Combat Logs

Comments

• AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Santar said:

Probably need to make rage blade unenvenomable at least. Sure, in group combat you can easily counter it, but anyone with rageblade could trivially go and jump someone 1v1 with no chance of death and guaranteed kill. I mean, that was 13 jabs, and 2 herb eats. Really easy to hinder someone with that. Imagine if some class mechanics were incorporated with it.

Does it really drop you to 3hp?  Wouldn't distort aura or retaliatory strike (whatever the BM thing is called) kill the rage blade user.  Every knight out there just needs to arc.

• It doesn't drop your health. They willingly lower their health when they want to go gank somebody with it. Lower health makes you stab faster.

• That feeling of danger vs raw power is a pretty awesome thing to bring to achaea.

More plz!

• It's not much danger when you can safely assume that Jhui is numbing before he runs in for his 3 second rage-blade kill, then earring to battlements immediately before the numb wears off and transmuting for 6000.

• Could make it so the rageblade acts like you're full health if you're numb?

Otherwise, seems totally fine.

• JinsunJinsun TN, USA

I mean, isn't the point of relics to be OP? Like Jhui won't mess people up if he's numb without rageblade. At least when numb ends, now he has like 3 health instead of like 8000000000000. 

• JinsunJinsun TN, USA

https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/6a28c970

Sometimes moments of that resignation are horrible for the player, but satisfying for the opponent. Asked permission to post this by the way. Please excuse my rude notifications. They flavor up the game for me.

• StrataStrata United States of Derp

Jinsun said:

https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/6a28c970

Sometimes moments of that resignation are horrible for the player, but satisfying for the opponent. Asked permission to post this by the way. Please excuse my rude notifications. They flavor up the game for me.

Can't tell you how many times I've wanted to make subtle changes to my mapper to replace room names like "A bustling farrier's yard." with "A busty ferry boy's yard." so they better represent the general attitude of those who frequent them. "Atop the Eleusian Bath house.", "The coward's chamber beneath the barracks.", "Centre Crossdressing.", etc.

• Jinsun said:

I mean, isn't the point of relics to be OP? Like Jhui won't mess people up if he's numb without rageblade. At least when numb ends, now he has like 3 health instead of like 8000000000000. 

That's not quite relevant to the relic's balance, though. :)

And I don't think the goal of relics is to be OP to that point. They're meant to provide slightly more than artefact-level advantages (as I recall Sarapis posting, might be wrong there), but if their design leads to nigh unbeatable ganking I would wager that some change is needed.

In this case, making the RB impossible to envenom seems appropriate.

That said, I do like that relics seem to be taken out of circulation from time to time. More relic mobility would also be good, as well as more creative mobility as well (something that can somehow include non PvPer, newer players, and so on).

Anyway, that's beyond the scope of this thread. :)

• Itkovian said:
    Jinsun said:

And I don't think the goal of relics is to be OP to that point. They're meant to provide slightly more than artefact-level advantages (as I recall Sarapis posting, might be wrong there), but if their design leads to nigh unbeatable ganking I would wager that some change is needed.

That said, I do like that relics seem to be taken out of circulation from time to time. More relic mobility would also be good, as well as more creative mobility as well (something that can somehow include non PvPer, newer players, and so on).

Step 1: afk with rebounding

Step 2: bait Jhui

Step 3: gather relic in .05sec

• JinsunJinsun TN, USA
    Kross said:
    Itkovian said:
    Jinsun said:

This is why I don't have a problem with it. When mizik had it, he was using it with like. 300. Health. If you get the first hit in , he was dead 

• Jinsun said:
    Kross said:
    Itkovian said:
    Jinsun said:

This is why I don't have a problem with it. When mizik had it, he was using it with like. 300. Health. If you get the first hit in , he was dead 

Well, what Santar pointed out is that numb negates that risk. It seems perfectly fine without numb.

• Yeah, I'm completely for the Rageblade reacting different than usual when numbed (treating it as having more hp).  Don't remove it's ability to envenom or anything like that, though. It's an awesome concept, really.

Making my eat bloodroot;damage jhui alias now.

• JinsunJinsun TN, USA
    Terra said:

Jinsun said:
    Kross said:
    Itkovian said:
    Jinsun said:

Well, what Santar pointed out is that numb negates that risk. It seems perfectly fine without numb.

What I'm saying is that Jhui is pretty scary regardless it's not like if he numbs with rage blade he's going to accidentally destroy Targossas Shallam style, he may get a few extra kills, but that's kinda just relics for ya. That one relic gives you like 14k health, for a damage class that'd be patently unfair as we'll. I guess I'm just tired of everytime that something new comes out even something that is supposed to give you a ridiculous advantage we as a group start off with. " fix it pls"

• Well, it doesn't seem like a relic should disproportionately favor one or two classes above all others, though.

