Combat Logs

Comments

• Web/Impale are still reasons why people buy buckawns (I'M LOOKING AT YOU @SILAS). I don't think you could Web/Axk if they weren't already prone though.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    e^(iπ) + 1 = 0
  • You could, not sure if you still can.
  • edited September 2014
    Calleis was the reason for my purchase. Web me EVERY melee.

You could web AXK nonprone back in the day.

• Disgusting
    e^(iπ) + 1 = 0
  • I got my buckawns because of the old Ashuran monks. This was before the massive nerfs to axk (not the recent massive nerf) and strength stacking. You'd be bashing or walking around or whatever and someone would come web you, and then that same person would axk you before you writhed and you would die. 100% to 0% with pretty much nothing you could do about it even if you were a Runewarden with 100 blunt armor and 5k health.

You guys think monks are bad right now, but 10 years ago they were choking for 70% max health, comboing for 50% health, had tripblock, axk for 125% health, and could mind drain after a combo for pretty much infinite mana/transmute.

• edited September 2014
    Cooper said: 
    comboing for 50% health
    2393h|78%h 3430m|94%m 98%e 100%w 2.0% exkdb-[R]16:15:19:850
    Rangor pumps out at you with a powerful side kick.
    [ ------ TORSO CONNECT ------ ]
    Rangor launches a powerful uppercut at you.
    He connects to the head!
    Rangor launches a powerful uppercut at you.
    He connects to the head!
    913h|30%h 3430m|94%m 98%e 100%w 2.0% exkdb-[R]16:15:20:019

2015 the year where standing combos do 1/2 the damage of prone combos. We can do it
  • ^ you should have stated how you know you jumped someone just as they typed in GOTO. But it get it. Makes YOU feel cooler this way
  • CynderCynder Where the Red Pandas roam.
    edited September 2014
    All he is stating that is you are using 'GOTO <Location>' he's not saying: 'Wow look at this 360noscopeclenchdeathtarotpausedsystemgg'
    Seriously, be less aggressive please. Just learn from your mistakes, all you can do about it. Doing a GOTO command while you're in kill range is probably not a good idea with someone who can keep you in room.
  • CynderCynder Where the Red Pandas roam.
    Until I can kill things?
    :( Yes..
  • Make Tumble respect torso damage on disembowels.

https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/8b0d502f

There is virtually no way for a Runewarden to reliably finish that fight without these days. 

4x Thurisaz, Hugalaz, torso broke DSB attempt?

Get flak for LOLDamage, try to Disembowel, get flak for 'sucking'.

I just can't win. :(

"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else."

-Albert Einstein

• not that what you are saying is wrong, but if they start a tumble, you need to change your strat to dsl pref/pref (or pref/xentio if undeaf) at least once, then impale just before tumble finishes because you will still get the tumble-from-impale damage and it might be sensitive.  If they cancel their tumble, I think you'll still have time to finish the dsb.  Also, instead of an extra delph/delph on the 2nd leg break, pref/pref there to get them behind on herbs+potential extra damage on the passive damage hitting them.

Not saying all of that will kill them, but it might.

• XerXer Langley
    edited September 2014
    To clarify, you can't writhe off impalement off balance (you can for web and entanglement), and so if they cancel their tumble, they can't start writhing until they get balance back from their stopped tumble. I don't know the exact times since I'm not a Knight, but you can figure out how much time you have before the tumble would have gone through if they didn't stop the tumble in order to get the dsb and determine what you can do in the time where you withdraw blade, until you re-impale.
    e^(iπ) + 1 = 0
  • AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    Yeah, if they cancel their tumble, you'll have them dead to rights. They're better off eating the sensitive tumble-off, which will hurt, but is still a far cry from an actual DSB+torso. Another option is a set of axes with ~135 speed or better and as much damage as you can get, so you can pack 2 DSLs in before they hit Engage, and you can try to finish them with lunge or archery.

