Mudlet questions & answers!

Comments

• Vadimuses said:
    If you haven't got a scrollwheel, you can also make an alias that does setMapZoom(number) to zoom around.
    Mice without scroll wheels? What is this, the dark ages?
  • Enough people don't have them apparently. Plus netbooks without such functions
  • Not to mention people who like to keyboard shortcut everything, apt in MUDs really
  • Tahnks @ Vadi, and @valden. But yes, why would I need a mouse to play a text game? ;)
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    edited February 2013

Simple question. Can buttons launch a script function? I've been trying to do it to no avail, though I am probably going about it the wrong way.

edit:

Figured it out. Somehow, I managed to misplace the script I wanted to fire.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• anyone know a way to change the width of the command line?  or modify its borders?

• You can make it higher/shorter, but the width is pretty much as big the window is.
  • Sometimes I wish you could indent the command line to match the left indent of the main display, it's irritating when they are out of alignment
  • please implement.  Will love you long time
  • I've just installed Mudlet and I'm having some trouble understanding how to set it up properly. Is there a guide for this? The manual seems to immediately delve into how to make scripts and aliases and suchlike, and not so much the technically-illiterate "ok, open Mudlet, click connect, select your Mud game, write your username, ok?"

Anyway, managed to do that well enough and now I get this:

(mapper): The games map was updated - you should update yours! Go to Settings -> Special Options 
    tab and click on the button there. Once you've updated, click here to remove the reminder.

(mapper): The mapper script was updated! Would you like to download the update? Click here if so.

So I clicked the last one, got this:

(mapper): Okay, downloading the mapper script...
    (mapper): Your mapper script was downloaded to 'C:[somewhere on my computer]' - uninstall the current copy and install the new one now!

How do I do that? Uninstall the current copy?

Also, Settings -> Special Options -> click "THE BUTTON" there. Which one?

Nothing seems to mention mapping. I'm hopelessly lost and confused, and I'd love for someone to explain it to me like I'm 5 please.
  • To install and uninstall scripts you go to the package manager, from there you can uninstall the current version of the mapper and then install the new version.
    For updating the map there's a download button in Settings under the Mapper tab. Personally I've never used it because it seems to auto download updates for me.
  • @Valden, Are you using the crowd-map? I don't believe that downloads the crowd-map which is probably what you are using.

@Sybilla, The reason the button isn't in the Special Options tabs is because it was recently moved to the Mapper tab during one of the more recent updates, if I remember correctly.
  • @DragonKnight, The "Download" button would download the IRE map rather than the crowd one, which is why I've never used that button. Crowd map updates automatically and it's been so long that I can't remember how to set it up.
  • If you've configured the crowdmap to be on, then clicking the button will download the crowdmap instead.
  • Jhui said:
    please implement.  Will love you long time
    This isn't the features suggestion forum, Mudlet team doesn't scour these forums either - so post it on the mudlet forums if you'd like to see it happen!
  • edited February 2013
    Jacen said:
    If you've configured the crowdmap to be on, then clicking the button will download the crowdmap instead.
    No :O it still downloads the official Achaea map. So just enabling crowdmap will do; it'll download and update the map itself.
  • Ugh so I've been manually updating a map that I don't use for all this time? Lame.
  • I want to move a Mudlet install from one computer to another and keep all the profiles and data intact. What would be the best way to achieve this?
  • Copy the ~/.config/mudlet folder from one computer to another and that's it.
  • At least I'm savvy enough to convert Unix paths into Windows paths
  • Hello, so I've got a mudlet 2.1 running on my slightly out of date macbook pro. I cannot get the mapper to work for the life of me, I've tried reinstalling it already. I think it might be because I'm running it through wine... any suggestions?
  • Suture said:
    Hello, so I've got a mudlet 2.1 running on my slightly out of date macbook pro. I cannot get the mapper to work for the life of me, I've tried reinstalling it already. I think it might be because I'm running it through wine... any suggestions?
    Why would you run mudlet in Wine when there's a native client for OS X?
  • Mudlet works on Intel Macs 10.6+, does yours fit that?
  • Sadly no. My mac is 10.5.8 :( Looks like i'll have to find a new operating system....
  • NizarisNizaris The Holy City of Mhaldor
    Any way to set a background image for the main console?
  • I'm afraid not
  • Gag everything in the main console and replace it with with a full screen mini-console.

That makes me feel sick just thinking about it.
  • You can't have a background image for a miniconsole either, so that doesn't help.
  • Iocun said:
    You can't have a background image for a miniconsole either, so that doesn't help.
    but you can have a transparent background for a miniconsole can't you?
  • No, that only works for labels.