Descriptions Wanted 1.0

Comments

• Personal Description : 

He is a horned satyr. And is particularly tall for his race, standing at about
    six and a half feet, with charcoal coloured eyes, speckled with bits of gold.
    His hair is an ebony colour cut close to his head and spiked only in the back.
    Along his left cheek is a dark rune, etched to slant across his jaw and end just
    above his chin. Across his knuckles are runes the colour of dried blood. There
    is no kindness in his eyes. The back of his neck has been branded, the once-soft
    skin raised and darkened.

Lifevision Mask:

Crafted from blackened steel, this mask is of austere construction, yet sits
    powerfully upon the face of its wearer, concealing its lower extremeties from
    view. Roughly triangular in shape, the mask encases the nose and jaw of the
    wearer, sleek lines running from the bridge of the nose and down the cheeks to
    where the metal snugly cups the mandible for a virtually airtight fit. Two
    straps of caliginous leather wrap tightly around the wearer's head and neck,
    further securing the mask. A grille has been sliced into the mask between the
    nose and mouth, allowing for ease of breath and speech.

Full Plate:

This fullplate has been smelted and forged continuously to a flawless sheen,
    with a deep obsidian-black hue that seems to absorb the light all around it. The
    chest plate has been carefully etched with designs both jagged and rough, though
    systematic in pattern, imparting an appealing sense of artistic mastery.
    Extending low and strapped about the waist with carefully folded links of chain,
    the plate can only be removed once the gauntlets and the helmet have been
    carefully unhooked from their clasps. Steel shoulder plates have been folded and
    reinforced on the insides with thick strips of leather, tanned and worked to fit
    comfortably on the inside, offering not only extra padding but also height.
    Jagged pieces have been worked into the shoulders to resemble flattened wings,
    curving outwards and away from the face. Long gauntlets have been attached at
    the elbows, the metal worked and moulded to the arms to work as a second skin,
    rather than a cumbersome inhibition. Two plates have been cut and shaped to
    mould about the backs of the hands, gracefully extended to cup each individual
    finger to protect from the blows of combat, be it from a sword or a shield. The
    helmet is a perfect example of master craftsmanship, the metal worked to cover
    the entire face from the chin to the crown of the head, with only two slits
    carefully worked into the steel as an opening to see. Two horns extend from
    either side of the head in the likeness of a fierce beast, the twisted metal
    curved upward into deadly points.

Wings:

These massive wings have been crafted from obsidian, the volcanic glass solid
    despite its delicate appearance. Each individual feather has been carefully
    sculpted to be uniform in size and held together with tiny ringlets of blackened
    steel. The details of each feather are exquisite, every etching done by hand to
    appear as though taken from a great beast. The spines of each individual wing
    attach to the complementary armour via clawed appendages that pierce not only
    metal, but flesh as well, ensuring all movement follows the will of the wearer.
    Carved into a point, the edges have been coated in diamond dust to slice into
    unsuspecting victims while in flight. When fully outstretched these wings span
    more than thirty feet, casting shadows upon their surroundings and enveloping
    the souls below in darkness.

• She is a human of medium height, with the thin, wiry physique of one used to traveling quickly on foot. Glossy black hair, swept over her slender shoulders, is long enough to fall freely to the middle of her back, its color nearly the full opposite of her unusually pale skin. She gazes out at the world through dark eyes that do not betray emotion, but something about her countenance makes it apparent that she is used to smiling. Her arms are slim, and her wrists and hands are small, though her fingers are callused from constant use of a blade.

• He is a frog-like grook. His skin is a dark, splotchy green. He is a large specimen for a Grook, 

standing at approximately six foot tall. He is completely bald, without a hair on his head or face.  

His face reflects weathering. Lines crease and fold his Grook skin. A long, thick scar runs from the 

top right of his forehead down to the beginning of his jaw line on th left. It runs a white hot, 

jagged and savage-looking. The scar intersects his nose, making it look like a mangled mess. His 

eyes are deep-set. His right eye is a black onyx, reflecting the light with a glossy sheen. His left 

eye is a cloudy white, indicating that he is blind in that eye.  His lips are drawn tight, in a 

serious fashion. When he grimaces or smiles, you can see he is missing quite a few teeth, no doubt 

the result of various brawls. His neck is short and thick-set, which meld into a pair of wide 

shoulders. His left shoulder drops a bit, as if it had been crushed or smashed in quite a bad 

accident.  His chest is flat and broad. Running down his chest is a vertical scar, about three 

