The ongoing Yggdrasil event

Comments

• Asmodron said:
    Waiting for that artifact/talisman set that allows you to hold more than 1 elemental form

Can concretely say there are no plans for such a thing!

• Makarios said:
    So, just so people can make a bit more of an informed decision if they're struggling:

- Earth lord is basically a pure limb damage class. It's not the fastest but not the slowest. It's also the most defensively focussed of the lords (high mitigation, lots of defensive actives). The offense is relatively simple but the delayed nature of calcify lets you do some fun things, and you get some very powerful team abilities, having probably the best team initiate in the game. Due to the nature of titan you are also probably the scariest lord on your home plane.

- Fire lords are very offensively oriented and an attrition/burst damage class. They're more resource based (though do pressure elixir balance) and gain a lot of their explosive damage from messing with your fire resistance. Their balance times vary a lot, ranging from very fast to pretty slow. If you like traditional affliction stacking this probably isn't the lord for you: its much more based around the brands and resource management, and intelligently making use of primalwill.

- Water lords are a more traditional affliction style based around stacking etc. This is something most of you are probably pretty familiar with already and can work out the basics for without needing much input. They don't truelock - their locking route is strictly focus only. For teams they're very good at control, having some vary situationally strong beckon style abilities. This lord is probably the least "team flashy", but also one of the most impactful if played well in my opinion.

- Air lords is our first smoke focussed affliction offense. It's also different to what most of you have seen before in that it only delivers one affliction per round, but uses relapses and other such things to build stacks. A big challenge here was a lot of our smoke affs are our seriously powerful afflictions (hellsight, aeon) or share a cure (slickness), so the pool of afflictions to work with is very small. Air lord for that reason is very bursty at certain points. That said, a lot of these afflictions are also very weak and lack powerful passive benefits like most herb afflictions do. For teams, this lord has strong mobility aides/limitors. I'll crush some dreams now and mention that while skyhammer is coming destabilise grounding will be unable to function.
    How is their hunting like in terms of DPS ranking?
  • Dochitha said:
    Makarios said:
    So, just so people can make a bit more of an informed decision if they're struggling:

- Earth lord is basically a pure limb damage class. It's not the fastest but not the slowest. It's also the most defensively focussed of the lords (high mitigation, lots of defensive actives). The offense is relatively simple but the delayed nature of calcify lets you do some fun things, and you get some very powerful team abilities, having probably the best team initiate in the game. Due to the nature of titan you are also probably the scariest lord on your home plane.

- Fire lords are very offensively oriented and an attrition/burst damage class. They're more resource based (though do pressure elixir balance) and gain a lot of their explosive damage from messing with your fire resistance. Their balance times vary a lot, ranging from very fast to pretty slow. If you like traditional affliction stacking this probably isn't the lord for you: its much more based around the brands and resource management, and intelligently making use of primalwill.

- Water lords are a more traditional affliction style based around stacking etc. This is something most of you are probably pretty familiar with already and can work out the basics for without needing much input. They don't truelock - their locking route is strictly focus only. For teams they're very good at control, having some vary situationally strong beckon style abilities. This lord is probably the least "team flashy", but also one of the most impactful if played well in my opinion.

- Air lords is our first smoke focussed affliction offense. It's also different to what most of you have seen before in that it only delivers one affliction per round, but uses relapses and other such things to build stacks. A big challenge here was a lot of our smoke affs are our seriously powerful afflictions (hellsight, aeon) or share a cure (slickness), so the pool of afflictions to work with is very small. Air lord for that reason is very bursty at certain points. That said, a lot of these afflictions are also very weak and lack powerful passive benefits like most herb afflictions do. For teams, this lord has strong mobility aides/limitors. I'll crush some dreams now and mention that while skyhammer is coming destabilise grounding will be unable to function.
    How is their hunting like in terms of DPS ranking?
    Leave something to secrets and testing! Want to have something to trade with other elementals regarding information! :D
  • It'll be interesting to see how it all plays out. If dragon bashing is better, but combat is much stronger as an elemental lord, or everything ends up pretty even. I'd really like to know how strong the rampaging hydra is, it sounds hilariously awesome. And at this point, who knows.. it may even aggro mobs to help you hunt! (Totes won't, but I can dream)
  • Hmm, we were promised both rewards...and repercussions for the actions that occurred within the event. I've yet to see any actual lasting repercussions...if anything it seems the Emissaries, once angered by certain events...have experienced memory loss.
  • Asmodron said:
    Hmm, we were promised both rewards...and repercussions for the actions that occurred within the event. I've yet to see any actual lasting repercussions...if anything it seems the Emissaries, once angered by certain events...have experienced memory loss.
    I think our blood island is still there, and Vastar still running around!
  • edited December 2017
    Minifie said:
    Asmodron said:
    Hmm, we were promised both rewards...and repercussions for the actions that occurred within the event. I've yet to see any actual lasting repercussions...if anything it seems the Emissaries, once angered by certain events...have experienced memory loss.

