Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

PvE Adjustments

2456710

Comments

  • XinnaXinna Posts: 691Member ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    People whining about their 246 weapon speed jabs...

    Back in my day, we had to bash and pk with forged 231-239 speed rapiers!

    Then, bard became godspeed.
    FinkleUtianima
  • KafzielKafziel Posts: 658Member ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Xinna said:
    People whining about their 246 weapon speed jabs...

    Back in my day, we had to bash and pk with forged 231-239 speed rapiers!

    Then, bard became godspeed.
    I had thousands upon thousands of rapiers forged when I was a bard and got only one that was above 230 speed, and it was like 50/130/231. I dunno where these mythical 239s came from.
  • XinnaXinna Posts: 691Member ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Kafziel said:
    Xinna said:
    People whining about their 246 weapon speed jabs...

    Back in my day, we had to bash and pk with forged 231-239 speed rapiers!

    Then, bard became godspeed.
    I had thousands upon thousands of rapiers forged when I was a bard and got only one that was above 230 speed, and it was like 50/130/231. I dunno where these mythical 239s came from.
    Mine came from Xer. I guess he loved me more. :)
  • KasyaKasya TennesseePosts: 657Member @ - Epic Achaean
    Xinna said:
    Kafziel said:
    Xinna said:
    People whining about their 246 weapon speed jabs...

    Back in my day, we had to bash and pk with forged 231-239 speed rapiers!

    Then, bard became godspeed.
    I had thousands upon thousands of rapiers forged when I was a bard and got only one that was above 230 speed, and it was like 50/130/231. I dunno where these mythical 239s came from.
    Mine came from Xer. I guess he loved me more. :)
    I remember forging a rapier that earned me well over a hundred credits. Those were the days.
  • LucianusLucianus Posts: 419Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    edited April 2016
    Wait. I got a solution for Soulpiercer Bards. Upgrade your internet to god-tier connections and relocate your life closer to where IRE servers are housed at. Problem solved.

    Next Classlead: "Omg. Bards with better internet connection and soulpiercers are kicking everybody's ass. Please nerf by relocating IRE servers... to Antarctica."

    That is not an ordinary star, my son. That star is the tear of a warrior. A lost soul who has finished his battles somewhere on this planet. A pitiful soul who could not find his way to the lofty realm where the great spirit awaits us all.

    Free Community System for Achaea: TReX System <link here>
    - I have decided to become involve in developing and maintaining this community system for Achaea. Feel free to message me in-game or on forum for help or bugfixing.
    Utianima
  • TelendriethTelendrieth Posts: 213Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished

    Sena said:
    These changes seem to be based on the assumption that the previous round of changes (bringing all the classes to about the same level of DPS) was successful, which it very much was not, the previous round of changes still seemed half-finished to me.

    Apostate, for example, already had below-average damage which their tankiness already didn't make up for, but they got nerfed further. Bard already had well above-average damage (above-average unartied, one of the best classes by far with a Soulpiercer and a couple defensive arties) and got buffed further.

    Edit: I missed the upcoming canticle change, so the bard change might be fine after that.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who realizes that the bashing was far from fixed.

    Personally, and I know this is -far- from IRE's style. I wish we'd start raising everyone instead of cutting people down. I went Runie as my second class because I both loathe the feel of battlerage bashing, and serpent bashing was mind numbingly atrocious. People are going the classes that can handle things better because it makes bashing a little more tolerable. The goal should be to try and raise every class to that level.

