SImple enough question. We all have access to the same abilities, but it's boring picturing everyone doing the same cookie-cutter routine. If someone were to animate your character fighting, what would it look like? This is primarily a question to those of you with martial skills, but I suppose magic users can contribute as well (except for @Aegoth
. There are enough ISIS videos online, I don't need to watch another video of a suicide bomber).
As an Infernal, Trey is something of an oddity. Think the measured, controlled cuts of a European arming sword and the rapid, staccato rhythm of a fencer, coupled with a generous helping of the sweeping, circular motions and footwork of Chinese swordsmanship. His movements emphasize feints and misdirection, a flashy, almost mocking style that sometimes seems more concerned with causing pain than damage. It is very disorienting and effective against opponents of lower skill, but experienced fighters learn his patterns quickly and find them lacking.
As a Blademaster, he has yet to swing anything other than a training blade. As one of the greatest mortal weaponsmiths in living memory, he refuses to use a weapon he didn't personally craft. As a result, his movements are textbook Kashari in nature, not deviating at all from what Kavaya teaches in her camp.
CHINESE SWORD (start at 1m30s):
As a Depthswalker, she'd probably be the mocking type of fighter, disappearing and appearing amidst shadows, her mastery over the heavy two-handed blade making her favour a breathless kind of assault from all angles.
And you won't understand the cause of your grief...
...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.
I picture Minifie fights much like Siegfried in Soul Calibur 3, the brutal offense of a massive blade, where it's not precise, delicate blows but heaving attacks and incredible footwork and making use of the blade's momentum to adjust said footing.
SC3 probably matches very well with how I see the combat working, especially with the blows landing I assume they never land hard enough to cause incredible injury, but the blade penetrating and causing many cuts and lacerations.
I'll pull out the PS2 and refresh myself with Siegy to get some good footage, Youtube has a bunch of people throw spamming or spamming heavy highs =_=.
Sorry for the large image, but something akin to this is how I would have made my main returning to achaea if I'd had known I'd be playing a knight again :P.
My logic skills were rather low in my yo... Actually, my logic skills are rather low.-
Boosted doom deny strat more like:
How I feel now when I fight:
I grew up playing a lot of the fire emblem games. So assassin or rogue sprites are always what I have in my mind for some reason.
oh yes. Love me the thief tree.
Someone give minifie a medal
A dwarf doing monk stuff in combat p. much.
(Video: Audio accompaniment.
Not the fastest, or the strongest, but a little cleverness can make up for that
Currently available: Abs, Cnote, Keepalive, Lootpet, Mapmod
Not going to lie. First time I played Achaea, I quit because I couldn't get over this.
On an average day, the average combatant:
- Is puffing on three separate pipes.
- Continually lathers themselves in various salves.
- Is deliberately blind and deaf.
- Is covered in invisible tattoos.
- Levitates around on a cushion of air.
- Is continually greedy and unwilling to share.
- Is a deliberate insomniac. Attempts to cure said insomnia are rejected or reapplication of insomnia follows.
- Is hopped up on kola, which must make them super-caffeinated to the point of ADHD.
- Does not eat. Except when they're forced to be hungry.
- Does not sleep. Except when they hit a totem or are poisoned to sleep.
- Probably can't stay asleep for long because they force themselves to only lightly doze.
- Subsists purely on the liquid of health and mana vials.
- Carry around active starburst defenses so, if they are slain (which would be undoubtedly painful), they immediately resurrect and can be killed a second time.
- Coated in caloric to be insulated, warm and toasty. Including in the middle of a desert.
- Have a purple shell of crushed sileris rubbed into their skin.
- See everything in Matrix-mode because of speed elixir making the world slow down.
Not to mention said combatant will stand, unblinking, unsleeping, unresponding, unseeing, eyes glazed, looking at nothing, in a single spot in a particular city... for days at a time.
- With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
- (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
- Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
- Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."