League of Legends

Comments

• Curious though - how does Riven fare nowadays in NA? I play SE Asia LoL via the Garena client, and Riven does fine with her mobility and her painful skills. 

• [3:44:15 AM] Joey Ng Also Jobesworthy: a game
    [3:44:18 AM] Joey Ng Also Jobesworthy: of 23 kills
    [3:44:21 AM] Joey Ng Also Jobesworthy: 0 deaths
    [3:44:28 AM] Joey Ng Also Jobesworthy: clearly riven is balanced
    [3:44:37 AM] Sean Crockford: non AI game?
    [3:44:38 AM] Sean Crockford: wow
    [3:44:45 AM] Joey Ng Also Jobesworthy: yep
    [3:44:47 AM] Joey Ng Also Jobesworthy: real dudes
  • RuthRuth Singapore
    Riven hurts so much, in the hands of a good player. If I play top, I always fear going against her. Not too different from Garena LoL.
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• Riven works both as bunnygirl and bouncer in bars. :D

• edited November 2012
    Riven is, simply put, the best champion in League of Legends. She's mobile, she hurts, she does well in lane and in teamfights, can go jungle or top, and most importantly, she is the sexiest champion, hands down. No objections.

League of Legends: IA ROCKS (NA)
    Guild Wars 2: erasariel.1532 - Devona's Rest (NA)
    Final Fantasy XIV: Novi Selea - Cactuar (NA)
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ErasarielOfAchaea/
    Achaea: Erasariel (duh!)
  • Riven does really poorly in Jungle atm, clear times to horribly slow to start, easy to counter.

On the plus side, Riven's high mobility skillset means that even in bad matchups, she can do well if you play skillfully enough. Is she unbeatable? No, there are plenty of champs that do very well against her. Most people at top level don't play her anymore because the 'best' champions right now do really well against her, so she's rarely in a good place top lane.
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• Jarrod said:
    Riven does really poorly in Jungle atm, clear times to horribly slow to start, easy to counter.

On the plus side, Riven's high mobility skillset means that even in bad matchups, she can do well if you play skillfully enough. Is she unbeatable? No, there are plenty of champs that do very well against her. Most people at top level don't play her anymore because the 'best' champions right now do really well against her, so she's rarely in a good place top lane.

Favorite fun time - With Ionian boots/Brutalizer, I was able to run away from a three-man gank. Spammable Valour/Ki Burst/Broken Wings was hilarious.

• I.. Nami....  Squeeeeee!!
  • Doesn't matter, leet.

Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• Heimerdinger is such a beast. Have won lane so easily with Heimerdinger/Mundo against every champ combination thrown at us. Think I might be dragging down our opponent's level though. I'm level 13 and all the people I play with are almost 30.
  • That makes me sad, so I will give you a forum honour of liking your post.
  • *golfclap*
  • Support generally gets no love. Even when you do an awesome job at supporting and effectively win the game(because, no one else will frigging ward >.>) you get no recognition. But when you screw up just a little, everyone is down your throat about how horrible a support you are. Hell, if the ADC dies because they were an idiot trying to duel the enemy ADC, they blame you for sucking bad. (there's the rare instance where they actually say "my bad, nice try")

Support. Hardly anyone wants to play it, and everyone wants to rage against 'em.

Also, as for Riven, she's (generally) easily countered by armour. Most people usually follow the same build order over and over and that's why they generally have a hard time against Riven. Then she gets fed and then she gets tanky and mobile and fearsome and you're screwed. Build armour early, shut Riven down. And ward so she can't run off and gank mid to get fed off of them.
    When Canada rules the world,
    things will be... nii~ice.
  • Daklore said:
    Support generally gets no love. Even when you do an awesome job at supporting and effectively win the game(because, no one else will frigging ward >.>) you get no recognition. But when you screw up just a little, everyone is down your throat about how horrible a support you are. Hell, if the ADC dies because they were an idiot trying to duel the enemy ADC, they blame you for sucking bad. (there's the rare instance where they actually say "my bad, nice try")

Support. Hardly anyone wants to play it, and everyone wants to rage against 'em.

Also, as for Riven, she's (generally) easily countered by armour. Most people usually follow the same build order over and over and that's why they generally have a hard time against Riven. Then she gets fed and then she gets tanky and mobile and fearsome and you're screwed. Build armour early, shut Riven down. And ward so she can't run off and gank mid to get fed off of them.
    The big problem that I have when it comes to good vs bad supports, is that middle ground supports are horrible. I would much rather have a support that just stood next to me and did literally nothing but heal me and run away from the enemy that needlessly attack minions and try (and fail) to harass the enemies and take a bunch of needless damage and/or die.

Now, actually good supports I'll recognize. Where they know how to zone the enemy, how to hit early under tower, and how to generally assist me in lane while I farm/harass the enemies. I'll generally tell them so if they're good, because I good support makes playing ADC so much better.

