Quick Questions

Comments

• Kinilan said:
    Strider is your best bet.

Galleys are useless. Their rate of turn is so bad that you'll never keep any other ship in range unless they go in a straight line.

Cutters can fight and not just through boarding. But not as well as a Strider. Their offensive options are a bit more limited. Their high rate of turn helps but rate of turn alone won't keep you safe. Their ability to sail farther into the wind doesn't help at all. They aren't as useless as people think.
    I've wondered about the benefit of being able to sail closer to the wind. Is it not a noticeable speed difference at all, or just not enough to be at all useful? Certainly didn't seem to do me a lot of good last time you chased me around.
  • I've never bothered to note the speed of a Cutter as it sails into the wind compared to my speed in a Strider. I can tell you that sailing into the wind by itself has never saved anyone from me.
  • edited September 2012
    Peak said:
    @Sena will probably know this.

If fullplate protection is 100+/100+, is each number after the 100 redundant? 
    THE RESULTS ARE IN:
    Drawslash damage from a level 104 BM while wearing no armour: 519
    while wearing a fullplate set with 100 cutting protection: 350
    while wearing a fullplate set with 116 cutting protection: 326
  • Is IGNORE considered an OOC action in the same sense as SNUB was? Not advocating (nor asking about) the use of it as a crymoar button.
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • Sylvance said:
    Is IGNORE considered an OOC action in the same sense as SNUB was? Not advocating (nor asking about) the use of it as a crymoar button.
    No.
  • If only I knew which one to believe.

Party right, party hard,

Sing and dance, perfect bard.

Prefarar loop, accentato whore,

Buy a new rapier, get nerfed some more.

• edited September 2012
    Sylvance said:

Is IGNORE considered an OOC action in the same sense as SNUB was? Not advocating (nor asking about) the use of it as a crymoar button.

Maybe

• I actually don't really consider it an OOC action, but treat it as if it is. I'll probably only use it if someone's spamming tells to me or something. Makes IC sense that I should be able to shut off those telepathic channels if they're bugging me, right?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    e^(iπ) + 1 = 0
  • To be OOC you'd need to Ignore with ALL your characters.
  • I don't think it really works like that.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • edited September 2012
    Wala said:
    To be OOC you'd need to Ignore with ALL your characters.
    For issues or bug reports to be OOC you'd need to issue and bug the same thing with all your characters too then? :P

In seriousness though: You are ignoring for an OOC reason, but that doesn't necessitate ignoring the person with all your characters, if your other characters aren't being bothered by that same person. If Bob harasses Sally in tells, he might not harass Sally's alt George at all, because he probably doesn't know it's Sally's alt and might never have met the George character at all.
  • For me it is very easy, I just ignore everybody. I live by myself in the forest. But what makes you think someone more normal can't ignore in character? Characters are all so nice and interesting?
  • Ignoring all of what someone says/does to and around you doesn't seem very realistic. Choosing to not acknowledge/respond to a person is ic, not seeing them at all is pretty ooc.

Party right, party hard,

• There are many people I don't see, but I have not ignored them!

You won't see someone if you ignore them?
  • edited September 2012
    You won't see emotes, including targeted emotes. Which from an ic perspective are just as real as a dsl.

If I walk into your room and defecate on your shoes and you don't see that (aren't even given the chance to decide whether or not you wish to respond), then there is some ooc barrier affecting your character's perception of reality in game.

Party right, party hard,

• Thanks Zeon. (Join Shallam.)

• Wala confirmed for crazy/stupid. 

• I've had an idea. If I ever want to ignore someone, I'll come here and ask you if I can. 

Is that how it works?
  • edited September 2012
    @Wala: The "don't be a jerk" rule also has an unwritten caveat: "don't be thin-skinned." They're rules that aren't limited to the domain of PvP.

Ignore is the snub of an RP-PK era. It's basically snub-lite -- diet snub -- snubs with benefits. The original meaning and intent haven't changed, nor has the emphasis on in-character resolution (of which this is arguably not a part). If someone's spewing vitriol and generally being a pest, though, feel free to ignore... once all other options have been exhausted.
  • SherazadSherazad Planef Urth
    Does anyone know what the changes on extraction are?
    Bleh, work ate my gaming life.
    내가 제일 잘 나가!!!111!!1

• I'll be testing them in a little while. Just checked evaluate, it was reduced to 1 second of eq (0.9s with quick-witted).
  • Extract costs 20 mana, 10 endurance, 10 willpower. Before the change it was 100 mana and 10 willpower.
  • Oh wow. That's quite a significant change.
  • Question: Why has my icon changed? I was quite attached to my old icon :'(
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • Are the forums making Chrome mad for anyone else?
  • SherazadSherazad Planef Urth
    Mannimar said:
    Are the forums making Chrome mad for anyone else?
    Mine is doing okay. :D
    Bleh, work ate my gaming life.
    내가 제일 잘 나가!!!111!!1

• Here's my quick question, or more like "quick pondering": How big is Achaea? In gigabytes, I mean. If you wanted to take everything--all the characters, news posts, rooms, journals, and of course the Rapture engine and all the coding--how large of a hard drive would you need? Anyone know if this question has ever been answered? Alternately, would someone who's good at estimation like to take a shot at it?