And no, most of the relics really aren't OP at all. The relic you're referring to doesn't give you 14k health. It randomly gives health or takes it away frequently. This results in your health going to up to like 14k if you just stand around doing nothing, but that's current health, not max health. As soon as someone starts damaging you, it'll all go away and won't rapidly come back during the battle. I went bashing with the artie and it didn't make me even slightly more tanky than normal. :(

It can even get you killed, since it sometimes randomly deals 1k damage to you.

Now, that one relic that gives you super armour... I don't know if it has a disadvantage or not. Haven't heard anything about one. But most of the relics aren't super, and none of the other relics is disproportionately good for two classes.

• edited July 2014

a lot of them favor certain classes.  the swords, for example favor knights as standard weapons.

The eq favors eq based classes.

The eye of discord likely favors numb as well, seeing as you can't sip when you take damage at 40k health, but you can still mitigate it by 40% under numb.

I am sure earthshaker is better for reflexes, etc. ( and tertiary balances)

Veil is better for less armored classes.

No idea how you talked yourself into saying certain classes aren't advantaged to the other ones. lol

• JinsunJinsun TN, USA
    Jhui said:

a lot of them favor certain classes.  the swords, for example favor knights as standard weapons.

The eye of discord likely favors numb as well, seeing as you can't sip when you take damage at 40k health, but you can still mitigate it by 40% under numb.

I am sure earthshaker is better for reflexes, etc.

No idea how you talked yourself into saying certain classes aren't advantaged to the other ones. lol

@Jhui‌ next time you abuse rage maker can I warp you. ?

• sure, but only while i'm numbed

• JinsunJinsun TN, USA

Jhui said:

sure, but only while i'm numbed

Death tarot it is, then.

• Jhui said:

Heh. If we're going to get nitpicky, maybe I should have said dramatically favors certain classes. I was told veil could be worn along with other armour. If so, that benefits all classes. Really don't see earthshaker + reflexes being anywhere comparable to rageblade + numb.

Eq gem, I guess, can make some classes OP, but still not in the way rageblade with super low health and 0 chance of dying is. That just doesn't seem to be the intent of the rageblade. It's supposed to be super offense for super risk.

This isn't worth arguing about for this many posts, though. We can agree to disagree!

• Terra said:

Jhui said:

Heh. If we're going to get nitpicky, maybe I should have said dramatically favors certain classes. I was told veil could be worn along with other armour. If so, that benefits all classes. Really don't see earthshaker + reflexes being anywhere comparable to rageblade + numb.

Eq gem, I guess, can make some classes OP, but still not in the way rageblade with super low health and 0 chance of dying is. That just doesn't seem to be the intent of the rageblade. It's supposed to be super offense for super risk.

This isn't worth arguing about for this many posts, though. We can agree to disagree!

Lol, no we can't. Gtfo with that maturity. This is the Internets. :D

• edited July 2014

god, you guys are so gay

edit: terra stop 

• XerXer Langley

no u mizik. come fite me IRL (so I can get a good look at you :o)

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    e^(iπ) + 1 = 0
  • Jinsun said:

What I'm saying is that Jhui is pretty scary regardless it's not like if he numbs with rage blade he's going to accidentally destroy Targossas Shallam style, he may get a few extra kills, but that's kinda just relics for ya. That one relic gives you like 14k health, for a damage class that'd be patently unfair as we'll. I guess I'm just tired of everytime that something new comes out even something that is supposed to give you a ridiculous advantage we as a group start off with. " fix it pls"

I think the point to be argued here is whether something that gives a ridiculous advantage should exist at all.

I would hazard not, and given how most relics have some sort of balancing element I think that they are not meant to provide a ridiculous advantage. Just an nice edge, and the opportunity to have a free artefact+ for a while (and promote conflict, clearly).

Whether or not any of the existing relics DO confer a ridiculous advantage is up for debate, of course. But I wouldn't be surprised if player ingenuity results in extraordinary and unintended consequences that put some relics in that category, and that fixes become necessary as a result. :)

• https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/e597ba2a

Tactical decision to tank 2 bbt's and not retreat. Worked out well this time.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • edited July 2014
    Seriously using percentage health values instead of straight numbers?

Just uninstall right now.

Also, don't post logs without time stamps. Makes reading them and analyzing them from a tactical point of view basically useless, especially when you're pulling moves like knee/impaling off bbt balance. It seemed like he should've been able to writhe earlier, unless you literally knee'd him the second he bbt'd.