You know you play too much Achaea when ...

Comments

• Katzchen said:
    Wysteria said:
    Oceana said:
    Usually?  :-?
    My first name is only two syllables, but people can't pronounce it because they're generally pretty stupid. Cut it down to one syllable and they still get it wrong.

If it means anything, customers over the phone call me "Polyp". It's now a running gag in the office because people can't believe my name's degraded to such a state.
    Yeah... my name only has four letters, granted three syllables, but yet somehow nearly every teacher I had in school would for some reason at first basically switch the two middle letters around and pronounce it wrong, shortening it to two syllables in the process. Why, I do not know.
    Yeah there's a lot of dyslexic people over in the Oceanic region :(
    "Faded away like the stars in the morning,
     Losing their light in the glorious sun,
     Thus would we pass from this earth and its toiling,
     Only remembered for what we have done."

• KatzchenKatzchen Mhaldor
    edited January 2013

@Kyrra Chili???

Man, and I thought it was bad when people call my youngest son Nicola instead of Nikolai. He's always dressed in boyish clothes!

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• Nikolai. That is an *awesome* name.

I get annoyed when people assume my name is 'Christian' and not 'Christopher'. It's wrong on every level. :(

• Chryenth said:
    Nikolai. That is an *awesome* name.

I get annoyed when people assume my name is 'Christian' and not 'Christopher'. It's wrong on every level. :(
    I really love it, except when my mother in law calls him Nikelodeon -shudder- or when someone tries to shorten it to Nick/Nicky. If anything, it's Niko for short, but I like it too much to shorten it.

• I would never let anyone shorten it. Ever.

Also I may or may not have just named the Knight Commander in my novel Nikolai.
  • My name is Travis.
  • ... You don't get a character. Sorry.

At least your name is easy to pronounce.
    edited January 2013

I always did like giving my kids names that weren't too out there - that's what middle names are for - but would fit in a fantasy setting... And length. I like long names. 

Sebastian Daemon, Alexander Gryphon, and Nikolai Reid. I'm sure they'll either love or hate me for them when they're older.

Internal duologue:
    Me: Hey. do we need more character names?
    Muse: Errr. Not really?
    Me: Sure?
    Muse: Yes, sure. I can't keep track of all these people we have already, I can't have more!
    Me: Awww. I'll go write them down or something, then.
    Muse: [Rude gesture]

• Is it sad that even after all the time that has passed, I still frequently check GWHO and try to talk on GT?
  • edited January 2013
    Horatio said:
    Is it sad that even after all the time that has passed, I still frequently check GWHO and try to talk on GT?
    I aliased gt to housetell and gwho to housewho ages ago. I use both.

More recently, I aliased all gt/ht/gwho/hwho variants to clan sentaariwanderers tell and clan sentaariwanderers who. Same with CT.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    @Katzchen, from Tilly. And I'm not that little devo person running around with the same name. -_-

I think I speak quite clearly when talking to people, so unless it's the uncommon factor, people just hear what they want to. I get the occasional gender specific pet names of Honey, Love, Darlin', as well.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• I would probably glare at someone if they called me names like that. Since I'm not allowed to stab them and all.

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    Nobody has ever crossed the line with Babe so I don't mind. Stabbing should be allowed. :(
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

edited January 2013
    I did stab someone once. But he did a lot worse than call me a demeaning name. And it wasn't very deep.

• Tahquil said:
    Thinking about chemicals to increase extraction rates the wondering where to get them.
    Not in the Fracking industry are you?
    Okk tells you, "You 'woof'ed on a house channel in a conversation with the Lord Bard."

• NizarisNizaris The Holy City of Mhaldor
    Texel said:
    Tahquil said:
    Thinking about chemicals to increase extraction rates the wondering where to get them.
    Not in the Fracking industry are you?
    You know you watch too much Battlestar Galactica when ... you picture Colonel Tigh swearing whenever you hear the word "Fracking".

• When the first thing you do when you wake up is go to your computer, log into Achaea, and start reading forums (and half the time go oh -, fell asleep without logging out last night again). You don't eat, you don't take a shower, you just go straight to Achaea. Usually takes me at least two hours on weekends to actually start doing rl things. >.>
  • Uhh...wat.
  • edited January 2013
    I almost wish I got executed for it. :P Would likely at least get me to start remembering. Wouldn't be so bad if timeout actually worked, but I think my laptop's screensaver coming on and logging me out messes with it, so I just stay logged into Achaea until I wake up the next morning.
  • Zeon said:
    You find yourself looking for the wtf/disagree buttons when reading your facebook wall.
    Also in newspapers.
  • Iocun said:
    Zeon said:
    You find yourself looking for the wtf/disagree buttons when reading your facebook wall.
    Also in newspapers.
    Those still exist?
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    I wake up, reach for my phone and immediately check for in game messages through the website. Depending if any need a response, I then come to the forums.

I figured that staying in mobile view lets me post without losing things like line breaks and spacing but it's still bloody awful for attempting to edit quotes. Plus I have to go through all the categories to check for new posts in threads.

Now I'm awake, time to make some coffee ^_^

• Yeah... I pretty much get up, usually late because of staying up past 3am on achaea, get redbull from the fridge, skip breakfast, check messages... forums... music on, achaea. Fully wake up about a couple of hours later, and go do something more productive for a while. :P

• DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    When you post in this thread.