You know you play too much Achaea when ...

Comments

• KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Kyrra said:
    I'm as genuinely nice, generous and sweet natured as Kyrra. Only I have less of a fixation for six foot wooden poles OOCly.
    Well, then you and I are complete opposites in that regard.
  • edited January 2013
    I came back to achaea after four years of quitting because I missed the way hashan looked after a snowfall.  Now I sometimes dream of random achaeans and places.  
    Commission List: Aesi, Kenway, Shimi, Kythra, Trey, Sholen .... 5/5 CLOSED
    I will not draw them in the order that they are requested... rather in the order that I get inspiration/artist block.
  • DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    edited January 2013
    When you create stupid tmotes for things as silly as brofist.

because highfive is so last year.
  • If we do not bro together, we shall bro apart.
  • Alyssea said:
    When you can't decide whether to refer to people by their Achaean or rl name outside of Achaea :|

I tend to go with achaean name. Then you aren't risking accidentally slipping their RL name to someone if you speak about them oocly, and use their name out of habbit. I only really know a few people's real names though, and two of those don't really count - Valden, who I've been with for 8 years IRL, and I convinced him to play, and Darlah who I went to high school with.

It is a bit weird though, after being in guildwars/maplestory guilds where we'd all be on a first name basis, unless someone had a preferred nickname. But then I always liked to be called Katz, so hey. :P I like my name, love that it's not common, but it feels weird to use it, because I just don't hear it very often.

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Maplestory?

You poor, wretched soul.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • KatzchenKatzchen Mhaldor
    edited January 2013
    Melodie said:
    Maplestory? You poor, wretched soul.
    I know, right? Granted it wasn't as bad when I started playing, not long after beta I think. Now, I wouldn't go near it, even if it wasn't just a grind-fest with dress up dolls. You're exceptionally lucky if you don't get hacked multiple times, without doing anything wrong. I mostly kept playing for the guild, which unlike most of the population, were pretty decent. Ashamedly, I have a level 164? I think Paladin there, as well as a few more 100+ chars.

ETA: Though, I was always fond of dressing up characters...image

• When you think, "Gee, they make that class/house sound so fun to play! Maybe I'll make an alt to try it out!"

And THEN think

"But whose got the time for that?! :("

• edited January 2013
    You know you play too much Achaea when you spend hours an hour editing a 8x8 pixel image just to round off a tiny corner of your GUI more nicely.

EDITed for accuracy.
  • I haven't started... I'm too scared >.>
    meh

• XerXer Langley
    I just used Katzchen's work of me :D
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    e^(iπ) + 1 = 0
  • @Oceana I have so done that. XD

funny thing is, my achaean name and my rl name have the same amount of syllables and similar intonation.  

Sometimes I write Averi on documents and stuff by accident. 
    Commission List: Aesi, Kenway, Shimi, Kythra, Trey, Sholen .... 5/5 CLOSED
    I will not draw them in the order that they are requested... rather in the order that I get inspiration/artist block.

• Averi said:
    @Oceana I have so done that. XD

funny thing is, my achaean name and my rl name have the same amount of syllables and similar intonation.  

I'm getting to the stage I prefer Wysteria over my own real name because people can at least pronounce it.
    "Faded away like the stars in the morning,
     Losing their light in the glorious sun,
     Thus would we pass from this earth and its toiling,
     Only remembered for what we have done."

• Sheesh, your real name usually constitutes of just a single syllable pronunciation-wise. (versus four)

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • OceanaOceana North Sea
    Usually?  :-?
  • DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    I now dream in text. I hate you all. Had I not read this thread, it wouldn't happen.

Also, I've gone by both my character's name and my real name for years.

Interesting tidbit, how hard is it to say Seth? People will mispronounce that crap all day. Daslin? Nope! No issues!

Four letters, one syllable. Can't do it!
  • edited January 2013
    Wysteria said:
    Averi said:
    @Oceana I have so done that. XD

I'm getting to the stage I prefer Wysteria over my own real name because people can at least pronounce it.

I'd prefer Alyssea over my real name too. People can pronounce it, but no one ever spells it correctly since it's spelled the German way.
  • Oceana said:
    My first name is only two syllables, but people can't pronounce it because they're generally pretty stupid. Cut it down to one syllable and they still get it wrong.

If it means anything, customers over the phone call me "Polyp". It's now a running gag in the office because people can't believe my name's degraded to such a state.
    "Faded away like the stars in the morning,
     Losing their light in the glorious sun,
     Thus would we pass from this earth and its toiling,
     Only remembered for what we have done."

• Fun fact - during colonoscopies, they're generally checking for polyps.

• Trey said:
    Fun fact - during colonoscopies, they're generally checking for polyps.
    BURN THE HERETIC!

• If you're 555 then I'm 666?

• Wysteria said:
    Oceana said:
    My first name is only two syllables, but people can't pronounce it because they're generally pretty stupid. Cut it down to one syllable and they still get it wrong.

If it means anything, customers over the phone call me "Polyp". It's now a running gag in the office because people can't believe my name's degraded to such a state.
    Yeah... my name only has four letters, granted three syllables, but yet somehow nearly every teacher I had in school would for some reason at first basically switch the two middle letters around and pronounce it wrong, shortening it to two syllables in the process. Why, I do not know.

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    I had that problem. I had my name legally changed to both something easily pronouncable and something I liked.

I still end up being called Julie / Kylie / Lucy / Chili over the phone at work though. I no longer bother correcting people.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."