Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

What's cooking?

11416181920

Comments

  • HaliosHalios Member Posts: 471 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    I suck at baking. Mostly because I cook all my delicious entrees and meats by feel and memory, so following precise instructions in the kitchen is just rough for me. Maybe I'm just stubborn but idk. Pls help.

    Will trade awesome guidance on meats and savory foods for help with baking/desserts.
    Praxides
  • TrillianaTrilliana Member Posts: 1,989 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Honestly, baking is a science. Precise measurements, knowing when too much mixing is going on or when you need to mix more. I started with baking by doing homemade pizza and still love doing pizza.
    meh


    YangBlujixapugKerria
  • KerriaKerria The Red LionessMember Posts: 1,120 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    You all are making me desperately want blueberry things.. 

    I'm so allergic to blueberries it's not funny.
  • TrillianaTrilliana Member Posts: 1,989 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    I can't eat blueberries... had too many muffins as a kid (maybe that's why I have a muffin top o.O)
    meh


    EldKerria
  • EldEld Member Posts: 3,946 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    That may be the only food item I've encountered that rivals the geoduck for obscenity. Barring (most of) those involving actual genitalia. 
    TrillianaUlrikeYangPeak
  • SiduriSiduri Member Posts: 1,599 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Eld said:
    That may be the only food item I've encountered that rivals the geoduck for obscenity. Barring (most of) those involving actual genitalia. 
    Royal Clam. See video:


    image
    Praxides
  • EldEld Member Posts: 3,946 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Yup, that's the one.
  • EldEld Member Posts: 3,946 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    And speaking of cooking, grabbed a few Moruga Scorpions from someone in the department who was giving away a pound of them.

    image
    Note sure yet what I'm going to do with them, but fairly confident I will not have a face afterward.
    PraxidesUlrikeYang
  • KrossKross Member Posts: 779
    Why is this thread a thing. This is terrible. My stomach hates you all now.

    That aside, plz bake4me. <3

    I'm all alone since the divorce...and then the government repo'd my house and car and shoes...and then they took all my cooking supplies to redistribute to the wealthy. After that, they kicked me a little and laughed at me until I cried.

    Okay that's all a lie, but Jesus you people make some delicious looking food.
    PraxidesKerriaShirszaeMathonwy
  • FendrelFendrel Member Posts: 76 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Omg @Halios I hate you :c so hungry naw.
    Jozlyn
  • HaliosHalios Member Posts: 471 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    edited September 2014
    Fendrel said:
    Omg @Halios I hate you :c so hungry naw.
    @Fendrel Lo siento, mi amor.
  • FendrelFendrel Member Posts: 76 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Halios said:
    Fendrel said:
    Omg @Halios I hate you :c so hungry naw.
    @Fendrel Lo siento, mi amor.
    Te perdono.
  • HaliosHalios Member Posts: 471 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Sweetbreads are out of the freezer.

    Shit's gonna be glorious.
    Yang
  • TreyTrey Member Posts: 4,798 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Eld said:
    And speaking of cooking, grabbed a few Moruga Scorpions from someone in the department who was giving away a pound of them.

    image
    Note sure yet what I'm going to do with them, but fairly confident I will not have a face afterward.
    Good lord I would love to cook with those. The hottest I've ever worked with was bhut jolokias, and I used to -grow- red savina habaneros. :(

    UlrikePraxides
  • MannimarMannimar Member Posts: 973
    I'm a tea fan. Love tea... can't stand coffee. (I'm weird, sue me.)

    I've been getting creative with my teas lately and recently made a egg salad using powdered tea leaves (Matcha). No pictures, it's just green egg salad, but it came out delicious.

    I'm currently baking a Earl Grey Crème Brulee, and the custard is now one of my favourite things in desert.

    Mine's not so pretty so here's a stolen picture and similar recipe

     

    http://thewanderlustkitchen.com/earl-grey-creme-brulee/

    My recipe uses half a vanilla bean or 1 tsp extract, also a tsp of lavender, and orange zest. for a recipe that serves four, if you use loose leaf teas use 2 tablespoons. You can steep your tea in the creme for a long long time. I did mine at 40 minutes.

    UlrikeYangJeslynEudora
  • JeslynJeslyn United StatesMember Posts: 482 @ - Epic Achaean
    As a paleo fan, I've had to figure out different ways to make food (especially meat) taste interesting. One of my dishes consists of chicken with a pineapple and curry blend topped with almonds. It's delicious! 
    Food.jpg 144.8K
    YangBlujixapug
  • UlrikeUlrike MarylandMember Posts: 175 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    ^ recipes pls

    Praxides
  • KryptonKrypton shi-KhurenaMember Posts: 2,377 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    All the recipes are from foodwishes.com.

    Search for:
    -candied bacon
    -shrimp pasta salad
    -clifton ginger wings
    -spinach torta

    End result: I underseasoned my wings. But the other three dishes BLEW. MY. MIND. I could barely believe the euphoria my taste buds were experiencing. :)
    (Mhaldor): Herenicus says, "Apologies, I am in-and-out of hold with Verizon wireless customer service."
  • BereneneBerenene Member Posts: 1,892 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Kross said:
    Why is this thread a thing. This is terrible. My stomach hates you all now.

    That aside, plz bake4me. <3

    I'm all alone since the divorce...and then the government repo'd my house and car and shoes...and then they took all my cooking supplies to redistribute to the wealthy. After that, they kicked me a little and laughed at me until I cried.

    Okay that's all a lie, but Jesus you people make some delicious looking food.
    It's alright, I'll bake for you bebe :)

    Mannimar said:
    I'm a tea fan. Love tea... can't stand coffee. (I'm weird, sue me.)

    I've been getting creative with my teas lately and recently made a egg salad using powdered tea leaves (Matcha). No pictures, it's just green egg salad, but it came out delicious.

    I'm currently baking a Earl Grey Crème Brulee, and the custard is now one of my favourite things in desert.

    Mine's not so pretty so here's a stolen picture and similar recipe

     

    http://thewanderlustkitchen.com/earl-grey-creme-brulee/

    My recipe uses half a vanilla bean or 1 tsp extract, also a tsp of lavender, and orange zest. for a recipe that serves four, if you use loose leaf teas use 2 tablespoons. You can steep your tea in the creme for a long long time. I did mine at 40 minutes.

    Earl Grey Creme Brulee?

    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my hounds!
    Krenim: Hounds? How cliche.
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my rape gorilla!
    Krenim: ...We'll show ourselves out.
  • EldEld Member Posts: 3,946 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Berenene said:
    Lum said:

    Cereal 

    1. Acquire cereal
    2. Add milk (optional)
    Et presto, breakfast lunch and dinner. 


    I'm going to die young. 
    It doesn't always work...trust me

    That's what you get for tackling the optional steps before you've got the basics down.
    Lum
This discussion has been closed.