inches wide and sinking into his chest about one half an inch.  His arms are long, and hang well 

below his knees. His right hand is horribly burned and scarred, and missing several fingers, while 

his left hand's webbing is completely tattered and useless. His torso is a veritable battle ground 

of scars and wounds. On his right side, he is missing quite a large chunk of meat.  His torso melds 

into a narrow waist, which flairs back out into muscular, frog-like legs. He is wearing an earring 

of Sinope through his right ear, an earring of Sinope through his left ear, a fire pendant, a 

necklace of purity, an Aldar talisman, a hunter's belt, a pair of buckawn's boots, a burnished, 

silvered steel armband, an unadorned silver mask, a pair of Logosian Bracelets, a Torc of Telepathy, 

a Sash of Caymus, a Collar of Agatheis, an indigo-hued quiver with accents of gold and ebon, a 

golden band of Draconic vigour, a ring of Lunastra, a Logosian ring, a ring of Lucretian clarity, 

and a black leather loincloth.

I went the complete opposite from the normal 'paragon of beauty' thing that I see most people do. 

• She is a human. She generally looks a bit down-at-heel and not like much of a threat. She is rather skinny and her skin has a clear, very pale complexion. Her narrow, young face is often partially covered by long, messy bangs of her raven-black hair, which she seems to pay little mind to, usually hastily tying it to a ponytail. The only thing that really stands out about her face are her large, bright blue eyes, under which lie dark circles and eye bags. To the SIDES of her face, however, you notice two very large, protruding ears curiously peeking out, which she seems rather self-concious about.

• edited May 2014

I thought I'd chip in my description:

He is a frog-like grook with most of his body enveloped in dark robes, making the majority of his figure indistinguishable. Looking underneath the edge of his hood, all you can see is his white mask. Completely featureless, the mask covers his entire face concealing him from view with nothing but a very slight glint of light from the slits that make the eyeholes to indicate that he is aware of his surroundings. Protruding from the ends of his sleeves you can see a pair of bony, pale-green hands, glistening lightly with moisture.
    He is wearing:
    ...stuff...
     hooded sorcerer's robes of fine black velvet with the hood raised,
     an eerie featureless mask with slitted eyes,
    ...stuff...

Having the mask gives me a bit of an excuse if I happen to forget to use physical expressions (i.e. smiling, frowning, etc). I try to use vocal expressiveness when I can, though. Tried to make a decent enough description when I have barely anything showing.

• Hoping this will work out well. It is sort of difficult to decide how to express human features of an animal form, so I just skipped it.

She stands just under six feet tall with a heavy set body covered in long, orange and brown fur. A few white hairs stand up from the tips of her ears, which are mostly orange in color. Underneath her fur one can see strands of a grey undercoat. Her eyes are dark brown, and she bears a few small scars across the top of her nose. Arms and legs are that are well muscled, are augmented by short silver-white claws. Obviously shorter than normal, her tail is covered in patches of orange and brown.

• She is a stout dwarf and petite in stature. Faint shades of crimson blemishes the jungle of waist 

length, tightly woven braids. Her slate coloured eyes sit tight against her crooked nose, hinting 

that it was broken in the heat of battle, and her cheeks appear raw and pale with a tight set jaw. 

Her skin is pale, bordering on sickly. An imposing and muscular frame gives an impression of 

confidence, this paired with the myriad of scars marring her flesh, suggests that she will not be 

easily intimidated. 

Any advice?

• New description, new race, etc.

She is a winged atavian. Crowning the top of her head, thick black hair falls back in messy layers, well past her hips. The bangs are the only thing kept properly trimmed, and rest just above her bright cyan eyes. Her features are smooth, and nearly aristocratic with high cheek bones and more than a hint of confidence in her step. Standing at a full five and a half feet tall, this Atavian's body is set with modest curves easily hidden underneath baggy clothing, and wiry muscle that can't be concealed nearly as well. Spreading from her back are a pair of black wings, the entire wingspan a touch more than double her height. Stark against her sun-kissed skin, a tattoo of twisting flames skims the right side of her face and neck, disappearing beneath her clothing, with glimpses visible down the entirety of her form. The back of her left hand displays more ink, this intricate whorling glyph reminiscent of the lapping waves of the restless ocean.

