What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• Antidas said:
    Alrena said:
    https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/FrVTsLbF

That happened while I tried to be a good Sartai and do the birthday card challenges Mhaldor style. It was unbearable. We need to kidnap that woodcarver and make them carve our new guards.
    Am I the only one who noticed you hit 0 health repeatedly in there before you actually died? Wtf? Looks to me like the bear hits hard as shit but can't actually kill you alone, even if you're reduced to 0 health?
    Well yes, that was the main wtf moment. And no, I kinda assumed the wooden carving wasn't sentient, so I didn't probe it! 
  • Farrah said:
    The exact same thing is going to happen at the end of the auction though, if not at the beginning, unless people both aren't present at the end and thus can't bid and their set max bid isn't actually the highest they're willing to go.

If I really wanted an item and wasn't going to be present at the end, I'd set my bid at whatever I'm willing to bid, max. Then it really should make no difference. Prices will always go up in an auction because of people's willingness to spend ridiculous amounts.

For credit auctions anyway, because of escrow. Gold is a little different.
    You're assuming that a) everyone thinks like you do, and b) that people can't change their minds. If I show my ass early and throw down as much as I want to pay for it, someone can bid me up prematurely. Once they've figured out my max bid, they can go higher, and have more time to do so (begging, borrowing, or relenting and doing a website purchase). Conversely, if I hit someone's max bid early, they have a week to decide if they actually want it more than they thought they did, and have more time to scrape credits together to beat me.

• Alrena said:
    Antidas said:
    Alrena said:
    https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/FrVTsLbF

That happened while I tried to be a good Sartai and do the birthday card challenges Mhaldor style. It was unbearable. We need to kidnap that woodcarver and make them carve our new guards.
    Am I the only one who noticed you hit 0 health repeatedly in there before you actually died? Wtf? Looks to me like the bear hits hard as shit but can't actually kill you alone, even if you're reduced to 0 health?
    Well yes, that was the main wtf moment. And no, I kinda assumed the wooden carving wasn't sentient, so I didn't probe it! 
    Yeah I assumed you noticed, but literally no one else commented on that aspect of it haha

• KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    I glossed over it because I thought it was the enamel locket at first
  • 1600cr for a portable bin? wow..
  • And it'll go up even more. I think some people just like to see their name on the winners list, regardless of what they ended up getting.
  • Was reminded of my hatred of freshwater fishing:

You quickly jerk back your fishing pole and feel the line go taut. You've hooked a good-sized one!
    7376h, 6728m, 36580e, 33340w cekdb-Location: Targossas  Envi: Urban.
    You must regain balance first.
    7376h, 6728m, 36580e, 33340w cekdb-Location: Targossas  Envi: Urban.
    As the fish strains your line beyond its breaking point, it snaps suddenly, costing you your fish 
    and bait.
  • edited September 2017
    I died.

A lot.

These Foray's are freaking ridiculous:

- 2017/09/14 22:27:14 - As retribution for disturbing his countless years of rest, Vulkuz, Barrow-
    lord of the Darkenwood forces Peak to join him in death.
    - 2017/09/14 22:27:20 - As retribution for disturbing his countless years of rest, Vulkuz, Barrow-
    lord of the Darkenwood forces Asria to join him in death.
    - 2017/09/14 22:27:21 - As retribution for disturbing his countless years of rest, Vulkuz, Barrow-
    lord of the Darkenwood forces Beowin to join him in death.
    - 2017/09/14 22:27:22 - As retribution for disturbing his countless years of rest, Vulkuz, Barrow-
    lord of the Darkenwood forces Sobriquet to join him in death.
    - 2017/09/14 22:27:22 - As retribution for disturbing his countless years of rest, Vulkuz, Barrow-
    lord of the Darkenwood forces Peak to join him in death.
    - 2017/09/14 22:27:32 - As retribution for disturbing his countless years of rest, Vulkuz, Barrow-
    lord of the Darkenwood forces Sobriquet to join him in death.

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    I would say that he is a morning person and just hates everything. I couldn't be arsed to move from bed until I smell my coffee.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • Volphrin said:
    1600cr for a portable bin? wow..
    I know somebody who wanted one of those last time. There were two being auctioned. They went after one, and lost it. They lost the second to a friend for less than they bid on the first one because they did not want to outbid their friend.

I have it on fairly good authority that they have regretted that ever since - not the helping out the friend part, but not bidding more on the first one.

But what do I know.

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it

• Started hunting Moghedu lately, so I started dying during hunting. :tongue:
    Then I made a trigger to highlight "elite mhun keeper" to make sure I don't!  ;)
    And then I kept running into huge stacks with knights and bosses and a lot of lag spikes...  :s

Also, had my first team hunt with a fellow city mate, was going great till we charged Kalesh and the trainees, and I got her killed... WTB threat generation and meters, keepers kept targeting only her, too! :bawling:  
  • Verin said:
    Started hunting Moghedu lately, so I started dying during hunting. :tongue:
    Then I made a trigger to highlight "elite mhun keeper" to make sure I don't!  ;)
    And then I kept running into huge stacks with knights and bosses and a lot of lag spikes...  :s

Also, had my first team hunt with a fellow city mate, was going great till we charged Kalesh and the trainees, and I got her killed... WTB threat generation and meters, keepers kept targeting only her, too! :bawling:  

Good job on Moghedu! It's definitely an interesting hunting place where you have to learn what the mobs in it do.

Elite keepers are mostly stationary, meaning they respawn in the same space and the few that wander around only do so in a small set of rooms. They have a 'special' random attack (the double slash) which deals for a lot more damage than their normal attacks, so if you can't outright tank them yet, you have to be careful of that.

