Combat Logs

Comments

• Strata said:

This log gave me cancer.

• Ashen flames engulf Vicious's body, burning his skin with their frigid touch.

The last vestiges of strength having ebbed from Vicious's body, he sinks to the floor with a sigh.
    Suddenly, your surroundings are enveloped in a blinding white light, forcing you to cower with your
    hands over your eyes. When you tentatively open them once more, you are astonished to find Vicious
    alive once more.

^^^^That is freakin' awesome

• AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    edited July 2014

I never knew that Vengeance essentially passes on the attack/damage type that killed you to everyone it hits. Unless you did just kill Saibel with a BBT. Chivalry, Necromancy, and Tekura; Infernal seriously OP.

-- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • edited July 2014

• Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Ouch. Here are some tips:

1. Color-code your prompt or use a percentage. Your mana stayed the same color below half as it was when it was full. You're probably not going to be able to easily identify what percentage your mana is at by glancing at your prompt when it's the same color no matter what. You can estimate, but there are better ways.

2. Don't hit rebounding repeatedly and don't do so much damage to yourself with justice. Smite isn't enough to pressure health alone, even with demons sometimes hitting health. A large percentage of the health damage you took was dealt by yourself - look through the log.

3. Use sipping appropriately. You were sipping health throughout the fight without a care for the situation. Don't do that. Combined with the above, you were setting off your own health sipping, blocking you from sipping mana. It looks like your health sip was really high and you never switched it to mana priority even when low on mana. Hitting justice again and again kept you sipping health, and potash isn't enough to outpace sap. 

4. Adopt new tactics against different opponents. You were fighting a Priest. Priests have slow combos. 2-3 seconds is usual. Wait for them to hit, then strike knees, impale, get a free impaleslash or twist. Priest uses mana, so steadily draining it by twisting every time he attacks will pressure him to switch his sipping priorities. Then you have far greater chances of killing him, especially if you doublebreak at an opportune moment (like when he's at 500 mana). Don't use the same strategy against everyone you fight against. You'll win against a few people, but you'll also lose fights you should have won. Like this one.

i'm a rebel

• JinsunJinsun TN, USA
    To add to what @Tesha‌ dunno if you're using svo anymore at all (your prompt looks kinda like you are, but I don't use serverside at all), but hh and vconfig sipmana 90 have saved my ass against priests tons of times. 
  • edited July 2014
    25 minutes of smite flailing etc.

15 seconds of old school dor sap tar while impaled, multi broken etc ftw

Lolpriest

• StrataStrata United States of Derp
    Jinsun said:
    To add to what @Tesha‌ dunno if you're using svo anymore at all (your prompt looks kinda like you are, but I don't use serverside at all), but hh and vconfig sipmana 90 have saved my ass against priests tons of times. 

He's on wundersys+svo hybrid. If he didn't hit rebounding so much and switched to mana priority he would have been able to stand there doing absolutely nothing and not die.

• JinsunJinsun TN, USA
    Strata said:
    Jinsun said:

He's on wundersys+svo hybrid. If he didn't hit rebounding so much and switched to mana priority he would have been able to stand there doing absolutely nothing and not die.

HH IF YOU AIN'T A CHUMP

• Switched to server side and wundersys, didn't know how to switch mana prio yet.

usually turn off focus and clot too.

#Scrubthangs

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Me vs Talysin, was a lot of back and forth. Slippery fellow!

An almost unbearable feeling of emptiness heralds the arrival of a cloaked and hooded figure carrying a blood-stained sickle. You gasp in terror as a skeletal hand emerges from the sleeve and points at you. An unknown impulse forces you to bow your head to the inevitable as the manifestation of Death swings its sickle at your neck. Pain quickly flares through your body and vanishes just as quickly as Death gathers you to his cold bosom.

You have been slain by Talysin.

Your starburst tattoo flares as the world is momentarily tinted red.

A plumbum flake falls out of your inventory.

A group of 3 potash crystals falls out of your inventory.

A quartz grain falls out of your inventory.

An arsenic pellet falls out of your inventory.

A magnesium chip falls out of your inventory.

<3593/3593h 3952/3952m 16815e 12735w>(34%)ex[Talysin]>>23:05:56.803

--defense spam--

<<BALANCE!>>(2.08s)

You secrete curare and deftly bring an assassin's dirk to your mouth, letting the venom drip upon it.

You secrete kalmia and deftly bring an assassin's dirk to your mouth, letting the venom drip upon it.

You prick Talysin twice in rapid succession with your dirk.

Horror overcomes Talysin's face as his body stiffens into paralysis.

<3593/3593h 3952/3952m 16805e 12735w>(34%)ek[Talysin]>>23:05:57.712

--more defense spam--

Talysin eats a magnesium chip.

<3593/3593h 3952/3952m 16805e 12735w>(34%)ek[Talysin]>>23:05:58.369

Talysin fondles himself absently.

<3593/3593h 3952/3952m 16805e 12735w>(34%)ek[Talysin]>>23:05:58.377

Talysin takes a drink from a fairy-shaped amber vial.

