Serpent Thievery Buff

Comments

• Can someone please clarify: If you goof up a Pickpocket attempt, that target becomes unPickpocketable for the next hour?
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • Sylvance said:
    Can someone please clarify: If you goof up a Pickpocket attempt, that target becomes unPickpocketable for the next hour?
    For targeting a specific item, yes*. Pickpocketing without a target (so you'll mostly steal gold, but can randomly get items) is unaffected.

So you can do a bunch of general pickpocketing and then try to pickpocket a certain item, or try to pickpocket a certain item and then do a bunch of normal pickpocketing, but you can't* keep trying to pickpocket specific items.

*I think it's just a very low chance of success, not complete immunity.
  • As of my testing, if you fail an item pickpocket on someone, it won't even let you try again for an hour. You get an error message like "They're too alert for that" if you try. They also get a defense that they're vigilant against attempts or something.

So yes, immunity to item pickpocket for an hour after one fails.
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• Awesome changes are awesome.

Question: the immunity to item pickpocket is just from the same thief or from everyone?  If the latter, it seems fairly trivial to have constant immunity provided you have a serpent friend?

Question: the immunity to item pickpocket is just from the same thief or from everyone?  If the latter, it seems fairly trivial to have constant immunity provided you have a serpent friend?

At first, I saw immunity and pickpocket in the same post and thought " That doesn't work anymore, people carry multiple vials of immunity."

Note: Still want voyria kills too be viable.

Its immunity from everyone. @Arditi and I showed up to rob the same target the other day, and only one of us was able to target an item.

• Ok, I was just in an anti-theft class and was told using a journal mid-theft attempt is illegal and a shrubable offence. Is that true? If so, why don't they just restrict journal use for a short time after a theft attempt?
    ~
    You close your eyes momentarily and extend the range of your vision, seeking out the presence of Drugs. 
    Though too far away to accurately perceive details, you see that Drugs is in Mhaldor.
  • And the second question?
    ~
    You close your eyes momentarily and extend the range of your vision, seeking out the presence of Drugs. 
    Though too far away to accurately perceive details, you see that Drugs is in Mhaldor.
  • edited October 2013
    From my understanding of it:  since thievery falls in with everything else under the same journalling rules under HELP HONOURS, it would be arduous for the developers to put a forced delay on journalling for absolutely every potential action that would count as conflict starting (and thus make journalling then illegal).  Could they do it for theft? Probably, but why theft and not being hit with an affliction? Getting blocked while moving somewhere?

Instead they rely on administrative oversight and the players following the rules.  There are a lot of rules like this that would be hard and tedious to code prevention for, so instead they get as close as they can and leave the rest up to administration and rules.

If someone is journalling on you or you see someone journalling to escape conflict, you can either issue them yourself directly, or use ISSUE ME to file the complaint if you would rather the issue stay anonymous.
  • It's not illegal to journal mid-pickpocket if you didn't know it was happening, as the initial line of pickpocket can be hidden.

However, the main issue is people journaling on snap, and is specifically addressed in HELP THEFT as issuable.
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• So when does Archery become based on Dex?

• Iocun said:

Archery should become str based, just to make another spec viable as well!

That wouldn't even make sense!

Make an Int requirement for the use of crossbows. And a strength requirement for the use of different level bows.

• Sense, shmense.
  • Strength is already viable for pure backstab builds!

• But now backstab also depends on dex, so that makes str speccing even more worthless :(

I just want to be a mhun keeper, because mhun keepers are cool.
  • StrataStrata United States of Derp
    Atavian Agitator with Ethereal Boots all the way bb. :)
    Who cares about con when you can't get hit 90% of the time.
  • Strata said:

Atavian Agitator with Ethereal Boots all the way bb. :)

Who cares about con when you can't get hit 90% of the time.
    Can't dodge soulspears. :D

• If you're gonna go dex, might as well be Rajamala for passive dodge.
  • We are not worthy to have @Bonko (PBUH) 's skills.

• Strata said:
    Atavian for RP reasons otherwise I'd go back to Raja. @Arditi it's not going to matter once Bonko classleads come out. :)
    I hear the following changes will become reality:

Bonkterfuge:
    TRAVEL - TRAVEL is now possible to anyone, earring or not.
    RETARDATION - Instant retardation that affects everyone in the room except you.
    BACKSTAB - Now does 100% damage and requires no channel time.
    ASTRALTHEFT - Pickpocket adventurers from afar without leaving the guardhouse.
    SNIPE - Stuns, impales, and afflicts aeon with 100% accuracy. (69% damage)
    SUMMON - Summons a doppleganger of Thiev or Earionduil (In case they're not around)

• StrataStrata United States of Derp
    Awww @Bonko <3 I aint jelly. I got Stratafuge. tis all goooood.
  • Contemplated going Serpent, laid down the changes mechanically:

1) Thoth's Fang damage was reduced by 50 and is .2 seconds faster Buckawn's Spine at +800cr

2) Snipe now has a chance to miss, but can Aim to increase accuracy by adding a second to your sniping assuming it is not interrupted by Breathing, smoking or any other action.

3) Base dstab has been slowed down, but unartied Serpent now has the option to speed up doublestab by .2 seconds (from pre-changes) at the cost of 5 or 6 constitution (assuming 15 con spec + Robust into 15 dex spec + Agile).

4) Serpents can now reliably be Disemboweled. Can now also be reliably locked by venoms, but have a curing window to shrug out.

5) 8/17 classes can still force Snap, IE are immune to Hypnosis. Hypnosis is considered ideal for combat.

So Thoth's nerfed (but affords an extra 2 con over Buckawn's Spine for 800cr, though at the cost of slower Flay, Backstab, Phase), snipe nerfed, -5 constitution across the board if raja 11 con, -6 if mhun 10 con.

It was a tough sell before these downgrades, but I admire the members perseverance.

I know there was a lot of excitement about the new changes, but I'm gonna have to opt for the free Lupine.
  • Given the Thoth's changes, is there any chance of 100% trade-ins? @Tecton
  • Mizik said:
    3) Base dstab has been slowed down, but unartied Serpent now has the option to speed up doublestab by .2 seconds (from pre-changes) at the cost of 5 or 6 constitution (assuming 15 con spec + Robust into 15 dex spec + Agile).

you sure about this one? People over in the quick question thread put old base stab at 2.8, which is what's getting reported as the new one as well.

• Previous Nimble dstab: ~2.5s
    16 Dex Nimble dstab now: ~2.3s

Previous Con: 13 Race (+2 Spec) (+1 Trait) = 16 Con
    Current Con: 12 Race (-1 Spec) = 11 Con

5 Con lost for .2s

• From what I understand, based on Makarios's posts, base dstab (for any dirk) was unchanged. So with 12 dexterity, you still have your old dstab speed, whether you have a forged dirk or an artefact dirk. The only difference is that now dexterity can improve it further, to a certain point.