What Happened To You Today?

Comments

• Remove honours lines, city/house accolades only.
  • edited December 2017
    I can definitely understand the frustrations coming from this phase of the event.

Bashing these elementals can wear on the nerves quickly from all the deaths. It is why I have been handing out credits to Hashani hunters for their work. It's the least I can do.

Though there is still more to this event, and i'm sure things will get more exciting with it.
  • Minifie said:
    Remove honours lines, city/house accolades only.
    Hell no, honours lines are one of the attractions of end game material.

Why the fuck would you willingly go fight Oberion, if it wasn't for a relic or honours line? You wouldn't.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • edited December 2017
    Why are city accolades/honours the only reason for you to get involved in an RP event, though? You can't possibly say this is like bashing Oberion, Targossas either had an IC reason to get involved or it didn't.

We didn't do our thing expecting an honours line or a city accolade at all, and I didn't do anything I did before expecting either of those. I didn't get anything for contacting Vigil first, Krypton got nothing for being the first to find the horn. Ashtan got an accolade because they almost single-handedly did air and were the first, Mhaldor got one because they did a bunch of planning and extra work that no one else (outside the admin, obv) helped with.

This is sounding a little hostile and toxic when it turns into 'how come the other people get things.' You guys can paint it as 'I'm happy for Kriex' alll you want but you don't sound happy for Kriex.
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Kiet said:
    Krypton got nothing for being the first to find the horn. 
    yes ok but for real i'm tolly gonna throw a hissy fit about that now
  • edited December 2017
    The randomness is definitely something I can see why you'd be upset. But you should be happy a total newbie got to benefit from your efforts, shouldn't you? He's part of your community, and your community is strengthened by having your youngest members rewarded.

• I can be happy for him and also a little bitter for the other 30 people at the same time, can't I?

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    If no one from Targ had gotten anything I think it would have only been more shitty, not less. I can definitely agree with where they are coming from. I feel bad for the novice because he is suddenly in the middle of all this and that can't be too pleasant, but... Yeah.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• The only accolades (so far) are for the city that was first (and contributed by a massive amount, according to the events post), and for the city that did something completely out of the plan. No one got honours lines from either of those cities. Like Ahmet said,  the other cities have been bashing elementals in general and putting stuff in the amphoras, too. Not every single person involved can get an honours line.
  • Contacting the Vigil and finding a horn aren't as painfully annoying and boring as bashing elementals over and over and over. No one is suggesting that an honours line is needed for everything. I blew the tank that woke Jeramun, and found the tunnel that woke Bataoac. It's not like I'm complaining about those?

Once the first two cities who filled amphoras got neat things and accolades, it became somewhat of an expectation, which pushed us to keep going when we wanted to stop. It wasn't just the accolade either. You greet the Air Emissary and he's basically like "I'm in accord with the Seat of Chaos." Earth doesn't do anything like that.

Cyrene and Water is different because, unfortunately, Cyrene didn't actually manage to fill the Water amphora before Mhaldor did its own thing. Targossas did fill the Earth amphora, and while apparently we had more assistance from other cities than Ashtan did for Air, we still contributed the most cores. But there's no visible sign that Targossas was the group that made that happen unless you honours a random novice in our city and gather that he has an honours line because of our efforts.

If we did enough to get a newbie in our city an honours line, why didn't we do enough for an accolade, or for some kind of mention on greeting?

• edited December 2017
    Are you sure cause krypton and I were running around in painfully annoying ways for hours. You can't tell me digging up every beach on achaea is high octane action that you'd engage in without the thrill of discovery in the end. Point taken on the tank/bataoac, though.

Still, pretty much everyone's bashing those elementals. It's not like Targ's doing this sacrifice of bashing elementals (which even I found entertaining, tbh, and I hate bashing too) and no one else is. Basically all 6 cities are bashing them.

From my pov, I didn't expect any city other than Ashtan to get a line. Mhaldor only got one through unorthodoxy, so in my mind it didn't  imply anything at all for the remaining emissaries. If four cities get an accolade for this event and 2/4 (or 1/4, we don't know for sure) were just following the lead of the first one doesn't that make the accolades pretty pointless? It's like if we all got an accolade for fighting the tsol'teth.

I do agree that they could have Earth do something cool with Targ, though. Just like an earth guy going over and saying yo good job or the emissary acknowledging at least that a Targ newbie piloted Bataoac would be nice, yes.

You'll still get an events post mentioning it, though, I'm pretty sure.
  • edited December 2017
    I saw the new race, and got very, very excited. Not even due to the stats but due to the aesthetic and beastial feel to it. I bought the credits, wrote up a proper description and then...didn't realize I had to be at the flame to reincarnate and wasted it because I couldn't get there in time. I sent a message about it and hopefully it can be resolved in a favorable way but I understand if it can't since my own excitement and foolhardiness is what caused it.

• I don't think I ever heard any astounding complaints from Mhaldor for bashing elementals. Hell most of us were super pumped to bash, and we put a huge focus in going hunting as a group.

