks at Vanilla, we're at their mercy.
  • Awh okay no problem, thank you for the response. Damn Vanilla
  • edited December 2020
    You can walk your search results back by date range.
  • do we know when gold stocking fill hello i am grateful but i do like shiny things full of shiny things
  • 1 minute after you logoff to go to sleep tonight.
  • On a scale from 1 to LOL... how redundant is a scrying bowl when you have a hood of the Sphinx?
  • It is useless, if you have an old one you can trade it in per an announce like 6 months ago for full price.
  • Accipiter said:
    It is useless, if you have an old one you can trade it in per an announce like 6 months ago for full price.
    I have an old one and I'm being offered 10 bound credits. :(
  • Wait, I see. Never mind. Thanks!
  • TALISMAN POWERS doesn't list my searedglyph (or anything but dragon, for that matter) nor does probing my armour. Should I be concerned?
  • Did you attach it correctly? Needs to be put on an SoA, or artifact armour that has an absorb paragon in it.

Disappearing from Achaea for now. See you, space cowboy.

smileyface#8048 if you wanna chat.

• @Saonji it is attached to armour with the absorb paragon.
  • Talisman powers are for the extra thing that you get sometimes for completing a set if I remember right. Only two sets have it, dragon and death.
  • Does fishing have anything to do with strength? I keep getting the answer "I don't know, but I don't think it does anymore"