Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Quick Questions

Comments

• TjayTjay Posts: 52Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Cooper said:
    The bonus experience that you get from great hunts is also a multiplier.

Under that bonus:

IRE = 50%
    Profithyst = 80%
    etc

With the right investment of in game items you could probably go from 1 to dragon in a real life day during a great hunt.

I don't see how to be honest.

• KayeilKayeil Washington StatePosts: 2,805Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Anyone know what the contenders bouquet looks like yet? Doesn't matter which city, though Cyrene would be preferable.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• KriexKriex Posts: 147Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Tjay said:
    Cooper said:
    The bonus experience that you get from great hunts is also a multiplier.

Under that bonus:

IRE = 50%
    Profithyst = 80%
    etc

With the right investment of in game items you could probably go from 1 to dragon in a real life day during a great hunt.

I don't see how to be honest.
    With just 188% bonus (orb + my elite) i got 50% xp at lvl 90 in an hour hunting mirror caves and annwyn. Add in great hunt bonus, life enhancement, chocolates, and profithyst you looking at (iirc) 450%+.

Add in puppet leech on like 5 people hunting as well in the great hunt and you could easily do it in 24 hours assuming you had enough stuff to last the 24 hours and hunted non stop
  • KietKiet Posts: 2,878Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    You'd need 1000% bonus xp to do dragon in ~27 hours assuming 300 hours as the fastest I've ever seen (and that was with profithyst). Leeching can obv make that faster though.
  • XadenXaden Posts: 2,315Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Who has done dragon in 300 hours?
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

The one that had the record (afaik) at like 19, forgot their name. They had mentor line by the end, which is 300 hours of playtime. Given they basically bashed 100% of the time they were online it's a close estimate probably.
    Kiet said:
    The one that had the record (afaik) at like 19, forgot their name. They had mentor line by the end, which is 300 hours of playtime. Given they basically bashed 100% of the time they were online it's a close estimate probably.
    Wasn't it Matias, Cathy before him, and Nehmrah before her?

Matias/Cathy got it really fast, but the 19 year old was the one that came later, joined Targ then retired with elder, I believe?
    Kiet said:
    Matias/Cathy got it really fast, but the 19 year old was the one that came later, joined Targ then retired with elder, I believe?
    I must've missed that one then. Crazy.

• DunnDunn The great Buffalo tundraPosts: 5,961Member, Secret Squirrel @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Nemutaur was a machine.

Kyrra
  • XadenXaden Posts: 2,315Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Kiet said:
    Matias holds record (19 and 4 months).

Aeriel may be the one you're thinking of, got it at 20, got elder, fell out with Aodfionn, quit Targ, went to Mhaldor, retired? 
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

oh, okay, I got those backwards, then. Still, had mentor line when dragon iirc.
  • EkinEkin Posts: 11Member
    Is there a way to change the sex of your character? I think Aetolia had it in gem of transmutation or something.
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the StormPosts: 2,967Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Ekin said:
    Is there a way to change the sex of your character? I think Aetolia had it in gem of transmutation or something.
    Not outside of a boon, AFAIK

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • AntoniusAntonius Posts: 4,527Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Ekin said:
    Outside of the occasional auction item (or pissing off an admin), no.
  • TjayTjay Posts: 52Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Brb. Multi classing Shaman.

• EkinEkin Posts: 11Member
    Thanks for the quick answers!

One more question - is there a command to hide clothing? Eg. character is wearing a shirt, a jacket, and a cloak. Is there a way to make it so when someone looks, they only see the cloak? I've noticed this happens automatically with some things, underwear being the most obvious case.
  • RackhamRackham Posts: 56Member ✭✭ - Stalwart
    Naw, things just layer. Like, my bracelet is covered by my jacket! It's not an option I don't think.
  • CailinCailin Posts: 192Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Bracelets are an option though, @Rackham. When someone designs the jacket, they can choose to UNCOVER ARMS, or not.
    edited April 6
    Well, I wasn't aware of the design choice. But, that's not an option you can randomly toggle right? Not like raising or lowering the hood of a cloak?

Edit: now I'd really like to have the option to roll up my sleeves...
    No, you can't toggle it. It would have to be redesigned. Rolling up sleeves is a pretty nifty idea though!
    I just really like my bracelet that nobody ever sees! 
  • SobriquetSobriquet Posts: 1,998Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Cailin said:
    No, you can't toggle it. It would have to be redesigned. Rolling up sleeves is a pretty nifty idea though!
    I could buy a suit and roll the sleeves up to relive the 80's
    Xias
  • GarnerGarner Posts: 16Member ✭✭ - Stalwart
    Sobriquet said:
    Cailin said:
    I could buy a suit and roll the sleeves up to relive the 80's

SobriquetXias
  • SobriquetSobriquet Posts: 1,998Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    That' exactly what I looked like 
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, FloridaPosts: 4,802Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    There used to be some sort of buttons at the bottom of every thread page that could easily redirect you to either the section of the forums you are in, or to the forums in general. That has disappeared. It has made navigating then forums on browser a lot more damn annoying.

Also, there's no longer an option to "mute" a section via the little gear anymore. This does not effect me at all, I just noticed it.

Between this and the lack of ability to change certain parts of your profile now, I feel like the forums are somehow slowly regressing and losing functionality bit by bit. Has anyone else noticed the above, or anything else? Have the admin ever gotten any info on any of it?
    "You have had an extraordinary adventure, my dear. Extraordinary! One that few people could ever imagine. Treasure it. Keep it safe and secure, tucked away in some special place in your heart. 

But... don't spend the rest of your days chasing a ghost."
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess BellaterePosts: 2,744Member, Seafaring Liason @@ - Legendary Achaean
    I noticed that the links at the bottom of the thread disappeared. I thought I was imagining things >_>

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, FloridaPosts: 4,802Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited April 15
    It's driving me crazy. D:
    "You have had an extraordinary adventure, my dear. Extraordinary! One that few people could ever imagine. Treasure it. Keep it safe and secure, tucked away in some special place in your heart. 

But... don't spend the rest of your days chasing a ghost."
    Antidas
    I just have forums.achaea.com/discussions saved as a bookmark, since Recent Discussions is what I care about - so for me it's just one click. I don't know if that would suit your purposes or not.
  • IsmayIsmay Posts: 539Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    How long does the great hunt last? I’m at work and was hoping to get in a little more when I get off.
Sign In to Comment.