Third Black Wave: Electric Boogaloo

Comments

• But I do find it amusing that people are dumping on people who are like "Nah this is fine, cataclysms happen every few decades", but also feeling like acting that your city is gone for good is "Bizarre".
    How so?
    The former is slapping down a shitty attitude from certain people who try and crap on the admin when they run big events like this. The latter is basically telling people to chill and see what happens, rather than overreact and make rash decisions / rage at admin.

• The answer is Nature.  Last time Hashan released the qlippah and tried to kill Blu for a fragment, it was a forest ritual of Twilight and Demeter.  The forests are huge land masses imbued with Divine power.  

The qlippah is also why IG I am so against Hashan and them having more than one shrine in the DW.  They keep trying to harness the forests power for shit like this! 

Now I wish I could actually have time to log in instead of working 12hr days, last homeworks, and finals.  But pedos don't catch themselves...  well, technically they do because of NCMEC and hash values but... I digress.

• Mroxyl said:
    My last post, I said it was interesting. I didn't say it's fun, because it's not for me. I have zero interest in PvP, which is what a lot of this seems to be turning into. Outside of that, you can play whack a mole endlessly with the tide creatures. Yay?

Losing the city, my house, and everything I've put into it has made it worse. I've played every city and village that has any interest me, and that's why I play in Cyrene. Moving isn't an interest at all.  I'm at the point of wishing I'd not made my monthly payment two days ago, because I'd have cancelled it last night.
    The salt is strong with this one. Perhaps you should consider that the game doesn't revolve around your enjoyment, and your wants. 
  • Caelan said:
    The answer is Nature.  Last time Hashan released the qlippah and tried to kill Blu for a fragment, it was a forest ritual of Twilight and Demeter.  The forests are huge land masses imbued with Divine power.  

The qlippah is also why IG I am so against Hashan and them having more than one shrine in the DW.  They keep trying to harness the forests power for shit like this! 

Now I wish I could actually have time to log in instead of working 12hr days, last homeworks, and finals.  But pedos don't catch themselves...  well, technically they do because of NCMEC and hash values but... I digress.
    Qlippah are ritualistic beings summoned out of the use of Kabballah (something not really mentioned much these days). Doesnt have much to do with forests. We just like to suckle upon Darkenwood cause we can :>
  • Longest...fricken...city log i've ever seen in my years of Achaea. I actually got exhausted of sending "more" each time, just to check updates. So grateful next day came...though now filling up with bounties being claimed which is gonna be loooots.
  • God I want to be a tsol'teth so much. 

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • I want a scoreboard of Hashani guards killed!

i'm a rebel

• edited April 2019
    Tesha said:
    I want a scoreboard of Hashani guards killed!
    I was denied to see Mhaldor's, thus I shall deny as well ><

(will probably just post it later though)

• Jiraishin said:
    God I want to be a tsol'teth so much. 
    It may not be off the table completely, just very unlikely.
  • Lenn said:
    Jiraishin said:
    DON'T SPOIL MY DREAMS. ME AND TRUSAD'AN ARE GOING TO BE BEST BROS. 

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • Jiraishin said:
    Lenn said:
    Jiraishin said:

Image result for she crazy

• Jiraishin said:
    Lenn said:
    Jiraishin said:
    On the contrary, what I'm saying is that you'll have to work very hard to make it reality!

You may also end up enemied to the entire world, but that's a small price to pay, right?
  • edited April 2019
    Lenn said:
    Jiraishin said:
    Lenn said:
    Jiraishin said:
    On the contrary, what I'm saying is that you'll have to work very hard to make it reality!

You may also end up enemied to the entire world, but that's a small price to pay, right?
    Wtb super-necromancy for being world enemies :(.
  • Aegoth said:
    Mroxyl said:
    My last post, I said it was interesting. I didn't say it's fun, because it's not for me. I have zero interest in PvP, which is what a lot of this seems to be turning into. Outside of that, you can play whack a mole endlessly with the tide creatures. Yay?

Losing the city, my house, and everything I've put into it has made it worse. I've played every city and village that has any interest me, and that's why I play in Cyrene. Moving isn't an interest at all.  I'm at the point of wishing I'd not made my monthly payment two days ago, because I'd have cancelled it last night.
    The salt is strong with this one. Perhaps you should consider that the game doesn't revolve around your enjoyment, and your wants. 

The game doesn't, we're in complete agreement there. I was pointing out that there are those who don't find the current options appealing. 

I like PvE, which should make the whack a mole something I'd love. If we could get normal crits against them, it probably would. As it is, it gets tedious fast. The good part of it is seeing cities work together and coordinate.

