Targossas, the Dawnspear

Comments

• edited December 2013
    Edit: Nevermind, I shouldn't say that. I don't mean to cause trouble.

Let me just say that the obsession with rank and advancement, and the continuous indulgence in bureaucratic systems that exist solely for the purpose of creating hierarchy within which Achaeans advance, with little other purpose, is one of the biggest detractors from truly meaningful interaction in the game. It makes societies closed, and it consumes people's attention so much that they rarely have the time or the inclination to look beyond their House for contact with others.
  • Anedhel said:
    Edit: Nevermind, I shouldn't say that. I don't mean to cause trouble.

Let me just say that the obsession with rank and advancement, and the continuous indulgence in bureaucratic systems that exist solely for the purpose of creating hierarchy within which Achaeans advance, with little other purpose, is one of the biggest detractors from truly meaningful interaction in the game. It makes societies closed, and it consumes people's attention so much that they rarely have the time or the inclination to look beyond their House for contact with others.
    I've rarely found this to be the case. It's maybe just because I'm bad at really worrying about rank advancement, but for me such things have only provided outlets for interaction and identity. If people are, for whatever reason, focusing on advancement to the exclusion of anything else, I feel like that is a problem caused not by the structure of city or houses but by how that person is playing the game.

• Anedhel said:
    I haven't heard a single instance of someone being told to remove their old title (Synbios renounced it, but he's too cool for school, so), and by and large, most of Targossas treats the old knights with deference and respect.

I also got a truefavour for renouncing my title.

[spoiler]
    Actually, I did not expect the truefavour.
    [/spoiler]

• Targ = space marines, minus the augmentation and armour and chainswords and boltguns and genetic engineering.

For the Emperor Light!
  • Targ = imperial guard, but with resurrection/embrace death instead of actual absurd numbers

For the Emperor Light!
    Fixed!~
  • Nim said:
    Targ = imperial guard, but with resurrection/embrace death instead of actual absurd numbers

For the Emperor Light!
    Fixed!~
    SUN FOR THE SUN GOD

• I would be a Crusader, except I'd rather go for the evil version. Maldaathi without the Knighthood stuff.
  • Honestly, sounds like you guys are setting yourselves up for hard failure when the Bloodsworn go dormant, as divine tend to do.
  • Jacen said:
    Honestly, sounds like you guys are setting yourselves up for hard failure when the Bloodsworn go dormant, as divine tend to do.
    It might not be forever, so it's totally not worth it to invest in.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Daeir said:
     Comes part of the "religious zealot" package you sign up for when choosing an aligned faction in any case.
    I might have misplaced my package, then  :-?

I knew there was a reason I did not like Solaire >.<

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• What's the matter, @Shirszae? Not grossly incandescent enough for you?

• Synbios said:
    What's the matter, @Shirszae? Not grossly incandescent enough for you?
    Too subtle, yeah.
  • I'm just saying that you need to be able to function without divine in the event that they do go dormant. That's not to say they shouldn't be the center of your beliefs and existence, but a lot of what's been said here lately is that "We only do what they tell us to do, that's it, period." That's perfectly well and fine while they're active, but you have to be prepared for the worst. It looks, at least from an outside perspective, that you guys are more dependent on the Bloodsworn than Mhaldor is on Sartan, and we see how much they suffered when Sartan went dormant. Perhaps its just because of the new city/no Houses thing, idk.
  • edited December 2013
    Not sure how I missed a lot of this discussion.

In response though I do want to say there are a large number of misconceptions about the way Targossas has been setup/runs and how Knighthood may or may not work as part of this which is leading to a lot of conjecture.

The reality is, for good or bad, the culture of Knights and Knighthood were part of the mix of things that were purposely "put aside" as part of the reboot for Targossas. This in itself isn't a bad thing, and it doesn't mean that Knights can't/won't mix with the new direction of Good/Targossas, the Knighthood was just another one of many, many groupings that were disestablished to make way for a whole new faction.

There is absolutely no reason why a Knighthood couldn't return and be a part of Targossas or work amazingly well as part of the mix of groupings (orders, houses, clans, army, other class groups) that will make up Targossas and the Good faction. Through this phase it would just be a distraction from unity and rebuilding and so isn't part of what Targossas is focused on.

As a player it does kind of suck to see class RP (not just with Knight classes but all classes) thrown wholesale out the window with a direction towards multi-class novice programmes and houses, but the focus is on faction RP first and once that foundation is set in stone who knows what might be possible.
  • Just delete @Anedhel and the other knights, and it'll all be fine!

• edited December 2013
    If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.

ETA: Annie's a runie, not a knight ^_^
  • Anedhel said:
    If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.

ETA: Annie's a runie, not a knight ^_^
    You'll change class to monk?
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • Annie's a mage.

• Silas said:
    Annie's a mage.

Have you seen his bear, Tibbers?

[spoiler]
    @Tesha stole it and named it Raspbeary.
    [/spoiler]

• Trey said:
    Nim said:
    Targ = imperial guard, but with resurrection/embrace death instead of actual absurd numbers

For the Emperor Light!
    Fixed!~
    SUN FOR THE SUN GOD
    Space Marines are Lawful Evil fighting chaos which is Chaotic Evil, in my opinion.
    Light prevails, always
  • In a probably grossly out of context commentary on the class RP situation I guess to me it just feels like Garens all got the worst RP shaft in the world while Yi's all got super buffs... I'm done.
    (Blades of Valour): He just has that Synbios Swagger enough said.
    (Blades of Valour): Draekar says: "Synbios if sunbeams sparkle off that I'll kill you where you stand."

(Party) Halos says, "Disbar?"
    (Party) Draekar says, "You know here we have disbar."
    (Party) Draekar says, "And over there we have datbar."
  • http://jsfiddle.net/MmXVc/embedded/result/

I soul ripped mid-raid... I'm the luckiest man alive
  • MaraxMarax The Scriptorium
    How are the Houses coming along? 
    (<clan>): Kuy says, "Gurl, I could talk myself outta Alkatraz."
  • CarmellCarmell Eastern Washington
    We will get them when we will get them.  The better question is how is the new novice trial coming along, since we know that we get houses after that is in place.
  • MaraxMarax The Scriptorium
    Oh, didn't know that was happening.

P.S.- the magi House has to be the Illuminati
    (<clan>): Kuy says, "Gurl, I could talk myself outta Alkatraz."
  • Wouldn't that make them Ashtan?

Bydar, a garish-looking trader says, "I'm not a man, I'm an experience."
  • I think the point is not to have class-based Houses, but rather task-based ones.

• Siduri said:
    I think the point is not to have class-based Houses, but rather task-based ones.
    If you're not responding to Kei's post, ignore.

I think Kei is pointing out that the Knights of the Illuminati are Ashtan guards.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.