Achaean Raves

Comments

• Mhaldor follows me into worldburn like five times in one morning, and it's great. I like you people.

@Vender @Stheno @Zylvith @Minifie @Jaybles, you're all pretty cool.
  • Darrod said:
    Mhaldor is having it's Crucible of Slaves right now and we were hosting an event where you lock slaves in a walled off area and drop holo's/breathrain on them till one remains. Out of nowhere, holo's start raining from the sky rapid fire and we all start dying before @Sartan shows up. Gathered the city. Everyone got to play. Everyone died. It was seriously the best and it makes all that time put into this thing worth it.

Thanks for showing up! Made my night.

Doubling this rave because I was actually like, bouncing in my chair like a 5 year old who had too much cake. It's honestly the most fun I've ever had in achaea :sweat_smile:
  • Zackery said:
    ORG HELP CATEGORIES!!!!!

Not for clans though...  :'(
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Reyson said:
    I had a fun time making @Jaybles, @Zylvith, @Elgabri, @Reevah, @Avicene and @Xsilaro fight a big monster for my amus- for Strength, in the Blood Pit!

@Melodie, I hope you had fun making it eat poor Reevah first.

Thanks to all who came to watch, and the fighters for being so game!

And to @Jurixe for introducing us to and letting us use her cool system for fun things.
    Not every day you get to pilot a bloodthirsty sea beast. Reevah knows it was for her own good.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Melodie said:
    Reyson said:
    I had a fun time making @Jaybles, @Zylvith, @Elgabri, @Reevah, @Avicene and @Xsilaro fight a big monster for my amus- for Strength, in the Blood Pit!

@Melodie, I hope you had fun making it eat poor Reevah first.

Thanks to all who came to watch, and the fighters for being so game!

And to @Jurixe for introducing us to and letting us use her cool system for fun things.
    Not every day you get to pilot a bloodthirsty sea beast. Reevah knows it was for her own good.
    not every day a necromancer's first heart she eats is one of a leviathan spawn

• Voyages. These stories are great and they have all these nice little touches of detail to them. picking at the pieces of the larger story contained within them is like one big super quest. Just get ready to gird your emotions.
  • Stheno said:
    Vingar, the Mercenary Captain says, "Bah. You don't know war, with your gauntlets. That's just playing gladiator. I've seen the Great Games, in the Colosseum Arena on Vertan itself."
    I'm jealous! The Rhodestrians were pretty damn entertaining! Alander, Sonterro, and Vingar kept making me grin, but I'm just a bejewelled smalling. Thanks to everyone who joined us for raiding, pillaging, and a perfectly civilised dinner, and for making time around the holidays. The stories and dancing were lovely. I'd complain about our carefully prepared wine spoiling, but that would be sour grapes.
    Whomever animated them was fantastic! They were lively, and engaging, and fun. I really love those off-script moments, makes Achaea feel so alive!

The whole evening went so smoothly, and people seemed to have a really good time. I couldn't be happier with how everything went, and I'm infinitely grateful to @Stheno for putting it all together and shooting for something ambitious, and lovely. The game is much, much better for having you in it, and we're the luckiest for having you on our team.

Also, @Darrod? I got you, bud. That was an awesome Crucible, and you deserve a heap of praise for all the work you put in. 
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    The Aegean Logosmas Party was super fun. Thanks to @Perl and @Laedha for the performances, and @Uilien for organizing everything.  It was great to spend time with @morthif, @truax, @majin, @keorin, @uilien, @ryzan and all the other guests who attended, on top of @aegis being super great as always.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• Haven't been on the since the Targ Logosmas party, between the holiday and having my wisdom teeth taken out, which means I think I missed the opportunity to be around on the day that Numira would have came into existence. However, I really wanted to write the most heartfelt of raves in honor of that. A lot of great things have happened in the last year for me, and Achaea is hardly the least of these. 

The semester before I started playing last December did a number on me. I like being busy, but this time I majorly over-committed and it kinda sucked away the time I should have been using for myself. Now, I definitely learned some things so that shouldn't happen again. It also led me to seek out a new way to do something fun, just for myself. I basically expected to dive in, feel like a boss while killing text monsters until my brain rotted, and then move on to the next interesting free game whenever it lost its novelty. 

