New trait changes

Comments

• Berenene said:
    Yeah, I've found it hard to pick minor traits now as most don't really apply to me.  In the end This is what I went for:
    Death's Boon
    Master Enchanter
    Master Gatherer
    Eclectic
    With 1 empty minor slot left for when I get to 90.  I'm thinking of picking In Service, mainly because nothing else I can really use.  I originally was going to go for Master Contemplator, being magi, but I'm also Tsol'aa and get natural willpower regen, and I've never been that low on willpower.
    Tsol'aa don't have wp regen anymore.
  • edited March 2013
    Weee. Look at me showing my age.

Also, now I'm wondering if I should have taken the Lucky major trait over the Aim To Kill. I already have a pendant and now I'm not sure if I would be better trying to add a boost the to crit chance it gives me or a boost to the damage my crits do.
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my hounds!
    Krenim: Hounds? How cliche.
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my rape gorilla!
    Krenim: ...We'll show ourselves out.
  • Synbios said:
    In that case, a speculative study on at what bonus level would Aim-to-Kill be better than Lucky should be done.
    Depends on your base crit rate, of course, but assuming that aim-to-kill is a percentage bonus to crit damage (as opposed to an absolute number or something) and that I've done the math correctly (certainly questionable), it looks like about a 9% damage increase for aim-to-kill would leave them about even at level 80 (no pendant) with aim-to-kill being better above there and lucky better below. A higher modifier or a higher base crit rate (from pendant, human, etc) would shift the break-even point to lower levels.
  • Comparing a few rings I made before the trait to ones made after becoming Eclectic, I find about a 5 month difference.

Comparing enchanting speed before and after Master Enchanter, I find roughly 0.1-0.25 seconds faster recovery for each step. This will likely wind up saving some time on the massive orders I like to undertake, but I'm not sure it would be useful for someone who spends 5 minutes enchanting a RL month.
  • Sena said:
    The trait information on my site is updated with the new changes. Still some details left to be tested, but not much.

Better add Sarapis's info on Aim To Kill being "an increase to the base damage before criticals are applied", numbers unknown at the moment though. :(

• Without knowing more, that information isn't very useful. The only thing it tells you is that the trait is better with a higher critical chance, which was already pretty obvious.
  • Might also be worth doing a little more testing of Lucky and the human bonus, if possible. Tecton's statement that Lucky is "around half as effective a level one crit pendant" would imply 1% rather than the .5% we've been going with based on (I think) Penwize's numbers.
  • Aktillum said:
    Level 20: Nimble                   
    Level 30: Marksman                 
    Level 40: Knife thrower            
    Level 50: Brilliance               
    Level 60: Barter                   
    Level 70: Decorated                
    Level 80: Light stepper            
    Level 90: Master angler

I think this will be okay for Jester. I'll reset if the light stepper dodging sucks.
    Yeah I have +int from an artie (bought some discount arties in anticipation of going Magi). I look sorta stupid as a jester with magi robes, mana regen, collar, and +int. 

How effective Light stepper is will depend on what your dex itself is. i've enjoyed my dodgy traits all along, from 16 dex to 18, both with and without acro.
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • Eld said:
    Might also be worth doing a little more testing of Lucky and the human bonus, if possible. Tecton's statement that Lucky is "around half as effective a level one crit pendant" would imply 1% rather than the .5% we've been going with based on (I think) Penwize's numbers.
    Hmm, I should ask about that. With a sample size of 137,050, I was pretty sure of the bonuses.
  • And people who can't decide on minor traits, go for the endurance or willpower if you hunt/raid/milk/inscribe enough.

Also, Barter is a must if you're poor or an alt, or other reasons.

• Xith said:
    Also, Barter is a must if you're poor or an alt, or other reasons.
    There's not a lot to buy from Rurin. If you spend a lot on blank tarot cards, it's probably great. Inks and dust can be bought cheaper from other players now thanks to inkmilling and gathering. For most people, it's probably just the occasional vials and pipes, so barter doesn't make a big difference.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    I buy inks from player shops, but I also buy Rurin out of inks in Ashtan, Hashan, and Cyrene. (Sorry)

Can save a bit of gold over the long term, if you're willing to spend the gold in the first place!

I also get most of my sigils from Rurin for the basics. Those can be pricey.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• My minor traits on Trevize, that are must-haves for him.

Level 30: Seasoned drinker
    Level 40: Unsocial
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • edited March 2013
    I'm opening a book with 10:1 odds that Lethal Ink gets nerfed modified within the next seven days.  Anyone want a piece of this?
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • Hard to bet on something like this since if one aspect is improved and another toned down, do we call it a nerf or a buff? That would probably be situational and subjective.
  • Edited.
  • Are there any traits I should still test before I choose mine and it's too late?
  • I don't know why you would buy inks from Rurin when you can get them for less than half Rurin's prices in tons of other shops. That is just wasting tons of gold.

• @Cooper - although I lol'd at that, I shouldn't get high-and-mighty, as I was buying superfills from Seasone for about three months before I realised that players could do them >_<
  • Barter seems more useful for vials. The cost on those add up when you have to replace like 50 at once, which is why I stopped buying cool-looking vials in favor of cheap oaken ones.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • edited March 2013
    Even if you have to replace 100 vials and you replace them 3 times a year, that's 9000 gold saved per RL year, which isn't much.
  • The clear strategy for Barter is for Occultists/Jesters to use it on blank cards (2 gold pieces saved on each one), everything else is just icing on the cake.  
  • AktillumAktillum Philippines
    edited March 2013
    I picked up Barter for 18gp blank tarot cards but the only Rurin shop I can visit is Cyrene. Eleusis doesn't have Rurin shops and Targossas probably won't either.

Xith said:
    Aktillum said:

I think this will be okay for Jester. I'll reset if the light stepper dodging sucks.
    Yeah I have +int from an artie (bought some discount arties in anticipation of going Magi). I look sorta stupid as a jester with magi robes, mana regen, collar, and +int.
    Jelly cause I want sash + collar pretty bad but can't justify the 60 dmg per point of Int you get in return. And now I think I want Dex boots too, which is a pipe.dream cause I'm not loaded like that.

• Iocun said:
    Hard to bet on something like this since if one aspect is improved and another toned down, do we call it a nerf or a buff? That would probably be situational and subjective.
    Berf? Nuff? Bernuff? Nuffert?
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my hounds!
    Krenim: Hounds? How cliche.
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my rape gorilla!
    Krenim: ...We'll show ourselves out.
  • 'nuff with that nonsense!
  • Aktillum said:
    I picked up Barter for 18gp blank tarot cards but the only Rurin shop I can visit is Cyrene. Eleusis doesn't have Rurin shops and Targossas probably won't either.

Xith said:
    Aktillum said:

Jelly cause I want sash + collar pretty bad but can't justify the 60 dmg per point of Int you get in return. And now I think I want Dex boots too, which is a pipe.dream cause I'm not loaded like that.
    Got my lvl 2 dex boots during that 30% off sale.
  • Aktillum said:

My pipe dream is artefact pipes. :(

• edited March 2013

Nim said:
    Aktillum said:

My pipe dream is artefact pipes. :(

@Nim: You beat the crap out of me just fine without them. That was an OUCH spar. Arties will never replace skill and that's the truth.