• Daklore said:
    Support generally gets no love. Even when you do an awesome job at supporting and effectively win the game(because, no one else will frigging ward >.>) you get no recognition. But when you screw up just a little, everyone is down your throat about how horrible a support you are. Hell, if the ADC dies because they were an idiot trying to duel the enemy ADC, they blame you for sucking bad. (there's the rare instance where they actually say "my bad, nice try")

Will be honest here, I've usually followed mobafire build guides when I was starting off. But I've now been trying to adapt Riven's build based on enemy compositions(general usage - boots + 3 red sodashealing potions in general, cloth armor + 5 healing potions against people like Darius on start, etc.). Still haven't reached summoner level 20 or 30, so I avoid runing up for now to jungle(heard it's gonna get nerfed anyway).

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    needs double swords

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Jungle isn't getting nerfed, per se... it's getting made harder with better gold return(supposedly, it'll take a while to beat current jungle, but global passive gold gain is increasing as well, I think they said it's 13 per 10 seconds now, and it'll be 18 per 10, or something?). So it may make some existing junglers not as viable while making it better for some not-as-viable junglers currently. Karthus is rumoured to do quite well in the new jungle(he was viable in the current jungle, from what I hear, but probably something of a troll pick)
  • Having tried new jungle, let's just say it's quite different. I've only tried Shyvana jungle on PBE, and frankly her clear times were hit, hard. Haven't tried with Udyr, but I think that'd be the same as well.

League of Legends: IA ROCKS (NA)
    Guild Wars 2: erasariel.1532 - Devona's Rest (NA)
    Final Fantasy XIV: Novi Selea - Cactuar (NA)
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ErasarielOfAchaea/
    Achaea: Erasariel (duh!)
  • Mishgul said:
    needs double swords

Oh my gawd @Mishgul, you freaking nooblord.

NOOBLORD
    NOOBLORD
    NOOBLORD
    NOOBLORD

(Damn you, made me watch that Pro as Heck Master Yi Guide again)

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Gods, I sign into LoL for the first time in about a month, carry the team, and they start trying to flame for 'not being a team player'. Every team battle they head into, I would be there and they would all back out without engaging, leaving me to still kill 1-2 of the other team because, hey, thought I had a team with me. The LoL community is pretty shit.

• It can be at times, yes. I've had similiar games. I'm the tank(Malphite, obviously), I see a perfect opening for unstoppable force, I know my team is -right there-... so I ult in, die, and my team has fallen back to nexus turrets. Like.... what?

Or the games when I'm ADC and our tanks will NOT initiate. And I mean I'm a freaking well fed ADC. I have my BT, PD, and IE while the enemy ADC only has an IE and zeal. I can litterally melt their entire team and my team will -not- engage. And every bone in my body wants me to engage myself, but.... since I'm ADC, I'd be melted on contact with five people who want me dead the most.

Pre-mades are both the best, and the worst. Best because you know the people and know they got your back(hell, when Era, Carmain and I trio, we're often always together in a trio when team fights are breaking out. The rest of the team is off dicking around, we're making kills and capturing objectives)... but it's also worse because you're -also- playing against a pre-made on the other team. If they're competent -and- using skype chat, or mumble, or teamspeak, then you're pretty much frakked. (Also hate it when I get scrubbed into a four man pre-made and the enemy four man pre-made just outplays us every step of the way.)
  • I try not to play without a full team of 5 people on Skype. LoL community is terrible.
  • edited November 2012

Kresslack said:
    'not being a team player'
    Gotta be more flexible, @Kresslack. You need to synergise. Are you a part of the dynamic? If you aren't leveraging your assets to grow the team, you aren't part of the necessary diverse and sustainable paradigm. At the end of the day, you need to break through and reach out, if you want a win-win outcome.
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    I prefer playing with 2s or 3s.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • @Daklore: I usually play in blind picks(yes, I am a brave person), and while I get crap partners at times, there are those moments when my Riven goes top with Darius, we just say 'know what to do?' 'yeah', and everything just falls into place. It was fantastic.

• @Synbios: Were you smoking a cigar and saying, "I love it when a plan comes together." in the post-game chat? >P

• Game as killstealcrank with mishgul and Xer

soloq as nonselfish supportcrank.  4 early kills bot lane, a little too fast.

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    If you guys are on Skype or something, add me. Tired of playing with randoms. unsterblich1

• Daklore said:
    @Synbios: Were you smoking a cigar and saying, "I love it when a plan comes together." in the post-game chat? >P

Something of that sort, yeah. 

Other highlights of today's LoLing - Start of match - me(Riven) and Leona go top. Still 30 seconds till minions spawn. We visit the brush, find a solo Darius. He...was afk. We...were not. We metaphorically looked at each other with an understanding gleam in our eyes. 

Scored a first blood before we even got minions out. Laughs were had all around(among our team, that is).