But yeah, once you reach a certain health threshold, the counterplay breaks down in my experience. Defensive fighters don't let you work up much pre-damage or stick around for a Thurisaz stack, and it gets especially frustrating with the folks who have enough health to straight up tank a disembowel even with torso damage and know it, so they can just prio torso and lay there, soaking up your damage and impotent rage.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • Aerek said:
    Yeah, if they cancel their tumble, you'll have them dead to rights. They're better off eating the sensitive tumble-off, which will hurt, but is still a far cry from an actual DSB+torso. Another option is a set of axes with ~135 speed or better and as much damage as you can get, so you can pack 2 DSLs in before they hit Engage, and you can try to finish them with lunge or archery.

But yeah, once you reach a certain health threshold, the counterplay breaks down in my experience. Defensive fighters don't let you work up much pre-damage or stick around for a Thurisaz stack, and it gets especially frustrating with the folks who have enough health to straight up tank a disembowel even with torso damage and know it, so they can just prio torso and lay there, soaking up your damage and impotent rage.
    Lupines helps to an extent, but man... heh.

"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else."

-Albert Einstein

• CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TN
    Jhui said:
    not that what you are saying is wrong, but if they start a tumble, you need to change your strat to dsl pref/pref (or pref/xentio if undeaf) at least once, then impale just before tumble finishes because you will still get the tumble-from-impale damage and it might be sensitive.  If they cancel their tumble, I think you'll still have time to finish the dsb.  Also, instead of an extra delph/delph on the 2nd leg break, pref/pref there to get them behind on herbs+potential extra damage on the passive damage hitting them.

Not saying all of that will kill them, but it might.

How come you say these things after I class change?

• DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    Dat Linus shield. And I'm no lolganker, ask most of the people I backstab. :P
  • DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    Oh, I know. I'm just a fan of sleepy sleepy backstabs. Anyways, I has no logs atm, we need moar.
  • @Daslin‌

Because I like looking at it: noob pally Rakon
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Rakon said:
    @Daslin‌

Wasn't even a full dsl, he died on the first slash :open_mouth: 

Did bstab not prone back then, mysterious amount of black space there so edited log?
  • Bstab doesn't prone period
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Jovolo said:
    Bstab doesn't prone period
    Oh right, the double delph dstab is why he was proned.  This is why I'm shielded even on guard stacks.  Don't forget to buy your perma shield tattoo kids
  • Achilles said:
    Rakon said:
    @Daslin‌

Wasn't even a full dsl, he died on the first slash :open_mouth: 

Did bstab not prone back then, mysterious amount of black space there so edited log?
    Mushclient log. I had a trigger to delete all blank lines. If I remember correctly, the spacing after the backstab was me spamming enter anyway trying to make the stun wear off faster. Didn't work. No timestamps though, so it has to be a fake log. 
  • https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/181d7242 - sometimes I REALLY hate Hallelujah. (Also I am total crap against apostates.) Not going off for a full 30 seconds (Granted it was to late past the 25 second mark after it last ticked)
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Lilian said:
    https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/181d7242 - sometimes I REALLY hate Hallelujah. (Also I am total crap against apostates.) Not going off for a full 30 seconds (Granted it was to late past the 25 second mark after it last ticked)
    All about timing...
    (svo): emergency - have asthma+slickness and paralysis/impatience prio is before asthma: swapping
    asthma to be cured first.
    4066h(91%), 3817m(89%), 19994e, 16687w | cbke | (02:37:38.071) | (eat kelp|outr kelp)
    Chiam stares at you, giving you the evil eye.
    You shuffle your feet noisily, suddenly bored.
    Chiam stares at you, giving you the evil eye.
    The idea of eating or drinking is repulsive to you.
    4066h(91%), 3817m(89%), 19994e, 16687w | cbke | (02:37:38.178) | (locks: hard and soft)
    The idea of putting something in your stomach sickens you.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • http://pastebin.com/fdEB45hj

This is the third time that this happened, the first time was a week ago when Cadarus jumped me for an Order contract (probably). Second time was 10 minutes before this, and the third time I let it happen. And then he comes back and kills me when I'm hunting/not prepared. I'm a scrub.

Does monolith stop delivers like these? Also, does that give me causes for wanting to kill Ruca?