Achaean Memes

Comments

• edited May 2019
    What's also amusing is how up in arms you get whenever someone says literally anything remotely 'bad' about Hashan. In a meme thread of all places.
    You need to log off the forums for a bit, champ.

• Asmodron said:
    Accipiter said:
    Well TBF I asked in city and got a whole bunch of non-answers so they are pretty correct.

You were given a discussion...for over an hour, with repeatedly told what it is, the scrolls to check for reference, books to pursue...and kept asking the -same question-. I was told by others to give up because you clearly were trolling but i'm quite stubborn and actually committed over an hour to it. Guess it really was pointless.
    I kept asking the same question because it was never answered. How can you have progress without a goal to measure it against?
  • edited May 2019
    Accipiter said:
    Asmodron said:
    Accipiter said:
    Well TBF I asked in city and got a whole bunch of non-answers so they are pretty correct.

You were given a discussion...for over an hour, with repeatedly told what it is, the scrolls to check for reference, books to pursue...and kept asking the -same question-. I was told by others to give up because you clearly were trolling but i'm quite stubborn and actually committed over an hour to it. Guess it really was pointless.
    I kept asking the same question because it was never answered. How can you have progress without a goal to measure it against?
    If you were level 54 yesterday, and you're level 55 today, you've made progress, whether or not it's your goal to make dragon. 

But I agree we should have goals in mind and I'm hoping Leadership has the end in mind and is just being mysterious about it as opposed to.. we're all on a ship with no one at the helm. 
  • ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    Isn't that kind of the point of darkness though?
  • And, it seems like they have a vision in mind, it's just hard to get everyone on the same page when you have so many political forces at work. 

• Accipiter said:
    Asmodron said:
    Accipiter said:

You seem to assume "Progress" matches a specific dictionary definition.

Not just the dictionary definition in general, because then you'd note that not all definitions involve any sort of goal. It can just mean general improvement.

However, that would be flawed too. In Achaea, whenever a word is capitalised like that, it's meant as a hint that it refers to some specific in-game ideal that only loosely relates to the word in question.

That is, Evil is not evil, Good is not good, Chaos is not chaos, and Progress is not progress.
  • edited May 2019
    yes but Evil is easily defined, as is Chaos, etc.. "Progress" isn't, and is also a word the other cities use regularly. It's like if I defined Targossas by saying they try to defend the Good Nature of the world, which would be both confusing and pointless.

Progress, much like 'science' at one point, are terrible ideas for a city identity. They're things the other cities do already. Contrast with, say, Evil. No one in Targossas will claim they do evil, but they will claim they do progress. "Progress" is like you skimmed over 3 of the other main ideologies and just picked what they had in common.
  • Progress is a tough tone to set. Mhaldor already preaches about advancement, and self improvement. They've established it so well for so long that it's hard to shake off the resonance with the Truths when someone speaks of Progress.

Zhedan's poem using heathens was also confusing when Hashan first aligned with the Tsol'teth.

Which is why I like my first interaction with Elon. The tone he set was more education than domination. It was a calm, patronizing, almost surgical logic.

I don't know if that's what Hashan will aim for, but I'm interested to see where they take things.
    "Alas. Alas for Hamlin. The Mayor sent east, west, north, and south. To offer the Piper by word of mouth. Wherever it was men's lot to find him, silver and gold to his heart's content. If only he'd return the way he went."
  • edited May 2019
    Whatever you say, @Kiet.
  • Jinos said:
    Progress is a tough tone to set. Mhaldor already preaches about advancement, and self improvement. They've established it so well for so long that it's hard to shake off the resonance with the Truths when someone speaks of Progress.

Zhedan's poem using heathens was also confusing when Hashan first aligned with the Tsol'teth.

Which is why I like my first interaction with Elon. The tone he set was more education than domination. It was a calm, patronizing, almost surgical logic.

I don't know if that's what Hashan will aim for, but I'm interested to see where they take things.
    That's how I see it too, though it's a tough act to follow, and Hashan wasn't exactly founded with the idea set in stone.

We could learn a bit from how the tsol'teth behave, so I hope we get more chances to interact with them.
  • ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol
    I don't think the TT want anything to do with loli catgirls, sorry.
  • Whatever you say, @Archaeon.
  • Cooper said:
    These are terrible memes.

• pls make one for that "Hey can I copy your homework; sure, but change it a little so it's not obvious" for seven truths - progress

• You get my 3am creative interpretation. . .
  • JiraishinJiraishin skulking
    Kiet said:
    Jiraishin said:
    Not really a meme, just a photo of Jiraishin teaching group combat tactics to a couple young Serpents.

looks fake, entire whiteboard isn't just an exceedingly realistic depiction of a bow and arrow with like shading and little hearts at the corners probably!!
    Nah man, before I photoshopped the whiteboard it also had "Fuck timewell, delete Aeonics" written at the top.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Asmodron said:
    Kresslack said:
    Not a meme, but I think Hashan is still trying to establish their identity more firmly.

I still find it very amusing that it is non-Hashani players..that debate and argue concerning Hashan RP...yet never approach Hashani players to try and understand or clarify any misinformation the player has.

I find it amusing you assume that all non-Hashani make such assumptions. I've known quite a bit of the active Hashani citizenry for years now, including a few have left recently, and their reasons why.

• JiraishinJiraishin skulking
    Less factional arguing, more memes.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • I'll through in a quick two cents. Progress kinda does have to have a goal. Given the example That proceeding from level 54 to 55 is progress - that's only progress if your goal is gathering experience, gaining levels etc. If your goal was to increase your gold and the curatives you had to buy cost more than the gold you gained while proceeding from 54 to 55 then that's not progress.
  • terrin'tuuran showed up once too :p

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States

• Yeah, but terrin'tuuran isn't overseen by Gattan'bagar as far as I know.
  • edited May 2019
    He trained Gattan'bahar, so yeah. Not overseen.

• Kresslack said:

I laughed way too hard at this... I love that meme :)