Just saying, it never felt like this horrendous one sided awful never again mechanic /shrug
  • A few hours of one day is not a lot of time, though. If I had spent hours on one day bashing elementals, I wouldn't care as much.

There's no need for the Emissary to acknowledge that a Targ newbie piloted Bataoac, since he was the one who asked Targ to bring him a newbie to pilot it.

Anyway, we've probably taken up enough of this thread arguing about it. Agree to disagree.

• I can understand where Farrah is coming from.

A lot of us didnt mobilize to help the Emissaries until after Ashtan's show, especially because Air began to declare itself for Ashtan and Vastar. I recall asking all the cities at the time what they were up to, as they were rushing to fill Amphora. Their replies were very similar "Ashtan has aligned itself with Air, we cannot standby and not let our cities gain such a powerful ally as well". It made sense.

So Targ rushed to Earth. Cyrene was at first trying water. Hashan rushed to fire. Mhaldor...well Mhaldor was a bit of a mystery at the time, but in their own way they were rushing for water as well. Eleusis was still debating what to do.

I can see why Targ would be upset that after all that hard work, they didnt end up with something similar.

That all said. I am sure we will have more great opportunities to come. This event is only 50% over.
  • edited December 2017
    We spent a lot more than one day bashing, but I'm good with agreeing to disagree beyond that.
  • Kiet said:
    We spent a lot more than one day bashing, but I'm good with agreeing to disagree beyond that.

Was talking about your comparison to finding the horn again.
  • Farrah said:
    Kiet said:

Was talking about your comparison to finding the horn again.
    Oh! Okay.
  • edited December 2017
    Asmodron said:
    I can understand where Farrah is coming from.

A lot of us didnt mobilize to help the Emissaries until after Ashtan's show, especially because Air began to declare itself for Ashtan and Vastar. I recall asking all the cities at the time what they were up to, as they were rushing to fill Amphora. Their replies were very similar "Ashtan has aligned itself with Air, we cannot standby and not let our cities gain such a powerful ally as well". It made sense.

So Targ rushed to Earth. Cyrene was at first trying water. Hashan rushed to fire. Mhaldor...well Mhaldor was a bit of a mystery at the time, but in their own way they were rushing for water as well. Eleusis was still debating what to do.

I can see why Targ would be upset that after all that hard work, they didnt end up with something similar.

That all said. I am sure we will have more great opportunities to come. This event is only 50% over.
    Mhaldor was working on on plan quite a while before Ashtan got their success and accolade.

• Double post I know but @Shirszae is an amazing person, they suggested heart stopping at the flame and reincarnating and it worked!

What a rollercoaster.

• Wasn't the act of doing the RP worth it, or are honours lines REALLY that important? Like, they are pretty meaningless... I rarely honours people for their lines, if ever :shrugs:
  • Obviously he should get the humble trait now, out of sight, out of mind :)
  • Minifie said:
    Wasn't the act of doing the RP worth it, or are honours lines REALLY that important? Like, they are pretty meaningless... I rarely honours people for their lines, if ever :shrugs:
    Just as important as anything in the game. Depends on each person and their outlook.

• Atalkez said:
    Minifie said:
    Wasn't the act of doing the RP worth it, or are honours lines REALLY that important? Like, they are pretty meaningless... I rarely honours people for their lines, if ever :shrugs:
    Just as important as anything in the game. Depends on each person and their outlook.
    I mean, if that is the case, probably should have put Alrena's and mhaldor's level of effort in, then, since she worked incredibly hard to make our amphora happen.
  • Minifie said:
    Atalkez said:
    Minifie said:
    I mean, if that is the case, probably should have put Alrena's and mhaldor's level of effort in, then, since she worked incredibly hard to make our amphora happen.
    Right, because they’ve put in so much more effort than anyone else in the event?

Let’s be serious with our suggestions yeah?

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    edited December 2017
    Atalkez said:
    Minifie said:
    Atalkez said:
    Minifie said:
    Right, because they’ve put in so much more effort than anyone else in the event?

Let’s be serious with our suggestions yeah?
    Uhh, Alrena basically spearheaded everything and spent almost all of her waking hours designing quite a few of the plot points we used to achieve our goal, bashing elementals, finding sea trophies, etc since the day we formed up the plan. So yes, yes she did. Mhaldor as a whole did wonderful, but Alrena is who really shined.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • edited December 2017
    Beyond that, Mhaldor's thing definitely took way more effort than just bashing elementals. I dunno why that's hard to believe, but we had several conditions to meet and had to design the entire magical side that'd allow this.

You're so fixated on getting your own honours line that you don't seem to recognize the validity of others' lines or why they're exceptional. Ashtan took a risk when no one else wanted to, even after the Vigil's betrayal. Your novice got 'lucky', sure, but he also could've gotten eaten or whatever and he went along with it. That's no luckier than the people who got demigod in bal'met event, really.

Ironically, you accused Ashtan that they needed to step up to get their own things back when you deleted their room. Well, they did step up! They were leaders in this situation. I'm talking about Ashtan mostly here because I'm not trying to toot our horn, and that's like an objective third party.