    I didn't want to post without actually testing it first, and yeah. The duo orc rooms in Dun, I used to do about 4-5% per combo to. I'm now doing 2% (I noticed one only did 1%, but I'll chalk that up to just a random happenstance.). I wouldn't be so pissed off if Achaea offered other ways to earn experience, but so far it's one of the few games to lock it almost entirely behind bashing.
    Lucianus
  • TolanTolan Posts: 181Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    At this point, might as well get rid of canticle overall. Why bother with an ability that has zero effect on the caster?
  • AntoniusAntonius Posts: 4,619Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Because not every activity that benefits from Canticle is done solo. It's not totally useless just because it no longer affects the Bard.
    RomAerekDalran
  • XadenXaden Posts: 2,315Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    They can't 'raise every class to that level' cos for every Cr they allow you to earn in game they lose on Cr in real cash money. So bringing everyone down to the common denominator is the goal. (as a relevant aside, I do believe that there was an unannounced nerf to annwyn gold drops, thus further nerfing IG gold gain for the higher tier earners)
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

  • AesgarAesgar Posts: 442Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    I went Runewarden for the bashing and fell in love with the class altogether. 

    I love hunting, and it's fun to be good at bashing. I don't really mind when classes are superior at PvE. As long as the other options are at least viable. So the fact they decreased some classes is disappointing, they should have just increased the others to bring them into a relevant range.

    I'm scared to go test out my new damage. I also don't like hitting and running, it's so tedious. I was just getting to a point where I could take two orcs in Dun, kelpies in Annwyn, etcetera. Heres me hoping I am still able...
    Telendrieth
  • TelendriethTelendrieth Posts: 213Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Xaden said:
    They can't 'raise every class to that level' cos for every Cr they allow you to earn in game they lose on Cr in real cash money. So bringing everyone down to the common denominator is the goal. (as a relevant aside, I do believe that there was an unannounced nerf to annwyn gold drops, thus further nerfing IG gold gain for the higher tier earners)
    I don't think you understand where the credits from the market come from, if you think those credits are cutting from the ones that are being purchased from IRE.
  • TelendriethTelendrieth Posts: 213Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Also, keep canticle, it's wonde- What Xinna said.
    Hexan
  • AntidasAntidas Posts: 1,474Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Tolan said:
    Yeah, but as @Antidas said, you can at least upgrade your weapon. Me on the other hand, I'm stuck being slower and not being able to regain that speed.
    I didn't say anything! Probably referring to @Antonius

    KasyaDochitha
  • KasyaKasya TennesseePosts: 657Member @ - Epic Achaean
    Antidas said:
    Tolan said:
    Yeah, but as @Antidas said, you can at least upgrade your weapon. Me on the other hand, I'm stuck being slower and not being able to regain that speed.
    I didn't say anything! Probably referring to @Antonius
    @Antidas would say something about upgrading your weapon, cause he has a million classes and a hundred artie weapons. ;)


  • FrederichFrederich Posts: 1,243Member @ - Epic Achaean

    Sena said:
    These changes seem to be based on the assumption that the previous round of changes (bringing all the classes to about the same level of DPS) was successful, which it very much was not, the previous round of changes still seemed half-finished to me.

    Apostate, for example, already had below-average damage which their tankiness already didn't make up for, but they got nerfed further. Bard already had well above-average damage (above-average unartied, one of the best classes by far with a Soulpiercer and a couple defensive arties) and got buffed further.

    Edit: I missed the upcoming canticle change, so the bard change might be fine after that.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who realizes that the bashing was far from fixed.

    Personally, and I know this is -far- from IRE's style. I wish we'd start raising everyone instead of cutting people down. I went Runie as my second class because I both loathe the feel of battlerage bashing, and serpent bashing was mind numbingly atrocious. People are going the classes that can handle things better because it makes bashing a little more tolerable. The goal should be to try and raise every class to that level.

    I didn't want to post without actually testing it first, and yeah. The duo orc rooms in Dun, I used to do about 4-5% per combo to. I'm now doing 2% (I noticed one only did 1%, but I'll chalk that up to just a random happenstance.). I wouldn't be so pissed off if Achaea offered other ways to earn experience, but so far it's one of the few games to lock it almost entirely behind bashing.
    Hey, welcome to the Monk life of only being able to do 2-3% per combo (without crits) to duo orc rooms in Dun...  You get all of the survivability... and we do a little bit more damage!

