Pictures of horrible spiders

Comments

• Aktillum said:

Common house spider in the Philippines :) Yes that's a lizard hanging out of its mandibles

If it is that common, how come there are houses left in the Philippines? Surely there would just be millions of smoldering shells of houses and millions of people screaming because of said spiders?
    Achieved dragon on the 13th of Aeguary, 634 - aged 21 and 1 month and 21 days.

Elder dragon on the 6th of Chronos 635 - aged 22 and 8 months and 14 days.
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    those spiders are beautiful

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • KenwayKenway San Francisco
    edited January 2014
    Saw someone posted the Cocunut crab. Those things are terrifying. But how about these?
    I'm generally a fan of spiders and arthropods. Just not so much when the balancing act of their poisonousness/fast as hellness/hidingness/general terror and the fact that were I in need of it, a solid hit from the sole of my shoe or another such object will save me is skewed in their favour by being GIGANTIC. LOOK AT THAT THING!! ITS TRYING TO GET THAT TODDLER!! OHWAIT. THAT'S A GOD DAMN MAN.

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
  • JozlynJozlyn out of here.
    @Kuy thank you! That's wonderful! Jumping spiders are amazing.
     yes, sir.
  • All my spiders are missing. I miss them!
    Miin-aan baash kimini-sij-i-gan bitooyin sij-i-gan-i bukwayszhiigan = blueberry π

Shhhh, it still counts.
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
  • WHAT. WHY. NO.

Goddamnit, I have to kill myself now.
    [2:41:24 AM] Kenway: I bet you smell like evergreen trees and you could wrestle boreal mammals but they'd rather just cuddle you
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    I saw that video. It's funnier with the sound. Also the caption was apparently 'wad of pubic hair turns out to be spiders' or something

• Krypton said:

I linked to the Facebook video in a previous post. The person filming says "supero pelo pubico", which does mean "super pubic hair".
    Skye said:

I saw that video. It's funnier with the sound. Also the caption was apparently 'wad of pubic hair turns out to be spiders' or something

I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • Jozlyn said:

Krypton said: spiders everywhere video

I'm pretty sure those are daddy long legs/ harvestmen (Opiliones) which are harmless and which aren't really spiders *pushes up glasses*. They tend to cluster like that in the fall for warmth. Really, you should let them run all over your body so that they can keep warm. Be a friend to arachnid kind.

(jkjk, I don't want them all over me either but I hope the mental image of that gives all of you ninnies nightmares)

I hate you.
    [2:41:24 AM] Kenway: I bet you smell like evergreen trees and you could wrestle boreal mammals but they'd rather just cuddle you
    Kuy said:

I hate you.

I love you.
     yes, sir.
  • TharvisTharvis The Land of Beer and Chocolate!
    Aurora says, "Tharvis, why are you always breaking things?!"
    Artemis says, "You are so high maintenance, Tharvis, gosh."
    Tecton says, "It's still your fault, Tharvis."

• KenwayKenway San Francisco
    edited January 2014
    This thread makes me miss my tarantula, Boris :(

Also, this has probably been posted but if not, you're very welcome.

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
  • edited January 2014
    meh

For @Mishgul‌

Look who I found in my office
     yes, sir.
  • wow, she's really pretty, and probably fairly big.

I don't know what's wrong with me, but I love black widow spiders
    meh

• AmanuAmanu Forge Tree
    Liking is cool, I've dealt with a rose tarantula before. Very deadly, very non aggressive. Black widow? Not in the mood for a hole in me.