• @Gweyniera: You generally want to hyphenate when you're referring to 'something-coloured.' So, in this case, slate-coloured eyes. However, I find that slightly less literal descriptions of things can make descriptions sound less like a checklist (which, of course, they are, but we don't want them to -feel- that way, I suspect); something like 'Eyes as dark and grey as slate,' or somesuch might make it read a bit easier. On another note, using the word 'pale' twice in as many sentences is a bit odd-sounding, perhaps change the 'Her skin is pale, bordering on sickly' sentence to 'Her skin has a wan, pallid look, one easily mistaken for a sign of illness,' or something of the sort.

• Well, I am really new to this but was excited to find out a game like this existed. So here I am coming from under a large rock, to join the Achaea Community.  I am still working on my character, and aim to do a lot more with him so advice is appreciated. That's of course if Role-playing is still at the forefront of Achaea. (Fingers Crossed) and (Holding my breath)

He is a Human, his black disheveled hair freely drops to his shoulders, and the beared eagerly trying to cover the lower part of his face is as black as unscorched coal which in contrast to his light brown eyes compliments him well. He barely touches 5'10, however  he is built rather broad. His shoulders are wide and toned,  which in turn accents his brawny chest and strong arms. The tone of his skin is tanned, alot like a farmers, though far less balanced..
  • Daloren said:
    Well, I am really new to this but was excited to find out a game like this existed. So here I am coming from under a large rock, to join the Achaea Community.  I am still working on my character, and aim to do a lot more with him so advice is appreciated. That's of course if Role-playing is still at the forefront of Achaea. (Fingers Crossed) and (Holding my breath)

He is a Human, his black disheveled hair freely drops to his shoulders, and the beared eagerly trying to cover the lower part of his face is as black as unscorched coal which in contrast to his light brown eyes compliments him well. He barely touches 5'10, however  he is built rather broad. His shoulders are wide and toned,  which in turn accents his brawny chest and strong arms. The tone of his skin is tanned, alot like a farmers, though far less balanced..
    Welcome, Daloren! I hope you enjoy your time here in Achaea. Good on you for taking the time to write a desc as early in the game as you have -- for me it definitely improves the imaginative experience when I can picture a character's unique appearance.

Here's a quick touchup of your description. Some of the changes are grammatical, and some are stylistic:
    -------------
    He is a Human, his black disheveled hair dropping freely to his shoulders, and the beard covering the lower part of his face is as black as unscorched coal, contrasting with his light brown eyes. Although his height barely touches 5'10", he is broadly built: his shoulders are wide and toned, accenting strong arms and a brawny chest. His skin is tanned like a farmer's, but [clarify the difference -- see note].
    -------------
    Your description gives a good general picture of Daloren's physique, and is applicable regardless of what the character is doing. Nice! 

I removed the "eagerly trying to cover the lower part of his face" bit -- it's creative, but the personification is a touch too much IMHO. Also: what do you mean by his tan being "far less balanced" than a farmer's? I wasn't exactly sure what you meant there.

If you want to expand this description, I highly suggest adding some extra descriptive text about Daloren's face: does he look young? Old? Threatening? Kindly? Does he look like a hunk or a hobo, or both? Another neat thing to add would be a description of his general body language (like his posture, or a weird way of walking, or an expression he makes often). It's also OK to include your character's clothing in your description, but only if you keep it consistent with the items he's actually wearing.

Good work, and have fun! Feel free to ask about anything I suggested changing, or send me a PM.

• edited September 2014
    Hello Ulrike,

I appreciate the insightful and expeditious response, and understand your tips. Especially after reading the amazing descriptions previously posted in this thread. 

I aim to work more on the description to include your constructive feedback, and clarify more on Dalorens identity.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    edited December 2014
    A shame this thread died such a pitiful death. Here, lets quick-start it again: I recently rewrote my description, and would appreciate any and all opinions on it.

