Serpent Thievery Buff

Comments

• The only thing that concerns me with these changes is that if you look away from your screen for like 15 seconds now you could theoretically lose one extremely valuable item (like a quality forged weapon) if you roll poorly on the pickpocket chance.
  • Hypnosis: 8.3 seconds from start to post-seal balance
    Mesmerise: 10 seconds without action from the Serpent
    Pickpocket: 5 seconds minimum (max Dex reduction)

This is assuming you're simply holding the item in your inventory. I can think of at least 5-6 triggers off the top of my head that would ruin various points of the above, and make it near impossible to steal anything. I can think of a relatively simple system to make theft still 100% impossible. I leave it to you to figure these things out and implement them.
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    edited October 2013
    People need to not AFK period. Journal, go idle on a ship, or just QQ the game.

Would also pay to see Hammers of Forging stolen :D
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• edited October 2013
    Yeah. Only thing that's a bit unsatisfactory is that the way past lifevision is entireky impractical for most purposes. Having to get a hypno aff stuck before even starting your main offence seems unfeasible.

Lifevision illusion detection shouldn't exist at all.
  • All keys can now be liberated from as person as a group
  • Disregard my rage.. I figured out why this is awesome.

• edited October 2013
    Vadimuses said:

All keys can now be liberated from as person as a group

who has keys but no key ring? :/

I guess a fool and his keys are soon pickpocketed.
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • Whoever made this thread, thank you for giving everybody a one-stop shop for future theft tears. I for one look forward to it immensely.

• I just AFK at battlements and enemy anyone who snaps me and isn't on the list.

• Silas said:
    Whoever made this thread, thank you for giving everybody a one-stop shop for future theft tears. I for one look forward to it immensely.
    You're welcome. I'm looking forward to having my system tested again.

Question though, it's not possible for you to force us to unwear stuff anymore, or it just takes longer than going after something in the inventory?
    ~
    You close your eyes momentarily and extend the range of your vision, seeking out the presence of Drugs. 
    Though too far away to accurately perceive details, you see that Drugs is in Mhaldor.
  • Jonners said:
    Silas said:
    Whoever made this thread, thank you for giving everybody a one-stop shop for future theft tears. I for one look forward to it immensely.
    You're welcome. I'm looking forward to having my system tested again.

Question though, it's not possible for you to force us to unwear stuff anymore, or it just takes longer than going after something in the inventory?
    Removal of items is still forceable, and going after an item takes the exact same amount of time, provided you succeed at the roll. Granted, you have to strip selfishness and keep it down while getting them to remove the item, so you're looking at a limited opportunity.

On the Serpent side, if you get the "Pacing towards <so&so>..." message, you're going to grab whatever you went after assuming that they don't leave in the window of pickpocketing. If you fail, you'll get the "You are discovered!" message instantly.

• edited October 2013
    Questions
    No option to guarantee a hidden hypno prep without mesmerize?
    Does the vigilance prevent additional serpents from trying item theft? So no pick pocketing gangbangs?

Most importantly can you shrug curses or only venom delivered affs?
    I suddenly feel sorry for apostates having to compete with shrug and tree balances?
    Also what endurance cost to shrug?
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • Ahem, Occies too. I've been lead to believe that it's a tree clone, but can also cure para.

• Xith said:

Questions
    No option to guarantee a hidden hypno prep without mesmerize?
    Does the vigilance prevent additional serpents from trying item theft? So no pick pocketing gangbangs?

Most importantly can you shrug curses or only venom delivered affs?
    I suddenly feel sorry for apostates having to compete with shrug and tree balances?
    Also what endurance cost to shrug?

*shrug*

• Xith said:
    Questions No option to guarantee a hidden hypno prep without mesmerize? Does the vigilance prevent additional serpents from trying item theft? So no pick pocketing gangbangs? Most importantly can you shrug curses or only venom delivered affs? I suddenly feel sorry for apostates having to compete with shrug and tree balances? Also what endurance cost to shrug?
    1. No idea.
    2. From what I can tell so far.
    3. Regular pickpocket is still open, targeted is one-shot.
    4. 250 mana for a tree tattoo that ignores paralysis in favor of vernalius.

• edited October 2013
    I haven't tested all affs of course, but yeah, seems to be a tree clone, able to cure para, and stopped by weariness instead of the tree stoppers (meaning it can be used while paralysed, with broken arms, etc.). It's indeed a boost against non-venom affliction classes.

No endurance cost, but costs 30 willpower and 250 mana.
  • I love how @Shirszae is the new Mhaldorian forum ent.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Jacen said:
    I love how @Shirszae is the new Mhaldorian forum ent.
    Going to cry a river about that, too? 

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Shirszae said:
    Jacen said:
    Sure! It'll flow right into the Sea of Mycen's Tears.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Jacen said:
    Shirszae said:
    Jacen said:
    Sure! It'll flow right into the Sea of Mycen's Tears.
    Just try not to drown in the ocean of your own.  :-*

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• FitzFitz Fire and Spice
    I don't think I've ever heard Dunn whine...

• Has he never Dunn that around you?

• Hiroma tells you, "I just got to listen to someone complain about your deadly axekick being the bane of their existence."
    Archdragon Mizik Corten, Herald of Ruin says, "Man, that was a big axk."
    Hellrazor Cain de Soulis, Sartan's Hammer says, "Your [sic] a beast."
  • Jarrod said:
    By the way, though fewer people probably care about this:

It is a one-handed weapon.
    Damage: 71  To-hit: 204  Speed: 271
    Thoth's fang has no venoms or magical effects on it.
    My rage is silent as the mouse. squeak squeak.