    Now all monks need is to be able to actually wear some god damn armour or have a kaido defense skill to reduce damage from non-PVP damage sources and we'll be friggin golden.  Seriously, I still can't fight fire wyrms because I'm taking 2.5k-3k from one of their talon swipes.  #PleaseTectonSaveMeFromThisHell
  • XadenXaden Posts: 2,315Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Xaden said:
    They can't 'raise every class to that level' cos for every Cr they allow you to earn in game they lose on Cr in real cash money. So bringing everyone down to the common denominator is the goal. (as a relevant aside, I do believe that there was an unannounced nerf to annwyn gold drops, thus further nerfing IG gold gain for the higher tier earners)
    I don't think you understand where the credits from the market come from, if you think those credits are cutting from the ones that are being purchased from IRE.
    Of course I understand where credits come from, there's a stork and such, you know the drill.
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

    TelendriethSobriquet
  • TreyTrey Posts: 4,679Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Kafziel said:
    Xinna said:
    People whining about their 246 weapon speed jabs...

    Back in my day, we had to bash and pk with forged 231-239 speed rapiers!

    Then, bard became godspeed.
    I had thousands upon thousands of rapiers forged when I was a bard and got only one that was above 230 speed, and it was like 50/130/231. I dunno where these mythical 239s came from.
    You were always too broke to buy mine. I can't remember the one I sold it to, but I sold a bard a 247 before, had 3-4 247s and a ton of 243s and 239s. One of my 247s sold for 450cr to Isis, she bought one of my 243s and was doing 2.1-2.2 second DSLs as a pre-traits troll. Pretty sure the one Xer gave Xinna was one of mine too.

  • LucianusLucianus Posts: 419Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    If you're a con runie. Sucks to be you after pve changes. Not bashing with my runie unless I'm roiding out with a str spec as a Xoran or Troll. 
    That is not an ordinary star, my son. That star is the tear of a warrior. A lost soul who has finished his battles somewhere on this planet. A pitiful soul who could not find his way to the lofty realm where the great spirit awaits us all.

    Free Community System for Achaea: TReX System <link here>
    - I have decided to become involve in developing and maintaining this community system for Achaea. Feel free to message me in-game or on forum for help or bugfixing.
  • AntidasAntidas Posts: 1,474Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Kasya said:
    Antidas said:
    Tolan said:
    Yeah, but as @Antidas said, you can at least upgrade your weapon. Me on the other hand, I'm stuck being slower and not being able to regain that speed.
    I didn't say anything! Probably referring to @Antonius
    @Antidas would say something about upgrading your weapon, cause he has a million classes and a hundred artie weapons. ;)


    I wish :(

    SzanthaxKasya
  • AtalkezAtalkez Posts: 4,771Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Back when rapier speed mattered, I had dual 245s. One from @Trey and one from @Peak - dsl speed was sexy. Too bad I sucked and had nfi how to use them.


    You hug Aurora compassionately.
    TreySzanthaxCooperShirszae
  • MorthifMorthif Posts: 1,575Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Man lets not bring up old rapier forging. My therapist was just saying I was finally getting over that trauma.  
    AntidasUtianima
  • SzanthaxSzanthax San DiegoPosts: 1,906Member @ - Epic Achaean
    Traded in rapier, bought lvl3 flails... Bought lvl 3  2handers... Hammer and sword... Quit runewarden..Traded in everything to buy priest and mace.. Now hardly play priest



    Utianima
  • KhelKhel Posts: 205Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    I did fine as bard with SoA and level 1 belt bashing to dragon, it was so much faster than shaman. Granted, I only had shaman to compare it to..
  • AtalkezAtalkez Posts: 4,771Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Also, I tried out Blademaster with a nut again. No band, 16 str I was doing 3%/2.1s in Sanya, 7%/2.3s in Arash, and 2%/1.8 in Thyr. Arash still not viable versus anything you can't just wildly tank already. Vertani nearly shredded me in 5s. I did 14% damage in that time, though.