Knights are more complicated, since they move around and chase*. A trick you can use, if you encounter a pair (or a pair + a named mob gg Temelin), is to walk in and out of their room until you trigger one of them to go aggressive (they'll do an emote at you). You can then lead him out of the group since he will chase, so you can try to kill them one at a time.
    * certain knights do not chase

Kalesh has that attack which hits everyone in the group (sort of like AoE damage). He doesn't chase, though, so if things get tense you can just calmly walk away.

Mertyn has a buddy knight with him, and this one's special because Mertyn does chase, while the knight does not. So you can just trigger their aggression and then lead Mertyn out to separate him from his buddy (and then kill them separately).
    *the pair of knights that always sit north of Mertyn do not also chase

Temelin has two buddy knights with him, and they all chase. His room is probably the most dangerous in Moghedu as a result.

Thankfully, the chasing mobs do not chase out of the floor they were originally on, so if you bite of a bit more than you could chew, you can just run away onto a different level!
     <3 
  • Mathilda said:
    Verin said:
    Started hunting Moghedu lately, so I started dying during hunting. :tongue:

Good job on Moghedu! It's definitely an interesting hunting place where you have to learn what the mobs in it do.

Elite keepers are mostly stationary, meaning they respawn in the same space and the few that wander around only do so in a small set of rooms. They have a 'special' random attack (the double slash) which deals for a lot more damage than their normal attacks, so if you can't outright tank them yet, you have to be careful of that.

Knights are more complicated, since they move around and chase*. A trick you can use, if you encounter a pair (or a pair + a named mob gg Temelin), is to walk in and out of their room until you trigger one of them to go aggressive (they'll do an emote at you). You can then lead him out of the group since he will chase, so you can try to kill them one at a time.
    * certain knights do not chase

Kalesh has that attack which hits everyone in the group (sort of like AoE damage). He doesn't chase, though, so if things get tense you can just calmly walk away.

Mertyn has a buddy knight with him, and this one's special because Mertyn does chase, while the knight does not. So you can just trigger their aggression and then lead Mertyn out to separate him from his buddy (and then kill them separately).
    *the pair of knights that always sit north of Mertyn do not also chase

Temelin has two buddy knights with him, and they all chase. His room is probably the most dangerous in Moghedu as a result.

Thankfully, the chasing mobs do not chase out of the floor they were originally on, so if you bite of a bit more than you could chew, you can just run away onto a different level!
    I know absolutely everything you just said but I would honestly have struggled to put it all down on paper / type in all out. 

Fair play!

Side note: There was a point in time where I could, without logging in, tell you every single step to take on my hunting route of Moghedu and which mobs are where. Less so now since I've cut back on hunting there massively.
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• - 2017/09/15 11:43:12 - A hideous nel'dorath has effectively chanted Sobriquet to death.
    - 2017/09/15 11:43:25 - A hideous nel'dorath has effectively chanted Sobriquet to death.
    - 2017/09/15 12:00:53 - Sobriquet has been slain by the might of Ardamire Pelendur.
    - 2017/09/15 12:05:24 - A hideous nel'dorath has effectively chanted Sobriquet to death.
    - 2017/09/15 12:05:44 - Sobriquet has been fatally asphyxiated by Lavarin Pelendur, the Shah.
    - 2017/09/15 12:13:43 - Sobriquet has been fatally asphyxiated by Lavarin Pelendur, the Shah.

You rip into Lavarin Pelendur, the Shah with your massive, deadly claws.
    You have slain Lavarin Pelendur, the Shah, retrieving the corpse.
    keneanung: Added the new possible target Lavarin Pelendur, the Shah to the end of the priority list.
    You have completed one of the birthday scavenger hunt tasks! Check your card for more details.
    A chipped tangerine shard appears and clatters to the ground.
    A huge pile of sovereigns spills from the corpse.

He overcame the increscent power of Lavarin, Shah of Morindar.

Gain a new honour.                                                  (1/1)

What a bugger that was. Big thanks to @drefan for running me to the tree a few times..

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Kayle said:
    First time ever hitting level 81 in my 15 years of playing Achaea. Long trek till Dragon though
    81 is 11% to Dragon.

So... another 120 years, to be exact.
  • Krypton said:
    Kayle said:
    First time ever hitting level 81 in my 15 years of playing Achaea. Long trek till Dragon though
    81 is 11% to Dragon.

So... another 120 years, to be exact.
    Ill get there I swear.........
  • The great thing is, usually, the higher-level you are, the more established you are, too. Which means you should already have at least a modest store of equipment, plus you can hit the higher-exp mobs. So it'll go by considerably faster. :)
     <3 
  • Mathilda said:

Adventurer's Guide on Moghedan Genocide

Please submit it typed and bound to a public library for future reference. :D
  • Verin said:
    Mathilda said:

Adventurer's Guide on Moghedan Genocide

Please submit it typed and bound to at least three public libraries for future reference. :D
    FTFY
    Some words, dey hard to say wif my mouf.
  • You get over the combat jitters eventually!
  • Sylphie said:
    Did my first out of combat duels with Amaru. My heart was beating so fast and the librarian asked me if I was okay because i was trembling. That was thrilling.
    You better have won

Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
  • Nazihk said:
    You get over the combat jitters eventually!
    Not fully, you don't! I mean, it gets much rarer and less severe, but even old combatants still get em once in a blue moon

• Antidas said:
    Nazihk said:
    You get over the combat jitters eventually!
    Not fully, you don't! I mean, it gets much rarer and less severe, but even old combatants still get em once in a blue moon
    Mizik gets me every time