As for my wants, I pay for my wants. If a game doesn't provide enjoyment and offer the things that I want to play, why would I pay for it?
  • Tried to get my house involved.  Didn't go great.   :'(
  • I have the biggest e-crush on Hycanthus. Marry me. <3 
  • Me listening to the leaders 'discuss':

Image result for bored face

Pigtails and all.

• Asmodron said:
    Caelan said:
    The answer is Nature.  Last time Hashan released the qlippah and tried to kill Blu for a fragment, it was a forest ritual of Twilight and Demeter.  The forests are huge land masses imbued with Divine power.  

Qlippah are ritualistic beings summoned out of the use of Kabballah (something not really mentioned much these days). Doesnt have much to do with forests. We just like to suckle upon Darkenwood cause we can :>
    Qlippah came about from sucking the energy from the forests, so they do have to do with it.  The ritual, as I understand it, to summon them wouldn't have been possible without the energy from the wardens of the forest. Point being, the forests have been infused with Divine essence from Gaia.  Pretty sure between Gaia, Phaestus, Aegis, and Aeyr, they're the eldest Gods with the most pwn in the tank.  Harness the forests, and bury Hashan and their constant meddling in the Sciences they don't understand (including these Tsol'teth).   [an IC way of saying delete Hashan]

Granted, as I've said multiple times, I can't play right now because I have way too much going on until about mid week (and technically next Monday the 6th) so I'm just going off what I read here (read:skim) in 5 minute bursts.

• I've been mulling this over a bit, and I wonder how the staff feel about taking on such proactive roles with this.

Giving up a character even for a good cause must not be easy. 

But to be given the chance to be Tsol'teth, fight other people, interact with other people, and even align with a city. I wonder if it feels close to being able to play an adventurer again.  :)
    "Alas. Alas for Hamlin. The Mayor sent east, west, north, and south. To offer the Piper by word of mouth. Wherever it was men's lot to find him, silver and gold to his heart's content. If only he'd return the way he went."
  • edited April 2019
    Jinos said:
    Giving up a character even for a good cause must not be easy.
    I mean for some of them it's their RL job. A number of them do get paid to kill the playerbase, I'm sure that's invaluable.

• Might be justified with all the headaches we give them.

Still, I couldn't imagine not feeling any twinge for the days of being a normal player even if I did get paid to look after them instead. 
    "Alas. Alas for Hamlin. The Mayor sent east, west, north, and south. To offer the Piper by word of mouth. Wherever it was men's lot to find him, silver and gold to his heart's content. If only he'd return the way he went."
  • I gotta ask, what was with the Imp Lord at that meeting? Why the Imp Lord to represent 'the young?' Why did he have to play such a buffoon role? Is this what admins think of newbies and/or those who associate with newbies? How does a Minia denizen represent 'the young?' He's certainly not young himself. Why not an actual newbie? Why was there no representative for the city-free, perhaps instead?
    Miin-aan baash kimini-sij-i-gan bitooyin sij-i-gan-i bukwayszhiigan = blueberry π
  • Uh.

They wanted everyone to have a chance to be involved. 

Minia is only accessible to newbies.

Imp Lord rules part of Minia, so represents them.

He doesn't understand he's not strong cause he's never left Minia before.

• It was funny to hear the Imp Lord talk about how strong they are, and the ogres that protect them.
  • Cooper said:
    Uh.

Nice intent, but you missed what I was asking.

Cooper said:

Minia is not the only newbie area. Why, out of all possible newbie-area denizens, the imp lord?

Why a newbie-area denizen to represent the young? Most of the interaction they get is... get quest corpses, get killed. If it had to be a newbie area denizen, why not Tenobob of Lodi? At least she tutors!

Cooper said:

Imp Lord does not represent newbies by ruling part of Minia. He represents imps, you know, other little denizens, by ruling over Minia. By your logic, those who raid Mhaldor represent Mhaldor. See the problem?

Cooper said:

...Come on, he's been mad at the pixie queen for... yeesh, longer than 500 in-game years? Over her not being interested in him? He doesn't understand he's not strong because his umwelt is possibly smaller than Minia.
    Miin-aan baash kimini-sij-i-gan bitooyin sij-i-gan-i bukwayszhiigan = blueberry π
  • Cooper said:
    Uh.

I'm pretty sure he was only there for comic relief.

Arguably, poking fun at the meeting itself, and the possible ineffectiveness at relying on hastily-gathered representatives to truly represent the populations they're meant to.

In other words, he wasn't there to give everyone a "chance to be involved" (do you seriously think he could have possibly represented newbies in any capacity?), but to poke fun at the fact that they *can't* give everyone such a chance.
  • The real comedy wasn't the wizard or imp though, but Belen, who attended the whole meeting without uttering a single word.

Thanks to what I assume is an admin mistake, she didn't even introduce herself, Barak did.

Would only have been a better representation of player politics if denizens could fall asleep or get logged out.