She is a beautiful siren of the northern wilds. Small and child-like at first sight, her dusky features are  nonetheless severe and remiss to laughter. A brilliant amber hue denotes the colour of her gaze, even as a  lone strip of black cloth hides away the sight of her right eye. Cascading tumultuously about her head, wave upon wave of snow-white locks frame her usually unsmiling countenance, dubiously adorned as well by the badly healed mark of twin fangs spied upon the side of her neck, and the number of white, glimmering scales beside her thin, uncoloured lips. However, only one detail truly mars her face, a burn scar on her left cheek in the shape of what seems to be an escarbuncle within a border. Possessor of a cold beauty and long, sharp claws for nails, no womanly charm insinuates itself to the eyes beyond the obviousness of her race.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• BronislavBronislav Maryland
    edited December 2014
    He is a human. Where one would expect a mortal visage, it is largely obscured with a helmet of blackened and crimson steel, crafted to a fitted dome designed to protect the skull.  Ridges mark throughout all but the front-most portion of the helm, resembling the cycloid scales of a fish.  Most of his face is veiled beneath the visor of the helmet: the material becoming smoother, lighter in color, and tinted with a deep, ruddy crimson.  Resembling the upper beak of a bird of prey, the front of the helmet curves down and out into a smooth, pointed hook just past Bronislav's chin, hiding his face from view without even openings for his eyes to see through.  The curve of the visor offers enough room to breathe, speak, and even bite if he were so inclined.  The hint of a full, trimmed beard of chestnut-brown can be seen, the only indication of the man beneath the helmet.  He stands at about six feet tall, broad shouldered, with skin that has grown sunkissed over time spent hunting and along the beaches.  His hands are hard and rough, stained with ink and flecked with gold. Etched into the flesh of his left hand is a single circle of fresh scar tissue with a matching line dragged across it, down his palm. His body seems rugged and powerful - the result of one more accustomed to hunting beasts in the wild than any sort of disciplined exercise.

Edit: Oh, and did I mention...The mark on his hand is also his and his family's heraldry.

httpimg2wikianocookienet__cb20131019181457althistoryimages66fPhyrexia_symbolpng

PHYREXIA.

• Hello,

Having recently completed a basic description I was hoping for some critique. I was aiming to be concise and descriptive. I feel like perhaps the sentences are a bit wordy though.

She is a graceful tsol'aa stands at around five and a half feet in height. This tsol'aa appears to possess the same regal bearing common among her race, her milky flesh and svelte form failing to deviate from the norm. Pale, silvery hair cascades down to the small of her back where it ends in a small flip while the long silvery hair that comes across her face is brushed to either side to frame a heart-shaped face with high cheekbones. A pair of thin and colorless lips are situated beneath the woman's button nose and thin, arching eyebrows frame dark, violet-hued eyes with dark circles beneath them

Any and all reviews appreciated.

Thank you!
  • Personally, I dislike when people include measurements in descriptions. When you look at someone you label them petite, slender, towering, etc. not their exact height. The first line as-is would need to be "standing" rather than stand. Rather than going from hair to lips and back up to eyes, I'd also suggest working your way from the top down. Here's my suggestions:

She is a graceful tsol'aa. Possessing a regal bearing common among her race, her svelte form is covered in pale, milky flesh. Silvery hair frames her heart-shaped face and its high cheekbones, cascading to the small of her back and ending in a flirtatious flip of wispy locks. Eyebrows of the same hue arch over violet eyes limned with dark circles. Thin, colourless lips rest in a slight smile beneath her button nose.

• HalosHalos The Reaches
    edited January 2015
    Bluef said:
    her svelte form is covered in pale, milky flesh.
    When you say 'svelte form' are you referring to her skeleton

edit: her svelte form is all of pale, milky flesh could work better there.

A frenzied cleric screams, "Like more than one halo!"
  • Can I run this one by y'all for some critique?

He is a horned satyr of stoic visage and intimidating height. Standing at six feet and five inches, this robust desert dweller is bronze in complexion and thickly built, with labor-honed muscles protected by a not unreasonable amount of fat. His massive grey horns, which add at least half a foot to his height, are ridged and curve backwards over his head in nearly a two-hundred-seventy-degree arch. Long dreadlocks are tied behind his head, black in colour with areas that have been bleached a lighter brown by the sun. Deep-set hazel eyes sit just beneath thick, angled brows that cause a perpetually intense expression. His face is statuesque, with high cheekbones, a thick nose, and a square jaw sporting a double-braided goatee. The fur on his hircine legs, barely visible through the occasional gap in his clothing, is black, curly, and silky, starting at his waist and ending in tufts above shiny grey hooves.

Some notes/concerns:
    • Is "intimidating height" appropriate to use, even if others may not necessarily feel intimidated in his presence? I feel like that descriptor gets an important point across about the way he looks. (Character's theme is basically "menacing-looking but actually really shy and sensitive.")
    • "Desert dweller" = naturally dark-skinned by genetics, not just a tanned white person. Is this phrase effective in getting that across?
    • "Labor-honed muscles (...) not unreasonable amount of fat" is my way of saying his build leans more towards strongman than bodybuilder (bear-wrestler vs. gym rat.) His belly probably hangs over his trousers' waistline a bit, but he's clearly healthy and fit. I'm wondering if there's a simpler way to put it.
    • The description of his leg fur feels a bit, idk, kludgy? People probably wouldn't see it most of the time.
    • WHY DO I USE SO MANY HYPHENS

