The ongoing Yggdrasil event

Comments

• Sena said:
    I realise nobody has gotten that far yet and so information is pretty limited, but is the impression so far that Elemental Lord requires being dragon-level, or does it seem like something that a mid-level character can do?
    From what I have seen I don't think a midlevel could do it on their own, but depending on how a few things work, I think some friendly dragons might be able to carry them through it.
  • Xaden said:
    @Ictinus @Makarios @Nicola @RNGeesus What are the chances of making our mounts follow us through the flames? I'm leaving animals scattered across the universe...
    At this moment it's not possible, but we're looking for a solution that won't render half of Yggdrasil broken and most of Achaea covered in chasing rats.
  • Asmodron said:
    Chellen, the administrator says, "Good. Just a few more questions. Which God, if any, do you
    worship? Please use this format: "My patron is", followed by Their name. Alternatively, simply say,
    I have no patron, if you have none."

You say with an Arcadian accent, "My Patron is Khalas."
    Chellen, the administrator tuts loudly, eyes flashing with annoyance.
    Chellen, the administrator says, "Serious answers only, Asmodron. Do not play games."

-.-
    God damn it man, where are the spoilers :(
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

• Nicola said:
    Xaden said:
    @Ictinus @Makarios @Nicola @RNGeesus What are the chances of making our mounts follow us through the flames? I'm leaving animals scattered across the universe...
    At this moment it's not possible, but we're looking for a solution that won't render half of Yggdrasil broken and most of Achaea covered in chasing rats.
    Can you just make the Glass Shatterer trait summon mounts from other planes, too?
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Nazihk said:
    Nicola said:
    Xaden said:
    Can you just make the Glass Shatterer trait summon mounts from other planes, too?
    That kinda ruins the whole point of having the platinum whistle.
    Huh. Neat.
  • edited December 2017
    That makes it basically the platinum whistle, don't think they will do that, but I could be wrong.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    edited December 2017
    Sena said:
    I realise nobody has gotten that far yet and so information is pretty limited, but is the impression so far that Elemental Lord requires being dragon-level, or does it seem like something that a mid-level character can do?

I haven't had time to play in the new areas at all, I'm really looking forward to the end of the month when I'll have some time off work to go exploring.
    Considering it probably requires killing a "does not even register your presence as a threat" denizen, one Dragon might not even be able to do it alone, let alone a mid-level.

A mid-level might get it if he has strong friends getting these high-level corpses for him, though.
  • Nicola said:
    Xaden said:
    Understood! Thank you :)
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• Air getting free duanatharan, that's crazy good, if I ever go air time to trade in wings. Bet a large population will get air for that... Love all the elements, can I ELEMENT SWITCH? please...
  • Dochitha said:
    Air getting free duanatharan, that's crazy good, if I ever go air time to trade in wings. Bet a large population will get air for that... Love all the elements, can I ELEMENT SWITCH? please...
    Yeah..I cant help but be concerned...and a bit envious of it. They have an ability that is the equivalent of a 2000 credit artifact (2000+ since it can even take you to a further level), arguably one of, it not thee, most useful utility artifact.

I reviewed the others and couldnt find something that can relate to that level.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Clearly Air is the superior element. Those 300+ cores went to good use.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Clearly Air is best because lightning.

All hail the lightning gods.

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

• Looks like a light saber...
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    wait what. So people that just spend time doing quests for air basically get a free 2000cr artie?
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • Jonathin said:
    wait what. So people that just spend time doing quests for air bashing for gold basically get a free 2000cr artie?

Yeah, turns out doing things in-game can accumulate wealth.  Huh.
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    edited December 2017

Yeah, that was not the point of my post. Also, sorry, but 2000cr bashing will certainly take a lot longer than people rushing to get free duanatharan.

I think that I finally understand the bitter people who spent money on an artie only to have it show up as free later.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    They give out Atavian wings and Veils left and right during Wheel spins, etc. already for zero effort.

For all you know, the Elemental Lord achievement is going to be on the difficulty scale of finishing the Margan wheel, or foray map. They're certainly not the least bit easy even in the first steps.
  • edited December 2017
    What do the other elements get? Also, where's it listed what benefits are given?
    Edit: I found the skill lists.
  • It has some drawbacks the artefact doesn't (can't be used paralysed, loses entourage and has an equilibrium cost, for starters).

Regardless, something being an artefact doesn't preclude us from adding it to a skill as a general rule. There are some exceptions to that rule of course.
  • It just looks like a variation of gare in my eyes. While in this greater form, you get access to a sweet travel ability. 

Not worth trading in wings for unless you intend to be an air lord 24/7, I expect.
  • Seems like air’s final skill is a bit underwhelming compared to the others. Maybe to offset the duanatharan!
  • edited December 2017
    Fire's triple raido sounds pretty nice as a travel ability too. Especially since wings can be bought as an artefact, so fire can have both abilities (minus the stratosphere, I don't know anything about that).

Edit: Triple raido plus grove return, so four rooms of your choice you can return to.
  • edited December 2017
    Got Lolstomped by the deserter denizen T__T Idk how unartied people are gonna do this, I've been getting my butt whooped by most things and am a dragon.

Overall super cool though, the areas are hugeeeee. I just don't know if the xp is worth the amount losing from dying repeatedly.
  • Wicella said:
    Got Lolstomped by the deserter denizen T__T Idk how unartied people are gonna do this, I've been getting my butt whooped by most things and am a dragon.

Overall super cool though, the areas are hugeeeee. I just don't know if the xp is worth the amount losing from dying repeatedly.
    If anything seems unreasonably strong please BUG it with the denizen ID number. Needless to say there are thousands of moving parts at work here so some things may have slipped through - deserter being one which is now fixed.
    "If you build it, they will come."
  • Water looked a lot like Occultist minus the entities.

Also, pretty sure you're gonna have to tone down Earth if the current ratio holds true.
  • Ictinus said:
    Wicella said:

If anything seems unreasonably strong please BUG it with the denizen ID number. Needless to say there are thousands of moving parts at work here so some things may have slipped through - deserter being one which is now fixed.
    BUG Can't get 4 elemental lord statuses and use my amazing spirit to become captain planet
  • Is there any update to earth lords Magma ability? When I checked, and reading Vika's log, Magma has no information.

• Solnir said:

Is there any update to earth lords Magma ability? When I checked, and reading Vika's log, Magma has no information.

Oops, fixed. That was a depricated ability that never had its ability entry removed.

• Waiting for that artifact/talisman set that allows you to hold more than 1 elemental form