Achaean Raves

Comments

• KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    There were 30 dolls sold. Weren't there 6x5 Foozle items total? Every single doll is holding a unique image :open_mouth:
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Colour me impressed.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Ah wow that is involved and interesting!  Very nice 
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    Nicola said:
    A huge number of factors affected arrow path. The wind was a major one, being blind and using a mindseye to see was another, levitating and mounting would also negatively impact the archer's chances.
    By that description, it seemed like it was better to show up at the event defenceless :( What were factors that gave positive effects?

• KayeilKayeil Washington State
    Nicola said:
    We had a lot of fun tweaking it up for this contest!

We wanted something where everyone could compete, archer class/artefact bow or not, but also a game that wasn't RNG heavy, because they're just not very satisfying.

A huge number of factors affected arrow path. The wind was a major one, being blind and using a mindseye to see was another, levitating and mounting would also negatively impact the archer's chances. This is nowhere near all the factors, but from our side the combination and watching the thoughtful players vs simply being Serpent or a knight class made for a really interesting event.
    I was super curious about the factors involved, thanks for giving some insight. This was a very cool tournament, I hope you guys will do it again in the future.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• Nicola said:

We wanted something where everyone could compete, archer class/artefact bow or not, but also a game that wasn't RNG heavy, because they're just not very satisfying.

A huge number of factors affected arrow path. The wind was a major one, being blind and using a mindseye to see was another, levitating and mounting would also negatively impact the archer's chances. This is nowhere near all the factors, but from our side the combination and watching the thoughtful players vs simply being Serpent or a knight class made for a really interesting event.
    knew I shoulda gone north to shoot!

i'm a rebel

• @Nicola : I have to ask because I thought of it later, was kneeling one of the things that would be taken into account?
  • TalamondTalamond Atop his throne of books
    Whoever says @Proficy can't roleplay needs to actually try it sometime. That was an amazing dialogue, man. I love the developing rivalry.

On that note, @Jinsun, too, for the same reasons.
  • Talamond said:
    Whoever says @Proficy can't roleplay needs to actually try it sometime. That was an amazing dialogue, man. I love the developing rivalry.

Jinsun's ability to RP has never been an issue, it was an inability to not be a twat about things. Will say though that I've heard complaining about him drop way down, so he's probably better about that.

• Pitchforks sold here! Thanks @Talamond sorry it wasn't more, It's been a rough week and I'll try to build from there.
    Has been for me too, man. I hear ya. I raved here cause those are things that really cheered me up, and I needed that. Keep Calm and Deucalion pretend Targossas isn't the greatest thing in Achaea. Looking forward to how it pans out, man.
  • Nicola said:

Something that I was wondering if it would help @Nicola was breathing. Since when you normally shoot arrows you hold your breath and exhale with the arrow, was that a factor?
  • Wicella said:
    Nicola said:

Something that I was wondering if it would help @Nicola was breathing. Since when you normally shoot arrows you hold your breath and exhale with the arrow, was that a factor?
    I actually did that and ended up 4th, so probably not so bad! I just didn't strip levitation beforehand, that probably cost me a prize. :D
  • Nazihk said:
    Talamond said:

It's not that Proficy can't RP, it's that you never know when he's going to respond in character or when he's going to respond with 'fuck u punk ill kill u when ur afk'.
    Haha... sooo. My rp is that i am who i always have been... what you call rp i call insanity!!... or something like that.... made sense to me when i said it too myself

@Talamond Its ok im back on my meds, i can try to control that dialouge in the future.
    Proficy said:

@Talamond Its ok im back on my meds, i can try to control that dialouge in the future.
    How do you say "PSHHHHHHH!" in Mhaldorian?
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    Thanks for the raid Targossas. It's a nice way to relieve some stress and get the blood pumpin' before work.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    My bramble seed sprouted. It's so purty purty purty
    Where stile and bramble meet.
    Dawn rises upon a cloudless sky, the dim, reddish rays of the sun shining down upon the land. Far from the farm, thorn-laden brambles have grown into a tangled hedge that interposes between stretches of wooden fencing. A product of both natural and deliberate efforts, some attempt has been made to control the wayward bushes, as evidenced by the decapitated stumps that breach the boundary of arable land. What is left has largely thrived as a barrier impenetrable to all on foot. When in season, the bushes fruit colourfully, sometimes even producing unusual crop from the inevitable cross-pollination. Here and there, the unwelcome tendrils hold the remains of old nests and signs of thriving animal life with pellets abound the fertile soil. A sigil in the shape of a small, rectangular monolith is on the ground. A runic totem is planted solidly in the ground. A great rush of brambles spreads throughout the garden, plump black berries interspersed among its pink blossoms and deep viridian leaves.
    You see exits leading north, west, and northwest.

Viridescent spade-shaped triple leaves cloak this expansive bramble bush in an spread of colour. Larger than a Troll's thumb, the black berries lining the branches in great clumps almost glow with a dull shine, their branches drooping low beneath their weight. Pale pink flowers open up in pride of place amidst the green, their quintuple petals forming a star pattern surrounding deep golden cores.

I'm gonna be sad when it dies :(

• Tht was my life goal and I'm happy we did it. Now I can retire bye guys