Player Pics

Comments

• @Mishgul‌
    Drink apple juice because OJ will kill you
  • JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
    I was in Venice a while ago, sometime in 2011.

Absolutely fell in love with the place. No idea why anyone said it smells bad - it was beautiful all around. In terms of the food, maybe you were just unlucky, @Sarapis - the places we went to had pretty much universally good food, if not EXCELLENT, and we did also go to one of the Lonely Planet recommended places which did serve great food. If I ever remember it I'll tell you (not that it would help you much now though probably.) My only regret was that I didn't have someone at the time to share Venice with - it has to be one of the most romantic places I've ever been to.

Ugh seeing your photos makes me want to go back so badddd.
    If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

• edited October 2014
    Yeah, I didn't find Venice to smell bad at all, but you must have hit like the five restaurants there that don't have almost the exact same menu full of non-local dishes and with pictures on the menu (a universal sign of bad food in Western restaurants in my experience). Even the other Italians we've met on this trip talked about how they dislike eating in Venice when we mention we were there. We ended up just skipping a proper dinner there two of the four nights we were there. I gather there are a few very pricey high-end restaurants (Quadri off St. Marks' square, a couple others) that are meant to be fantastic, but after eating other food in Venice we decided to just save our high-end food budget for Tuscany (where you almost can't find a bad restaurant it feels like, at least in the countryside).

Perhaps the problem is just that while there are good restaurants, they are outnumbered (massively) by the tourist-facing crapholes. We had done no real research on restaurants there, and just wandered around (our favorite thing to do in cities) randomly encountering stuff. Some research was probably warranted to sift out the gems from the others.
  • @Sarapis, The best place i found to eat in Venice was a little pasta takeaway place hidden away called Dal Moro's - Fresh Pasta To Go. It would have to be the best pasta and sauce i have ever tasted anywhere. Was just a shame I discovered them on my last night in Venice

Here is there Facebook page which also has their maps to find them.

• Yeah that's actually pretty spot-on.  A lot of the most beautiful places in the world are surrounded by a strange foreign aura of sweat, curry/kimchi/etc and ancient yuckiness. 
  • JozlynJozlyn out of here.
    Dear @Sarapis

When you post your awesome pictures so close to mine you make me feel like a jerk.

With affection,

Jozlyn 

P.S. It's a lovely shot. 
    P.P.S. I'm jealous and I hate you.
    P.P.P.S. *weep* Please post more
     yes, sir.
  • Sarapis said:
    I don't often post pictures (or take/have taken) pictures of myself, but here's one at a castle in northern Italy.

All hail the Sarapecs, almost too divine for mortal eyes.
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • Lyndee said:

Stuff about baseball.
    Go Dodgers
  • Shibumi said:
    In Italy, it is mandatory to avoid any restaurant displaying food pictures. I am the one and only Italian player, and I am happy to know that someone still likes my crumbling country. In Venice food can suck, if you do not know your ways around. Also, what is claimed to be Italian food in US, it is not Italian food 95% of the times.

As to the nonnas, they will feed you to death, especially in the south. It is true, although nowadays the good old nonnas are dying and the new entries are not as good as they are supposed to be.

Remember also that even if Italy is a small country, there are huge differences as to the food an people in a matter of 60 Mph. 

I started a thread while ago about Italy. If you have question about anything related to my country, I will happily reply.

Finally, "Ciao" means literally "Your slave". The word comes from Venetian dialect. Use it wisely, especially if you are greeting a Mhaldorian!

A big hug to you all.

@Shibumi
    Grazie! La maggior parte del cibo era ottimo! 

Had multiple memorable meals in Bergamo, the Val Gardena, in and around Gaiole-in-Chianti and Radda-in-Chianti, and in Lucca. Just not in Venice. That's ok though, it's easy to get good cheese, sliced meats, and wine there, and we just mainly ate that in Venice. Great wines in each place too. Have been to Gaiole/Radda before and we see a lot of the wines from there here in the States (my favorite olive oil is from there too), but both the food and fantastic whites from the Sudtirol were a happy surprise.

• Also since it has been quite a period since I actually posted a picture of myself :) 

• ^PS. I don't know why my photos are so small :(
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Kitttttties!  :D
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby