Svof

Comments

• AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    You know plenty about plenty, but your argument on that topic makes zero sense. The abuse you're citing doesn't exist anymore, and it's a massive, massive hole in an otherwise impressive curing suite.

I joked for years that you probably had a killswitch buried in Svo, just so you could rip the world a new one if it pissed you off. Turns out it wasn't a killswitch, it was a comment bracket.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • If you don't restore, you'll die hilariously easily. I've never seen restore take more than 10s flat, 2.5s per limb whether damaged or not. Taking into account the attack time to create the circumstances to force the restore in the first place, you should have 1-2 seconds at least to stand and interrupt even after a 4-limb restore.

Far less easily abused than say, not restoring at all and dying to a trivial vivisect set up.

• You've got me. I'm totally the evil villain who describes the way for the hero to escape before attempting to kill him. 

If the issue with the strat doesn't exist anymore, then it should be re-enabled, simple as that. A problem with it existed at the time, so it was disabled.

Commenting something out for a killswitch makes absolutely no sense when it could be deleted without a trace and I'm pretty disappointed with your theory. It was disabled so if someone thought it'd be good, they'd enable it. No need for personal attacks.
  • I know written text doesn't convey tone very well, but @Aerek seemed to be speaking fairly tongue in cheek.
  • I read that killswitch comment as a lighthearted joke, but without tone, it's hard to tell. So let's not go down that rabbit hole of personal attacks, I really liked the communication about svof without hard feelings.

That out of the way, it seems that most people seem to favour reenabling the strategy and I'll add that statement to the issue, so someone can go around and take care of it.
  • Keneanung said:
    There has been some discussion about that scenario at https://github.com/svof/svof/issues/152 and since I'm not proficient in combat, I won't take a decision in that one until more people weigh in.
    They just have to turn off the maybevivi option if they don't need it, same concept as adjusting prios etc. Commenting it out doesn't serve much purpose when it can be toggled and can be set as "off" by default, for people who have no use for it.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Cynlael said:
    Gonna need to change the DEF line for Deathsight too, with this recent event.

'Your mind has been attuned to the realm of Death.'
    That was changed with the last update.
    Huh. Neat.
  • does anyone else's pipes act a little wacky? Once I smoke out of like a malachite or a cinnabar, when it trys to refill it, it does so successfully, but then continually thinks it's empty and keeps filling it, so I gradually get an inventory full of over 100 cinnabar and so on.

How do I stop this?

• Probably "plist"

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • Yeah no I figured it out. Had rebounding on upkeep while hunting, silly me. Using Keneanung's basher so it's actively blocking the put malachite in until after enemies are dead. Whoops!

• Hrm, it would appear in svo that the svo.classes.<classhere> table has an inconsistency.

most of the classes have a true/false on the fighting variable, however serpents is usually nil/gone, and then is set to something numeric when it is present.
    (svo.classes.serpent.fighting)

Is there a particular reasoning here?

- vlua svo.classes.serpent

{
      fighting = false,
      skills = {
        "subterfuge",
        "venom",
        "hypnosis"
      }
    }

Seems like a bug that you've run into, or another of your scripts is interfering. *shrug*
    Huh. Neat.
  • Hrm, while I have nothing that would be specifically modifying that variable I will reinstall it and see where I get.

• Does keneanung basher use svo custom prompt? It wiped my prompt out as soon as I pushed F2. Then typing the activate alias doesn't pop up any text, but adding toggle makes all the text visible.

Using both svo (cleared prompt) and Wunder.
  • Nope, no definition/injection done from the basher. Could be a faulty prompt tag (I'd check the error view), possible in connection with in-game target?
  • Seems my issue was from using the auto upgrader. Reinstalled fresh and the class table functions as expected

• edited July 2016
    I installed the basher package a few days ago, was running super smooth up until yesterday. Now all of a sudden, it keeps showing up as though I'm using the pre-installed svof autobash, even though I have deactivated the F2 function in the svof script. How do I fix this?

This is what is showing up --

keneanung: Nothing will stand in our way.
    [NOTE]: Depending on your class, abilities, and weapons, using the KILL command may be less
    efficient than manually choosing your abilities.
    You reach out and bop a huge, ferocious crocodile on the nose with your blackjack.

• CONFIG KILLWARNING OFF

Its an Achaea thing that warns you, you can safely turn it off
    Rhydian said:
    I installed the basher package a few days ago, was running super smooth up until yesterday. Now all of a sudden, it keeps showing up as though I'm using the pre-installed svof autobash, even though I have deactivated the F2 function in the svof script. How do I fix this?

