Raiding Mechanics

Comments

• Aegoth is simply a bully who likes to hear his own voice.

Asmodron is spot on. When you are raided 2 /3 times a day, the novelty soon starts to wear thin, win or lose. 

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • edited February 2018
    otoh when you post to public 'come get us' several times what do you expect.

I empathize with not wanting to be raided constantly, but you also have to realize that

1) actions have consequences (generally inapplicable to cyrene, tho)

2) it's not usually the same people, on the same timezones, that are raiding so regularly. You'll get ashtan squad at 3 am, then you'll get mhaldor in mid day, then targ at night. They don't necessarily all know about the other group raiding earlier, so what's there to do?
  • I have no issue with raiding, we all have reasons to. That's not a complaint.

• Well, no, but it's the constant raiding that's the issue here, isn't it? I think it's reasonable to expect the same group of people to not raid the same city 7 nights in a week, but I'm not sure how you can coordinate beyond that is my point.

If the yells are your issue then sure, I hate yells on either side, but pretty much every city has a constant need to yell/shout on either offense or defense.
  • 7 nights in a week is ridiculous.
    6 nights though? Perfect.

Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
  • The issue isnt with raiding in itself. While I do expect common sense to play a part in people understanding not to overdo it, that indeed was not the point being made.

The issue was the mentality behind raiding. Either you're a coward and 'you're not playing the game right' or you are playing it right and in doing so are subject to continuous deaths by more artied/skilled people. The more artied/skilled always win while those not so...well as I said before, are told to 'git gud'.

There seems to be this unwritten rule circulating that you -have- to satisfy any raiders that come, or you will be bitched at for not 'playing the game right'. I dont know where it came from, but it is there. Even when numbers are clearly not in your favor or they choose to raid at terrible times...if you do not comply, you are somehow in the wrong.

I do wish there was more flexibility to it.
  • I miss the days of Ashtan raiding several times a day for real life months straight. This is not an exaggeration.

• edited February 2018
    Don't flex muscles you don't have, then. All of the public posts Hashan has made, lately, have been aggressive and antagonizing. You, yourself, have been fueling this, and signing Hashan's death warrant. The fact you're bitching about it now is fucking hilarity and a symphony to my ears. 
  • Aegoth said:
    Don't flex muscles you don't have, then. All of the public posts Hashan has made, lately, have been aggressive and antagonizing. You, yourself, have been fueling this, and signing Hashan's death warrant. The fact you're bitching about it now is fucking hilarity and a symphony to my ears. 
    The way you're treating this is literally defining the very mentality i'm talking about. "Big boys own this playground. You play by our rules".

The posts made were to clarify Hashan's stance in this world. No one is complaining about that, nor is anyone complaining about the reaction. The reaction itself was indeed planned for.

Death warrant? That's an exaggeration. You forget this is a game and as a game I am specifying how the mentality of raiding seems to be toxic (by the very stance you seem to be taking in your post).

We dont have an issue with being raided or raiding, else we wouldnt be keeping it up. What I have an issue with is the mentality and inflexibility of it.

It was however amusing to see you believe you're somehow 'punishing' the city based on "you dont have the muscles to be a player in this game"
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Cooper said:
    I miss the days of Ashtan raiding several times a day for real life months straight. This is not an exaggeration.
    With more numbers, artefacts, veils, superior raiding classes (broken ones really) repeatedly towards only one city.  Was ridiculous, I may dick punch someone now.
  • I wonder what people would say now if it happened to them like it did to Shallam before.

• edited February 2018
    The thing for me as MinWar isn't that I don't want to engage. Sometimes the best course of action is not to. Especially with an entrenched group in who has just as many combatants as I have defenders total. I don't mind our non-coms coming. Hell our non-coms add up to be a lot of damage even if all they do is kill, but I feel obligated to some extent to care about their enjoyment as MinWar and not just the task at hand. I often find even though I can tell everyone else is burnt out and not feeling it because its been consistent... I have to rush because someone starts killing guards. I'm not just going to watch every guard get wiped and cost the city millions of gold. So while we do sometimes have the option to say no thanks nobody is feeling it... that quickly gets erased when people start roaming and killing guards. That being said there are a lot of people in Cyrene who do not enjoy it and defend because they care about the city and not because they necessarily enjoy combat. We've had a lot of people lately who have been working on something. Whether its Elemental Lord or tradeskills/hunting and they play the same time zone the raids have been happening. They have 2-4 hour gap they can play each night and every night for a while its been filled with raids. A few exceptions but for the most part I don't think thats exaggerated. So they're getting burnt out having to spend all of their time here defending and not things they've been trying to do for a while now. I'm not throwing shade at anyone at all as you don't even need a reason to raid another city, but I think that has a lot to do with people getting burnt out. The timing and consistency. Not just the consistency.
  • Message received. We will be more cognizant of that. But for the love of all things sacred, it's MoW, not MinWar! Geeeeeez :P
  • edited February 2018
    Puxi said:
    Message received. We will be more cognizant of that. But for the love of all things sacred, it's MoW, not MinWar! Geeeeeez :P
    MinOWar. Triggered yet? :lol:

Edit: Leave me alone. :( Was in the military and I like to shorten words like that. Secretary of the Navy. SecNav.
  • can I be a MiniWar?
  • GOD FUCKING DAMMIT CALL IT "MOW" NOT MINWAR
  • For the record, I'm always amenable to being bribed to go away. Break out your wallets, peace lovers of Sapience! We're open for business!
  • Aegoth said:
    GOD FUCKING DAMMIT CALL IT "MOW" NOT MINWAR
    no I dun wanna
  • Aegoth said:
    Holy fuck, have you missed the point here. 

• edited February 2018
    Edit - not needed

• Yep. My philosophy is - if it ain’t fun, don’t do it. Works for a majority of problems in Achaea. 
    Give us -real- shop logs! Not another misinterpretation of features we ask for, turned into something that either doesn't help at all, or doesn't remotely resemble what we wanted to begin with.

Thanks!

Current position of some of the playerbase, instead of expressing a desire to fix problems:

Vhaynna: "Honest question - if you don't like Achaea or the current admin, why do you even bother playing?"

• Find their trigger, push it and laugh at their rage!

• Conjure illusion (Party): Rangor says, “Target: Rangor”.

replyissue pwnt

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Alrena said:
    I don't understand the problem, who cares if your enemies call you cowards? If you don't want to fight, for whatever reason, don't fight. Who cares if they call you names and talk big. Most of the times this is just an IC reaction and doesn't represent how the players OOC feel about it. I understand raid fatigue and all that, but seriously... just don't respond if your team doesn't want to. Even in Mhaldor people aren't obligated to defend.
    I think the last page or so of posts have made obvious some of the OOC attitudes involved.
  • I recall another time when a specific group made a public post and said “Come at us!” And when we did, they issued promptly.

To this day in don’t know why you would make a public post saying “Come at me” (p.s. that’s not a direct quote) to people who you KNOW will come fight you every chance they can.... then be upset when they do it.

I would just advise to not make posts inviting aggressive action  if you don’t want aggressive reactions. There are so many other ways to put down or lord your superiority over another city or ethos.