• Oh! Someone give me some thoughts on mine! I keep rewriting parts because I think they're shit

She is a human. By looking at her for just a second, you can tell something is not quite right with this girl. She is as pale as a ghost, not even 5 feet tall and very skinny, yet sort of fit-looking. She's never still, always stepping from one foot to the other or twitching about. Her face is heart-shaped, with a rather long, pointy nose, thin lips and big, green eyes. She often has a broad grin on her face, so you'll quickly notice she's missing one of her canine teeth, all her other teeth seem in good condition though. Her ears are very large, and stick out quite a bit. She tends to tug on them a lot when she's "idle". Her hair is straight, and a briliant dark black, it looks like it hasn't been cut for... many, many years, reaching down to her ankles, her bangs often just hanging into her face, covering it partially, her big ears always poking through to the sides.

tyvm 2 bill gates & the gamecube paint 4 my profile pic
  • Oh! Someone give me some thoughts on mine! I keep rewriting parts because I think they're shit

She is a human. By looking at her for just a second, you can tell something is not quite right with this girl. She is as pale as a ghost, not even 5 feet tall and very skinny, yet sort of fit-looking. She's never still, always stepping from one foot to the other or twitching about. Her face is heart-shaped, with a rather long, pointy nose, thin lips and big, green eyes. She often has a broad grin on her face, so you'll quickly notice she's missing one of her canine teeth, all her other teeth seem in good condition though. Her ears are very large, and stick out quite a bit. She tends to tug on them a lot when she's "idle". Her hair is straight, and a briliant dark black, it looks like it hasn't been cut for... many, many years, reaching down to her ankles, her bangs often just hanging into her face, covering it partially, her big ears always poking through to the sides.
    Your description reads very colloquial, like a person telling someone else what to expect your character to look like, rather than showing them through a static description.

Personally, I tell people to avoid using "you" in descriptions completely. You are describing what your character looks like, regardless of audience or current affectations. A rock is round and grey, regardless of whether it's at the bottom of a lake, or rolling down a mountain - you can describe the latter states with emoting/expressiveness/'live' roleplay. (This can be a quirk you can incorporate for the "she's never still", you can create a few personal emotes/twitches to fire off especially if there's occasion for others present to remain still and solemn!)

Phrases like "sort of", "rather <something>", "<something> though", "quite a bit", "a lot" etc are the ones I see as more colloquial than descriptive, more like verbal fluff than necessary to give the whole picture. You could probably reword or get rid of them completely with little lost, and it will give more confidence to your writing.

You can use "DESCRIBE SELF + and is blabla" to make the first sentence continue after the race ("She is a human and is blabla"). Maybe something like "She is a human and ghostly pale, with a scrawny frame barely reaching 5 feet in height."
  • This seems like a pretty great thread for getting feedback and improving our writing skills.

I'm completely new to this game, this is my second or third day playing. Trying to get a decent description for myself, and I think I have one, but I'd like some honest criticism and feedback:

[quote]Hircaecus is a horned satyr of short stature and fair complexion. His angular, stern, yet youthful face belies a hardened personality. Light grey-blue eyes shrewdly take in his surroundings, perched above a proud aquiline nose. His hair is black, shortly cropped, and brushed forward from the crown of his head. A short, neatly trimmed beard adorns his face. His upper body is muscular and lean, while coarse dark brown hair covers his powerful legs. Despite his youth, he manages a confident demeanor.[/quote]

Is there anything missing? Is the style appropriate?
  • I wish I was good at descriptions and could help you. It's good to see you taking up the mantle of arrogant satyr, though. We need more satyrs in Sapience.

• AthelasAthelas Cape Town South Africa
    So @Kiah got hold of Athelas with her tailoring scissors and a comb, had him sit down on a cairn stone in East Ithmia after having him wet his hair in the river. Then proceeded to clean up his act with a hair-cut.

Before:

He is a human of considerable age. His face speaks volumes, in as much as small wrinkles form a contour of history, showing a harsh life and sage like wisdom. A grey, untrimmed beard, forms a mane around his cheeks and chin, augmented with a similarly coloured moustache and completed by a frame of equally grey, shoulder-length hair. This all seems to augment the fact, that his eyes reflect no light of any kind, they are utterly black. His posture immediately brings to mind the form of an ancient oak tree, which has seen, endured and grown much during it's life. His right hand seems to have been permanently stained with ink from a quill, indicating many hours of writing.