    You hug Aurora compassionately.
  • MizikMizik Posts: 2,073Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    As an SnB Runewarden I still shred through denizens while being damage immune. And that's with a buckler. With SoA I truly feel like the defense spec  B)

    I feel no discernible loss in dps.
    image
    AtalkezUtianima
  • JonathinJonathin Retirement hole.Posts: 3,313Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    I dunno, I may have noticed a slight decrease, but I have arties and lucky elixir, so I depend on rng for speed and surviving.

    My site will remain up, but will not be maintained. The repository will continue to have scripts added to it if I decide to play another game. Maybe I'll see you around in Starmourn!
    Tutorials and scripts  The Repository

  • DortheronDortheron Posts: 343Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Frederich said:

    Sena said:
    These changes seem to be based on the assumption that the previous round of changes (bringing all the classes to about the same level of DPS) was successful, which it very much was not, the previous round of changes still seemed half-finished to me.

    Apostate, for example, already had below-average damage which their tankiness already didn't make up for, but they got nerfed further. Bard already had well above-average damage (above-average unartied, one of the best classes by far with a Soulpiercer and a couple defensive arties) and got buffed further.

    Edit: I missed the upcoming canticle change, so the bard change might be fine after that.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who realizes that the bashing was far from fixed.

    Personally, and I know this is -far- from IRE's style. I wish we'd start raising everyone instead of cutting people down. I went Runie as my second class because I both loathe the feel of battlerage bashing, and serpent bashing was mind numbingly atrocious. People are going the classes that can handle things better because it makes bashing a little more tolerable. The goal should be to try and raise every class to that level.

    I didn't want to post without actually testing it first, and yeah. The duo orc rooms in Dun, I used to do about 4-5% per combo to. I'm now doing 2% (I noticed one only did 1%, but I'll chalk that up to just a random happenstance.). I wouldn't be so pissed off if Achaea offered other ways to earn experience, but so far it's one of the few games to lock it almost entirely behind bashing.
    Hey, welcome to the Monk life of only being able to do 2-3% per combo (without crits) to duo orc rooms in Dun...  You get all of the survivability... and we do a little bit more damage!

    Now all monks need is to be able to actually wear some god damn armour or have a kaido defense skill to reduce damage from non-PVP damage sources and we'll be friggin golden.  Seriously, I still can't fight fire wyrms because I'm taking 2.5k-3k from one of their talon swipes.  #PleaseTectonSaveMeFromThisHell
    If I remember right Evade block (EVB) in Tekura is also suppose to work vs denizens now, but I almost never use it because I forget. How are you taking so much damage from wyrms though? I don't remember them ever being that difficult (except the Wyrm Lord killing you in one shot because the jerk you're following wasn't paying attention to where they were going).
    You know, that one thing at that one place, with that one person.

    Yea, that one!
  • FrederichFrederich Posts: 1,243Member @ - Epic Achaean
    @Dortheron I don't know, it's ONLY the fire wyrms that do that.  Their bite and their burn do like.. next to nothing and it's pretty survivable but their friggin talon swipe just utterly slaughters my health to the point that I have to play footsies with them.  Friggin two orcs in Dun don't even do that much.  It's an RNG game with Fire Wyrms of "is he going to be kind or smack me so hard I have to transmute..?"
  • DortheronDortheron Posts: 343Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Frederich said:
    @Dortheron I don't know, it's ONLY the fire wyrms that do that.  Their bite and their burn do like.. next to nothing and it's pretty survivable but their friggin talon swipe just utterly slaughters my health to the point that I have to play footsies with them.  Friggin two orcs in Dun don't even do that much.  It's an RNG game with Fire Wyrms of "is he going to be kind or smack me so hard I have to transmute..?"
    Burn might count as fire or magical damage, so don't forget RESISTANCE and to get resistance rings. Plus I haven't hunted them in a while so it might be that I remember when they have weaker damage.
    You know, that one thing at that one place, with that one person.

    Yea, that one!
Sign In to Comment.