What's cooking?

Comments

• I suck at baking. Mostly because I cook all my delicious entrees and meats by feel and memory, so following precise instructions in the kitchen is just rough for me. Maybe I'm just stubborn but idk. Pls help.

Will trade awesome guidance on meats and savory foods for help with baking/desserts.
  • Honestly, baking is a science. Precise measurements, knowing when too much mixing is going on or when you need to mix more. I started with baking by doing homemade pizza and still love doing pizza.
    meh

• KerriaKerria The Red Lioness
    You all are making me desperately want blueberry things.. 

I'm so allergic to blueberries it's not funny.
  • I can't eat blueberries... had too many muffins as a kid (maybe that's why I have a muffin top o.O)
    meh

• That may be the only food item I've encountered that rivals the geoduck for obscenity. Barring (most of) those involving actual genitalia. 
  • Eld said:
    That may be the only food item I've encountered that rivals the geoduck for obscenity. Barring (most of) those involving actual genitalia. 
    Royal Clam. See video:

• Yup, that's the one.
  • And speaking of cooking, grabbed a few Moruga Scorpions from someone in the department who was giving away a pound of them.

Note sure yet what I'm going to do with them, but fairly confident I will not have a face afterward.
  • Why is this thread a thing. This is terrible. My stomach hates you all now.

That aside, plz bake4me. <3

I'm all alone since the divorce...and then the government repo'd my house and car and shoes...and then they took all my cooking supplies to redistribute to the wealthy. After that, they kicked me a little and laughed at me until I cried.

Okay that's all a lie, but Jesus you people make some delicious looking food.
  • Omg @Halios I hate you :c so hungry naw.
  • edited September 2014
    Fendrel said:
    Omg @Halios I hate you :c so hungry naw.
    @Fendrel Lo siento, mi amor.
  • Halios said:
    Fendrel said:
    Omg @Halios I hate you :c so hungry naw.
    @Fendrel Lo siento, mi amor.
    Te perdono.
  • Sweetbreads are out of the freezer.

Shit's gonna be glorious.
  • Eld said:
    And speaking of cooking, grabbed a few Moruga Scorpions from someone in the department who was giving away a pound of them.

Note sure yet what I'm going to do with them, but fairly confident I will not have a face afterward.
    Good lord I would love to cook with those. The hottest I've ever worked with was bhut jolokias, and I used to -grow- red savina habaneros. :(

• I'm a tea fan. Love tea... can't stand coffee. (I'm weird, sue me.)

I've been getting creative with my teas lately and recently made a egg salad using powdered tea leaves (Matcha). No pictures, it's just green egg salad, but it came out delicious.

I'm currently baking a Earl Grey Crème Brulee, and the custard is now one of my favourite things in desert.

Mine's not so pretty so here's a stolen picture and similar recipe

http://thewanderlustkitchen.com/earl-grey-creme-brulee/

My recipe uses half a vanilla bean or 1 tsp extract, also a tsp of lavender, and orange zest. for a recipe that serves four, if you use loose leaf teas use 2 tablespoons. You can steep your tea in the creme for a long long time. I did mine at 40 minutes.

• JeslynJeslyn United States
    As a paleo fan, I've had to figure out different ways to make food (especially meat) taste interesting. One of my dishes consists of chicken with a pineapple and curry blend topped with almonds. It's delicious! 
    Food.jpg 144.8K
  • UlrikeUlrike Maryland
    ^ recipes pls

• KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    All the recipes are from foodwishes.com.

Search for:
    -candied bacon
    -shrimp pasta salad
    -clifton ginger wings
    -spinach torta

End result: I underseasoned my wings. But the other three dishes BLEW. MY. MIND. I could barely believe the euphoria my taste buds were experiencing. :)
  • Kross said:
    Why is this thread a thing. This is terrible. My stomach hates you all now.

That aside, plz bake4me. <3

I'm all alone since the divorce...and then the government repo'd my house and car and shoes...and then they took all my cooking supplies to redistribute to the wealthy. After that, they kicked me a little and laughed at me until I cried.

Okay that's all a lie, but Jesus you people make some delicious looking food.
    It's alright, I'll bake for you bebe :)

Mannimar said:
    I'm a tea fan. Love tea... can't stand coffee. (I'm weird, sue me.)

I've been getting creative with my teas lately and recently made a egg salad using powdered tea leaves (Matcha). No pictures, it's just green egg salad, but it came out delicious.

I'm currently baking a Earl Grey Crème Brulee, and the custard is now one of my favourite things in desert.

Mine's not so pretty so here's a stolen picture and similar recipe

http://thewanderlustkitchen.com/earl-grey-creme-brulee/

My recipe uses half a vanilla bean or 1 tsp extract, also a tsp of lavender, and orange zest. for a recipe that serves four, if you use loose leaf teas use 2 tablespoons. You can steep your tea in the creme for a long long time. I did mine at 40 minutes.

Earl Grey Creme Brulee?

Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my hounds!
    Krenim: Hounds? How cliche.
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my rape gorilla!
    Krenim: ...We'll show ourselves out.
  • Berenene said:
    Lum said:

Cereal 

1. Acquire cereal
    2. Add milk (optional)
    Et presto, breakfast lunch and dinner. 

I'm going to die young. 
    It doesn't always work...trust me

That's what you get for tackling the optional steps before you've got the basics down.
This discussion has been closed.