Favorite Memory

13»

Comments

• Most inspiring: One of my alts being allowed to join a certain pre-Order clan. I was frankly surprised I'd gotten that degree of attention, much less as that alt.

Biggest impression left: First time seeing a god in-game. Since my original Achaean was Mhaldorian and we had guilds back then, of course this was @Sartan.

Happiest: That moment that I realised, as Bo, that this thing I'd put all my energy into and accomplished was both epic and meaningless, that it'd not have been accomplished without /everyone/ doing what he or she did. The reason why Bo's motto is still, 'Thank you.'

Saddest: All those gods dying within 1 RL hour of one another, during Bal'met. Some of them even came out of dormancy to die! I was so sad, IC and OOC.

Scariest: Trying desperately to figure out whether or not alerting someone else to a certain situation counted as interfering with it.

Most flattery ever received: "I could have ruled Mhaldor for a hundred years with you by my side."

Most disappointing: A Hashani alt not winning a haiku contest. My haiku was eight words long, and the initial letter of each word spelled out the name of the God the contest was for, @Twilight! Nobody else did that!

Most regrettable: Not being able to stay awake for Occultist House events, because they were so late for me. I'd always nod off at the keyboard, and notice I'd QQd for inactivity. Dammit!

Most surprising: On my original Mhaldorian character, getting proposed to by a young Naga. I'd had no idea he liked me as more than a friend! Today, @Firey is long-dormant, and was happily IRL-engaged before then. I hope they're both doing well.
    Miin-aan baash kimini-sij-i-gan bitooyin sij-i-gan-i bukwayszhiigan = blueberry π
  • After realizing my favorite memories would take up pages and pages and would likely bore most of you i'll just go with this one: All the brilliant and sometimes not so brilliant characters khalid has met over the years, most of which are no longer around, that have enriched his life and helped provide those pages and pages of great memories. Except for Sarapis..who kept shrubbing me which was just traumatising and required years of therapy. 
  • The Original Great Dream that happened right as we got an influx of 30 novices... having @Lereas as an occultist lead us through hell with @Pandora as our guide. Was a whole lot of fun not having to worry about city guidelines or penalties and just getting to be friends and random events spawning everywhere.
    (Blades of Valour): He just has that Synbios Swagger enough said.
    (Blades of Valour): Draekar says: "Synbios if sunbeams sparkle off that I'll kill you where you stand."

(Party) Halos says, "Disbar?"
    (Party) Draekar says, "You know here we have disbar."
    (Party) Draekar says, "And over there we have datbar."
  • Seeing Shiro walk through Cyrene as a Runewarden Dragon Mark when I first created Wyd.  Set the tone for what image I wanted Wyd to have as I developed him.

Getting the news that I'd been approved for Knighthood, and the whole knighting ceremony.  I think everyone who gets Knighted in Achaea remembers their first time :proud: 

Pulling off a quadbreak + freeze cleave in a Matsuhama sponsored rampage, that got Wyd added to his Order.  Its the only Order based experience I've had in achaea (even to this day), so was a big change from what I had experienced in the past.

Oh, and hunting a certain thief down over two Islands in a demonstration that no one -'s with Cyrene.

• Wyd said:
    Seeing Shiro walk through Cyrene as a Runewarden Dragon Mark when I first created Wyd.  Set the tone for what image I wanted Wyd to have as I developed him.

Getting the news that I'd been approved for Knighthood, and the whole knighting ceremony.  I think everyone who gets Knighted in Achaea remembers their first time :proud: 
    +1 to the first. Definitely set the tone for Knighthood for a lot of people, I think, and it was never quite the same when Dragon was changed to have its own class.

And to the second - I should have mentioned that administering the Ceremonies was almost as fun as participating, because you knew you were gonna create something really memorable.  :3 

"Gilgamesh, where are you hurrying to? You will never find that [everlasting] life for which you are looking. When the gods created man they allotted to him death, but life they retained in their own keeping. As for you, Gilgamesh, fill your belly with good things; day and night, night and day, dance and be merry, feast and rejoice. Let your clothes be fresh, bathe yourself in water, cherish the little child that holds your hand, and make your wife happy in your embrace; for this too is the lot of man." 

• I remember when I first started in the some house, I read something about killing rats gets you gold, so I sat there during my newbie intro to the house doing CURSE RAT like 100 times and going why tf won't you die. Meanwhile the person there helping me was just dying laughing. It took me like a year and a half IRL to remember and then realize what I was doing.
  • I remember that newb who followed me from Targ to Ashtan.

Some shitty little Jester that didn't even know how to juggle.

1tear

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • I remember some tough dude from the north that taught me how to fight.
  • AustereAustere Tennessee
    I feel like you guys just had a moment.  At least 50% of one.  Since it makes me uncomfortable, I shall respond with a snide comment:

Aesi said:
    I remember some tough dude from the north that taught me how to fight.
    Funny how our perceptions change as we get older. People we once thought were tough, are suddenly demoted to scrubiness levels. 
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Austere said:
    I feel like you guys just had a moment.  At least 50% of one.  Since it makes me uncomfortable, I shall respond with a snide comment:

Aesi said:
    Funny how our perceptions change as we get older. People we once thought were tough, are suddenly demoted to scrubiness levels. 
    Ouch

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • AustereAustere Tennessee
    edited October 2015
    Klendathu said:
    Austere said:

Aesi said:
    Ouch
    @Atalkez has beat me down enough to know that I love and respect him.  Dude does it with half the escrow of most top tier fighters.  Mad skills, much raves.  I just enjoy giving him a hard time. 

Edit: not to say I am a top tier fighter.  Just saying I classify him as just as dangerous as top tier fighters 
  • Atalkez said:
    I remember that newb who followed me from Targ to Ashtan.

1tear
    I was talking about @Dalran being that newb Jester that followed me to Ashtan like 3 years ago.

Thanks for the props though dudes!

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Atalkez said:
    Atalkez said:
    I remember that newb who followed me from Targ to Ashtan.

1tear
    I was talking about @Dalran being that newb shitty little Jester that followed me to Ashtan like 3 years ago.

Thanks for the props though dudes!
    FTFY,

still had 25% of a moment.
  • Jhaeli said:
    Wyd said:
    Seeing Shiro walk through Cyrene as a Runewarden Dragon Mark when I first created Wyd.  Set the tone for what image I wanted Wyd to have as I developed him.

+1 to the first. Definitely set the tone for Knighthood for a lot of people, I think, and it was never quite the same when Dragon was changed to have its own class.

And to the second - I should have mentioned that administering the Ceremonies was almost as fun as participating, because you knew you were gonna create something really memorable.  :3 
    As a master of ceremonies for the Templars I second this last thought. Some of the most fun times I had were when we all gathered to knight someone and make something very special for them happen.
    (Blades of Valour): He just has that Synbios Swagger enough said.
    (Blades of Valour): Draekar says: "Synbios if sunbeams sparkle off that I'll kill you where you stand."

(Party) Halos says, "Disbar?"
    (Party) Draekar says, "You know here we have disbar."
    (Party) Draekar says, "And over there we have datbar."