After:

He is a human long past any signs of youth, yet seemingly full of vigour and vitality. The hair on his face and head is grey, streaked with accents of black, signs of it's earlier colour. A trimmed beard and knife edge moustache are well-groomed, while his long hair is neatly tied at the back of his head, hanging down to reach just below his shoulders. Two black orbs are his eyes, absorbing all light, a stark contrast to his lightly tanned skin. Like an ancient oak tree, his posture is sturdy and grounded. The fingers of his right hand carry the telltale signs of ink stains from a quill.

What can I say, the lady has skills :pleased: 

• RuthRuth Singapore
    Only one thing to correct there. "It's earlier colour" - should be its
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

Ruth said:
    Only one thing to correct there. "It's earlier colour" - should be its
  • Don't look at me lol. He got tired of me after the ~4th draft, and that was -before- I stopped to proof-read anything! XD poor guy 
    edited May 2015
    :smile:

Have to admit, that typo was entirally my fault.

Hlep! Hlep! Da splelig mostner gots mi !!!

As it turns out though, Athelas cleans up goooooood!
    See what the right kind of gal can do to a lone Druid.

Yes, the eyes are kreepy as hell, but they are exactly the way I imagine them, they reflect nothing!

Yes, there is a damn good reason for it!

No, Athelas doesn't know what that reason is. :grin:
  • He is a powerful troll, thickly muscled and broad of shoulder he stands nearly eight feet in height, his skin granite grey. High and sharp cheekbones give him a gaunt and haunted look. His eyes are a relucent yellow in colour, burning from deep sockets. The ears of this troll come to a sharp point, his nose seems to have been broken and set at a slight crook.

He is wearing:

a hooded black cloak, a men's durable black shirt, a pair of men's durable black trousers, and a pair of heavy, steel-encased boots.

Weapon holders:

a blackened steel scabbard.

Containers:

a wyrmskin pack.

Misc:

A seamless ebon facemask.

• JinsunJinsun TN, USA
    He is a graceful tsol'aa. Standing tall, this creature is pale, his skin almost 
    paper-thin beneath the light. Shoulder-length, shining black hair is pulled 
    cleanly behind his pointed ears. Long and gaunt, his face shows signs of strain 
    from extended study. Gracing his forehead is the Mark of the Twin II. Set 
    squarely between his eyes, the mark has scarred over. It is permanently sealed 
    into his skin. The scar itself is raised somewhat as if it took too long to heal.
     A long, pointed nose gives way to pursed, thin lips and deep dimples. The area 
    between his nose and forehead are horribly burned. The edge of what appears to 
    be the remnants of eye sockets have been horribly singed. The inside of the 
    sockets are black, the singe and char accentuating the twin voids. Thin, toned 
    arms hang at his sides, his long, boney fingers extending almost 7 inches. The 
    edges of his left sleeve are rolled up to the elbow, exposing a long, jagged 
    scar in the soft underside of his forearm. In four lines, forming the 
    distinctive Mark of the Twin, 'II.' Just below where the cuff of each sleeve 
    would fall, a small pair of lines, one black and one red, cross each wrist. A 
    firm, resolute posture befits this quiet being, his back straight at most times.
  • Just got back from dormancy recently, haven't touched my desc in ages but I think I am all right with it, can anyone proofread for any glaring errors, inconsistencies, things you find disasteful, etc? I'd love to fix it up.

She is a winged atavian. Standing just over a metre and a half in height, she carries a frail, lithe frame that is not curvaceous nor entirely childish in shape. Disheveled onyx-tinted wings pair upon her back. Near-alabaster paints her delicate skin, complementing the lustrous ebony tresses that fall over her left shoulder. They gently trail down, her bangs parted elegantly to the right. Crimson, embossed lines form an escarbuncle brand bordered by more freshly seared flesh upon her upper left arm. Large, shimmering amethyst eyes stand out from her pale complexion, framed by voluminous lashes, a thin application of raven eyeliner, and smoky gradient lids. They lead to a gracefully upturned button nose, then less than full rose-tinted lips. Her thin figure is shaped with a delicate curve at the hips and a small chest, her thin arms leading down to tiny hands, a glossy jet hue inking her nails. Her legs, perhaps the only lightly toned area of her body, add slightly to her mere stature.
    -
    (Whiners Anonymous): Alcaro says, "If I overdose on anything, though, it'll be a lack of anything."
    (Whiners Anonymous): Alcaro says, "Isn't Morimbuul that Arab that was banished to beneath Mhaldor or something."