This is what is showing up --

keneanung: Nothing will stand in our way.
    [NOTE]: Depending on your class, abilities, and weapons, using the KILL command may be less
    efficient than manually choosing your abilities.
    You reach out and bop a huge, ferocious crocodile on the nose with your blackjack.

CONFIG KILLWARN OFF or CONFIG KILLWARNING OFF. I forget which. That's achaea warning you about using the KILL command, not svo.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Thank you so much!
  • Hi, I'm having an issue with transmute on the monk svof.

I have the mode set to supplement, and the vconfig transmute set to 80 yet it will not transmute for me at all. I have tried putting svo.transmute() before my combo in my bashing script, but when I am below 80% health, it just stops me hitting whatsoever.

If I could get a bit of advice on this I'd really appreciate it.
  • if you're using serverside alongside svof, you'll need to go into vshow server, and tick svo handling transmute. I had this problem, and that fixed it for me
  • Will said:
    if you're using serverside alongside svof, you'll need to go into vshow server, and tick svo handling transmute. I had this problem, and that fixed it for me
    Thanks @Will, it was driving me mad!
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    So this is just one random question, but how does the system keep track of arena mode? I mean, I know how to enable or disable it, just wondering how svof keeps track of it, since I could use that variable for something else.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

Shirszae said:
    So this is just one random question, but how does the system keep track of arena mode? I mean, I know how to enable or disable it, just wondering how svof keeps track of it, since I could use that variable for something else.
    Svo has a list of areas that it checks against gmcp.Room.Info.area.
    Huh. Neat.
    Ahmet said:
    Shirszae said:
    Whereabouts? I swear I've  searched everywhere to no avail... 

Shirszae said:
    Ahmet said:
    Shirszae said:
    Whereabouts? I swear I've  searched everywhere to no avail... 
    It's a local variable that can't be accessed outside of the system.

Luckily for you, we can copy pasta.

sk.arena_areas = {
    -- mhaldor
    ["the Desolate Towers"] = true,
    ["the Skeletal Forest"] = true,
    ["the Abandoned Catacombs"] = true,
    ["the Volcanic Warrens"] = true,
    -- shallam
    ["the Shallam Caverns"] = true,
    ["the Hunter's Path"] = true,
    ["the Hunting Grounds"] = true,
    ["an Old Shack"] = true,
    ["the Catacombs"] = true,
    ["the Tower of Light"] = true,
    -- cyrene
    ["the Forest of Solitude"] = true,
    ["Muurn Falls"] = true,
    ["the Pantheon"] = true,
    ["some Dank Caverns"] = true,
    ["the Matsuhama Arena"] = true,
    ["the Caves in the Matsuhama Arena"] = true,
    -- hashan
    ["Damballah Lake"] = true,
    ["the Lisigia Village"] = true,
    ["the Wealds of Lisigia"] = true,
    ["the Lisigia Palace"] = true,
    ["the Darkshade River"] = true,
    ["the Lisigian Wastelands"] = true,
    -- ashtan
    ["the Tomb Grounds"] = true,
    ["an underground river"] = true,
    ["the Tomb of Glanos"] = true,
    ["the Tomb Catacombs"] = true,
    -- eleusis
    ["an unspoiled forest"] = true,
    ["the endless wastelands"] = true,
    ["a forgotten jungle"] = true,
    ["the uncharted mountains"] = true,
    -- delos
    ["the Central Arena"] = true,
    ["the Modi River"] = true,
    ["the Gaian Forest"] = true,
    ["the Caverns of the Beasts"] = true,
    ["the Gladiator Pit"] = true,
    -- targ
    ["The Stadium"] = true,
    ["The Stands"] = true,
    ["The Pits"] = true,
    }
    Huh. Neat.
    Ohhh. Thanks a lot, @Ahmet!

• Okay, you helpful guys. I finally made the switch over from WunderSys to SVOF now, and I have a few problems. Not with the switch per se, but with the NameDB, which is sorta messed up. I asked on the SVOF clan today, and found out that @Omor and I have the same problem - it doesn't seem to store the values properly. We both lose the name information again after a while. Reinstalling SVOF didn't help. Does anybody have an idea what we're doing wrong?

Oh, by the way - we both run Mudlet 2.1 (I run it on a mac, and 3.0 on a windows machine, both run very smoothly otherwise). Any help is appreciated. Thanks!