Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

New Layout and Look

Jumpy
Jumpy Administrator Posts: 42 ✭✭ - Stalwart
Hello everyone. 

As you can clearly see, we are working on some new looks for the forums. Please give it a few days before you lay into the hate too much. The new design should be significantly better for mobile users. It also has a much better interface for making comments and posting discussions.
DochithaRomaenWicaeUtianimaRyssaMorthifPrythe

Comments

• Saonji
    Saonji Member Posts: 755 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    BRING BACK OLD REACTION TAGS.

THEY ARE NEEDED IN TIMES LIKE THIS.
    RomaenBoosteyaNovaki
  • Dochitha
    Dochitha Member Posts: 1,473 @ - Epic Achaean
    Looks good! First glance, love it!
    AiwendilUtianima
  • Archaeon
    Archaeon Ur mums house lolMember Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    Gurklukke
  • Thaisen
    Thaisen Member Posts: 453 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    This is terrible.
    GurklukkeVeldrin
  • Gurklukke
    Gurklukke Member Posts: 68 ✭✭ - Stalwart
    REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
  • Amranu
    Amranu Member Posts: 806 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Are you going to do anything about search? Have you implemented this? https://success.vanillaforums.com/kb/articles/14-advanced-search

It's really annoying that we only get 10 results, this can't be intended behaviour.

IawaiBoosteya
  • Atalkez
    Atalkez Member, Secret Squirrel Posts: 5,467 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    I will accept this monstrosity in exchange for the LOL and WTF tags back, please.

Deucalion has cowardly declined the challenge of Atalkez to engage in mortal combat.

You hug Aurora compassionately.
    MelodieShirszaeIocunBoosteya
  • Atalkez
    Double post but, looks like code blocks or something aren't displaying properly.

If I click on the box, I can't see anything. Is it because the text is white due to the main background but within the box it's a white background so it's white on white?

Deucalion has cowardly declined the challenge of Atalkez to engage in mortal combat.

• Veldrin
    Veldrin DenmarkMember Posts: 528 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Why do you hate efficient use of space? Everything is so bloody big or spread out. Can we get a compact version?

CooperShecksBoosteya
  • Kaios
    Kaios Member Posts: 82
    edited March 1
    Atalkez said:
    Double post but, looks like code blocks or something aren't displaying properly.

If I click on the box, I can't see anything. Is it because the text is white due to the main background but within the box it's a white background so it's white on white?

That's the spoiler tag, I can't edit the post now to change it. You have to click it first and then highlight the text to see it.

Let's see how a code tag looks however:
    Hello I am a code block. Typing in me is impossible because my text appears as white.<br>Another Line<br>Another line<br>

• Jonathin
    Jonathin Retired in a hole.Member Posts: 3,397 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    The only things I dislike are how big the reactions are and the yellow. Idk what it is about dark grey and yellow, but it makes me want to hurl.

My site will remain up, but will not be maintained. The repository will continue to have scripts added to it if I decide to play another game. Maybe I'll see you around in Starmourn!
    Tutorials and scripts  The Repository

• Alinoe
    Alinoe Member Posts: 9
    As with every time a forum changes layout, I recognize that this is objectively better than the old layout and hate it anyway.
    JumpyPeakLyndeeTysandr
  • Jumpy
    Kaios said:
    Atalkez said:

That's the spoiler tag, I can't edit the post now to change it. You have to click it first and then highlight the text to see it.

Let's see how a code tag looks however:
    Hello I am a code block. Typing in me is impossible because my text appears as white.<br>Another Line<br>Another line<br>
    asdfsdf
    I am working on this.
  • Kog
    Kog Member Posts: 295 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    reactions on Twitter the godfather marlon brando look how they massacred  my boy
    Old reactions at least would definitely help soothe the pain and suffering.

TreyHalosBoosteya
  • Jumpy

Okay, the code block option should work better now. The editor had not been updated yet. Notice the paragraph symbol to the left that will let you select the format of the text you are writing.

This is a test.

UtianimaBoosteya
  • Kresslack
    Kresslack Florida, United StatesMember Posts: 6,566 @@ - Legendary Achaean

Can we make signature spaces and reaction avatars about half the size they are now?

Tahquil
  • Archaeon
    Archaeon Ur mums house lolMember Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Thaisen
  • Atalkez

Looks a lot better on mobile. Let’s get these reactions back @Jumpy come on buddy!

ThaisenBoosteya
  • Cooper
    Cooper Member Posts: 5,742 @@ - Legendary Achaean

It is very challenging to see where a post starts and where signatures start/end.

Challenging to see who posted a new post, or when the last post was made.

• Axios2
    Axios2 Member Posts: 37 ✭✭ - Stalwart
    edited March 1

thanks, I hate it

(mostly just teasing)

• Maht
    Maht Member Posts: 79 ✭✭ - Stalwart

The text field for username in the "Who's Online' section seems to be white on white when you mouse-over to see the name.

That's kinda a nitpick but I figure that issue may pop up elsewhere. Thank you for taking suggestions.

• Greys
    Greys Member, Seafaring Liason Posts: 749 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean

It looks really kindof hard on the eyes and until I saw this thread, I thought something was really wrong with the forum.

GurklukkeBoosteya
  • Peak
    Peak Member Posts: 909 @ - Epic Achaean

I'm a DWC runewarden without other classes. Clearly I hate change.

postscript REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

KinilanBoosteya
  • Kinilan
    Kinilan Member, Seafaring Liason Posts: 1,338 @@ - Legendary Achaean

The "Latest Post" column on any page is removed when viewed in portrait.

• Shirszae
    Shirszae Santo DomingoMember Posts: 3,506 @@ - Legendary Achaean

I don't agree this is better for mobile navegation. I think it's mostly the spaciousness of everything that throws things off.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

ShecksGurklukke
  • Milabar
    Milabar Member Posts: 316 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent

I'm not sure this is better for mobile, at least for me then what it was before, but i'm sure it'll work itself out.

• Shecks
    Shecks Member Posts: 931 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    edited March 2

I am stoked to see that this is happening, but I also agree that it's very big and chunky. I already used desktop mode on the old one (on mobile) but now even that is too big. The mobile version feels like I'm seeing about 2% of the page at a time, even on my XL phone - and there are quite a lot of single posts that take up like 6 screens worth of scrolling. Honestly the format feel like it's aimed at boomers, not young people who have decent eyesight* and know how to use a browser :p.

*Not a jab at people who don't have perfect eyesight - but I think in an ideal world you'd assume people can read "normal" (much smaller sized) text and provide an alternative people who cannot or prefer not to.

One thing that would help mobile users a lot is if we didn't have 10-ish pinned threads all the time (noting some have long since been closed / no longer relevant).

Boosteya
Sign In to Comment.