Obviously, It never lost its novelty. I don't think it can. From the moment Numira stepped out of the pygmy cave into this terrifyingly huge world, I have been in awe of how move love has been put into this world by the players, volunteers, and staff over the last 22 years. Seriously, I nearly started to tear up when I first tried to fathom the collective dedication it takes to keep a game of this depth going for this long. It feels alive, and dynamic, and still holds so much mystery. We may talk a lot about how terrible this or that is here, but I hope you all never loose sight of how beautiful this game is, even in all its spammy, retro monospace glory. 

And as if the game wasn't amazing enough, the community would be enough to stick around for anyway. I never would have guessed how much fun this sandbox full of internet strangers would be. My experience with players has been overwhelmingly positive, and I want to thank everyone for that. Especially those of you who have worked with me for hours in an arena, or had to give me tests multiple times because I forgot everything, or dealt with my stubbornness, or my hilarious inability to dual, or let me tag along and play with the "big kids" when you didn't have to, or dealt with my in-character questions or crisis's that had a tenancy to morph into whole walls of text, or who put up with my inability to spell real life or Achaean words. You all are incredible and deserve a round of applause. I want to tag you all but there is no way I can get all of you. You know who you are. :) 

And of course, I gotta say thank you to my Banazir buddies, especially @aranos, @lirah, @naelle, because you all rock and this game wouldn't be the same for me without you. Some of the coolest parts of Numira's story come down to the moments I played with you. Even though y'all don't forums much, I'm tagging you anyway. :p 

Its been a wild ride, so much has happened in only a year, and I'm still loving every second of it, here's to even more adventures in the next year!

Merry Christmas, happy holidays, and a happy new year!

tldr: Where, did the time go? I've been playing for a year! Also this game is awesome and you are awesome too :)

• Kinilan said:
    Voyages. These stories are great and they have all these nice little touches of detail to them. picking at the pieces of the larger story contained within them is like one big super quest. Just get ready to gird your emotions.
    Have you seen a pangolin in a pirate hat around here?
  • Yay for getting bug fix messages.
  • Q&A was awesome, even the smitings. Thanks to all the admin for showing up, it was a lot of fun.

Jumpy said:
    The membership is already such a good deal that there is no way we can reduce the cost. 

• A huge rave for:

1. fixing my tsol'teth images, and
    2. fixing off-equilibrium movement.

These have both made the new year remarkably better already. <3
  • I CAN FINALLY SELL ARTISTRY PAINTINGS IN MY SHOP, HELL YES

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • Woo! I’m so excited!
    Give us -real- shop logs! Not another misinterpretation of features we ask for, turned into something that either doesn't help at all, or doesn't remotely resemble what we wanted to begin with.

Thanks!

Current position of some of the playerbase, instead of expressing a desire to fix problems:

Vhaynna: "Honest question - if you don't like Achaea or the current admin, why do you even bother playing?"

• Quick shoutout to @Thaisen, @Tarvius, @Elyra, @Kaden, @Gloern and @Glathna. You all are amazing and thank you for not getting frustrated when I got you slain so many times! I cannot wait to tackle the next foray now!
  • Yay for more bug fixes.
  • As of Jan 3, I've been playing for a year, and I echo a lot of what @Numira said, but with different people making up my in-game joys list. Everyone to my friends, city mates, and city enemies make this game as fun as it is, as well as the admin team. Thank you to everyone for making Achaea what it is. Here's to many more!
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Will they include tuns?
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Yus!! 
    Give us -real- shop logs! Not another misinterpretation of features we ask for, turned into something that either doesn't help at all, or doesn't remotely resemble what we wanted to begin with.

Thanks!

Current position of some of the playerbase, instead of expressing a desire to fix problems:

Vhaynna: "Honest question - if you don't like Achaea or the current admin, why do you even bother playing?"

• I don’t suppose we could get it in log form, like org logs? Most shopkeepers use scripts to check stock while outside the stockroom, and have replacement stock ready before entering the stockroom for theft purposes. It also allows for enchanting room trips first, when you know what you need beforehand. 

Or, just move the listing to the shop proper and only set it permissible for the owners?

Thanks!