<3593/3593h 3952/3952m 16805e 12735w>(34%)ek[Talysin]>>23:05:58.382

Talysin touches a tree of life tattoo.

They tree'd!

<3593/3593h 3952/3952m 16815e 12735w>(34%)ek[Talysin]>>23:05:58.591

A look of extreme focus crosses the face of Talysin.

Focused!

<3593/3593h 3952/3952m 16815e 12735w>(34%)ek[Talysin]>>23:05:58.598 

Hissing softly, a death adder swiftly strikes at Talysin, leaving two pinpricks in his flesh.

<3593/3593h 3952/3952m 16815e 12735w>(34%)ek[Talysin]>>23:05:58.604

You may apply another salve or balm to yourself.

<3593/3593h 3948/3952m 16815e 12734w>(34%)ek[Talysin]>>23:05:59.027

Talysin faints and drops to the floor as the last vestiges of his strength are drained away.

The puppet of you (made by Talysin) no longer exists.

You have slain Talysin.

A group of 2 wood commodities falls from Talysin's corpse.

A group of 2 wood commodities falls from Talysin's corpse.

<3593/3593h 3948/3952m 16815e 12734w>(36%)ek[Talysin]>>23:05:59.267

• Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    Jinsun said:

It felt kinda shitty doing this to one of my favorite people in Achaea, but I had to show @Aelios‌ what a totem to the face felt like. It felt like this :smile: 

https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/3b8ec275

send(stuff,false)

I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/d03e8d25 I think dying to bleed 2 seconds before fmass going off is my quiting point.

• Lilian said:

https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/d03e8d25 I think dying to bleed 2 seconds before fmass going off is my quiting point.

Sry bb. :(

• Severina said:
    Lilian said:

https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/d03e8d25 I think dying to bleed 2 seconds before fmass going off is my quiting point.

Sry bb. :(

It's okay really..I'll just find someone else to listen to my song :(. You can just feel the wrath of my voyria.

• edited July 2014
    Lilian said:

Did you know there's this awesome ability called clot that you can use to reduce bleeding when you get inundated so you can then not die while FMing?

• edited July 2014

Edited cause: I prolly misunderstood you!

-

Err I was clotting before the Fmass, you can see that I had 1.9k then 1.5k bleed. If you mean clot during FMass then no, I just tried and it interrupts Funeral Mass. That was just amazing timing is all, I messed up sipping mana right during my attack chain instead of health so it was my fault I died :P

• means your mana was:

994m(20%)

when you used funeralmass. If you clotted down to 0 mana before funeralmass, you wouldn't have died. That's all

• Haiku costs 150 mana, so clotting all her mana away would have been a mistake.

Better to switch to mana priority and mass clot, touch crystal if you need, -then- go into funeralmass. 

i'm a rebel

• edited July 2014

You are now wearing a shackle of Garash.

It is on bitches.

• edited July 2014
    Tesha said:

Haiku costs 150 mana, so clotting all her mana away would have been a mistake.

Better to switch to mana priority and mass clot, touch crystal if you need, -then- go into funeralmass. 

I was still on mana prio there (which is what killed me I honestly think, had I sipped health I would of been left with 300 or so health and survived that final tick), though I don't have a crystal tattoo. Maybe I should get one!

edit: speaking of tattoos and me being a big dummy.. I don't have a moss tattoo..I'm the worst!

• @jhui holy shit that was funny/scary

https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/c3ae76b5

so this took place over 3.4ish seconds.

@makarios @tecton I'm glad to see these aren't majorly distorting the battlefield....

• StrataStrata United States of Derp

*******************************[ Relics status ]*******************************

Name                                Location                                      

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Luckbinder                          The Reliquary of Proteus

the Rageblade                       Held by Newbie

the Golden Braid                    Held by the Grandmaster of the Quisalis

Earthshaker                         Held by the Grandmaster of the Quisalis

Bloodletter                         Held by Jhui

the Mindring                        The Reliquary of Proteus

the Dragon Bow                      Held by Kakarot

Paincatcher                         Held by Oberion, King of the Fairies

the War Veil                        Held by Seragorn

the Eye of Discord                  The Reliquary of Proteus

Soulfinder                          Hoarded by Ellodin (unused)

the Gauntlet of the Roaring Wave    The Reliquary of Proteus

Lifegiver                           Hoarded by Ellodin (unused)

Huskmaker                           The Reliquary of Proteus

the Equilibrium Gem                 Held by Seragorn

*******************************************************************************

• Firewalls are Rageblade's worst enemy D:

• Mizik said:

Firewalls are Rageblade's worst enemy D:

does it grant more ad/ap/attack speed the more times you hit with it? D:

• Probably need to make rage blade unenvenomable at least. Sure, in group combat you can easily counter it, but anyone with rageblade could trivially go and jump someone 1v1 with no chance of death and guaranteed kill. I mean, that was 13 jabs, and 2 herb eats. Really easy to hinder someone with that. Imagine if some class mechanics were incorporated with it.