Those are not negative repercussions...those are most definitely rewards.

So far it looks like a 'have your cake and eat it too' scenario.
  • Asmodron said:
    Minifie said:
    Asmodron said:

I'm pretty sure it's harder to gain standing with Water, maybe especially for Mhaldorians, but can't be sure. So I wouldn't say there weren't any negative repercussions!
  • Asmodron said:
    Minifie said:
    Asmodron said:

Vastar back means @kyrra and @klendathu are going to go on a rampage, and I'm scared to think what those two will do... Bal'met is going to look like a squeeze toy :scream:
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Minifie said:
    Asmodron said:
    Minifie said:
    Asmodron said:

Vastar back means @kyrra and @klendathu are going to go on a rampage, and I'm scared to think what those two will do... Bal'met is going to look like a squeeze toy :scream:
    We are known for our unfettered, mercurial rampages, tis true.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Alrena said:
    Asmodron said:
    Minifie said:
    Asmodron said:

I'm pretty sure it's harder to gain standing with Water, maybe especially for Mhaldorians, but can't be sure. So I wouldn't say there weren't any negative repercussions!
    If Mhaldorians can gain standing with Water at all that's a little odd, given what you guys did and the wording of the Events post. If it's possible, even if it's hard, that does make it seem like there aren't actually consequences for decisions (though obviously we don't know how much content didn't get introduced [yet] because of choices that were made).

I'm not saying Mhaldorians should never be able to gain standing with them, just that this really seems like the kind of thing that should require a lot of work before that was even an option. Maybe that is already the case, I guess we'll find out.
  • Antonius said:
    Alrena said:
    Asmodron said:
    Minifie said:
    Asmodron said:

If Mhaldorians can gain standing with Water at all that's a little odd, given what you guys did and the wording of the Events post. If it's possible, even if it's hard, that does make it seem like there aren't actually consequences for decisions (though obviously we don't know how much content didn't get introduced [yet] because of choices that were made).

I'm not saying Mhaldorians should never be able to gain standing with them, just that this really seems like the kind of thing that should require a lot of work before that was even an option. Maybe that is already the case, I guess we'll find out.
    Definitely true, though the Emissary seemed to not differentiate Mhaldor from other 'Prime'.
  • Makarios said:
    I sense a great deal of manual labour in the future of Mhaldorians wanting to be water lords.

Can't imagine why.
    If only there was manual labour to be done. : (
  • Alrena said:
    Makarios said:
    I sense a great deal of manual labour in the future of Mhaldorians wanting to be water lords.

Can't imagine why.
    If only there was manual labour to be done. : (

Even corrupting peasants need breaks occasionally.

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    edited December 2017
    Do all the factions have such forced breaks? Water stopped giving tasks to me a fair while ago but people from other faction don't seem to have run into any sort of pause

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Shirszae said:
    Do all the factions have such forced breaks? Water stopped giving tasks to me a fair while ago but people from other faction don't seem to have run into any sort of pause
    I've definitely run into a break.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Depends on how far you are, I've not hit one for fire but I might be behind what you guys have done. I'm not sure.
  • Is the Volcano Fire or Earth?
  • Rangor said:
    Is the Volcano Fire or Earth?
    Fiiiiiya!
    Minifie said:
    Depends on how far you are, I've not hit one for fire but I might be behind what you guys have done. I'm not sure.
    From what I've heard, at least, you are definitely ahead.

@Rangor The volcano is Fire.

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Water's definitely been on break for over 12 hours now. :(

I also noticed when I woke up, that my standing with Water had fallen from Trusted to Friendly. Considering the break, that feels super harsh when it's already hard as heck to even get out of peasant.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Was Fanatical when leaving work, am afraid to log back in now :(
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

Melodie said:
    Water's definitely been on break for over 12 hours now. :(

I also noticed when I woke up, that my standing with Water had fallen from Trusted to Friendly. Considering the break, that feels super harsh when it's already hard as heck to even get out of peasant.
    My own standing hasnt fallen, but I've definitely been on break for over 12 hours as well.

I heard similar from another Mhaldorian that their standing fell while they slept. Unsure if it's just a Mhaldorian problem or what.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    From what I gather, loyalty (FEELINGS VILLAGES) goes down normally (much the same as being hated by things you bash), but your rank itself (ELEMENTALFACTION) doesn't, once you've progressed?
    Huh. Neat.
    Does FEELINGS VILLAGES tie into how you get your progressive rank, though? Have to reach a certain point, then you get your rank? I dunno. If it doesn't actually do anything then I won't worry about it, I just can't tell yet.
  • They all look cool! I'm having a crisis of elemental faith. The Nereian in me calls to the water faction, but affliction offense is not my jam. I'm more on the defense, hunting, exploration utility side. Can I request travel from a flooded room to preset bodies of water for my life problems? :D
  • Thank God I'm not the only one with long ass breaks. 

But jeez, any information about it?